HP DESKJET 1510 PRINTER SETUP
- The HP Deskjet 1510 printer offers easy Printing, Copying, and Scanning option.
- It is an affordable printer. This printer works with both Windows and Mac operating system.
- The HP Deskjet 1510 printer is specially designed for home and home office purpose.
- The HP Deskjet 1510 is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer has the capability to print a document with less energy.
- The manual two-sided printing makes your print job easier and it also saves the paper usage by printing your document on both sides of the page.
- Connect the HP Deskjet 1510 printer and the computer via a USB cable.
- Due to its printer’s compact design, you can place the printer in any of the desks.
- The HP Deskjet 1510 printer’s print speed for black is up to 8ppm and for color is up to 4 ppm.
- Paper handling capacity: The printer’s input tray capacity is up to 60 sheets and the output tray capacity is up to 25 sheets.
HP Deskjet 1510 Driver download
A driver is an essential for the device to function well. Without installing the driver on your computer, you cannot use the printer to print a document or photo. Download and install the updated printer driver and software on your system where you have saved the documents for printing. Use the tips that are given below to download and install the driver for the printer.
STEP 1: There are two methods that might help you to download and install the printer driver on the computer. a. Installation CD b. From the website.
STEP 2: Make use of the CD that came with the printer to install the driver on the computer. Ensure that the CD is free from scratch and dust.
STEP 3: Open the computer’s disc drive and place the CD into it. Use the on-screen instructions to run and execute the setup file.
STEP 4: During the installation process, you are prompted to choose the connection type. Choose USB as the connection type.
STEP 5: Once completing the installation process, try to print a sample document to check its performance.
STEP 6: If you find any issue with the printer, move to the next step to install the driver successfully.
STEP 7: Just give a call at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website. Our technical experts will download and install the driver on your computer via a remote app.
1. Before starting the scan process, you have to install the updated driver and software and set up the printer connection to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Place the desired document or photo on the scanner glass and then lock the scanner lid.
3. You can use an Automatic Document Feeder to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not use ADF to scan photos. By doing so it damages the photos as well as the printer.
4. Attempt to scan the document from the printer. Most of the printer model has a Scan button or a touchscreen with the scan menu.
5. Choose your computer name, if instructed and a scan job type. Wait until the scan gets completed and then return to the computer.
6. The folder in which the scan saved gets open automatically. You can view the scanned document by clicking on the desired scanned file.
7. In case your printer doesn’t have a scan button, find HP from Windows. Choose your printer model name from the results to access HP Printer Assistant and then select Scan a Document or Photo to access HP Scan.
8. Choose a shortcut that matches the type of a file and resulting action and then modify the available settings. Click Scan.
Refill ink cartridges
1. An ink cartridge is the most important for the printer to print a document. It is necessary to estimate the ink level of the printer’s cartridge.
2. During the estimation process, if you find that the cartridge is empty, either you have to refill it or replace it with a new one.
3. Open the ink cartridge access door. Remove the empty cartridge from the slot.
4. Most of the cartridges that have the printhead on the bottom are refilled in the same procedures. All those cartridges have stickers on the top.
5. If you peel off the stickers, you might find a hole giving you access to the inside of the cartridge which means using that hole you can fill up the cartridges.
6. You just have to draw ink into the syringe slowly and inject it into the center of the cartridge’s hole. Once it is filled, cover it back with the sticker that you peeled off previously.
7. Since the needle size is very small, if you draw ink into the syringe quickly, the air gaps might be created.
8. Air gaps might block your ink cartridges so prior to injecting ink through the hole, ensure that there are no air bubbles.
9. It is suggested to fill the cartridge to near capacity and not full. For example: If the cartridge capacity is up to 19ml so fill it is about 13ml. This is to avoid leakage.
10. After filling the cartridge, it must be allowed to set for a few hours. This allows the ink to settle at the bottom of the sponge.
11. You can find the sponge inside the cartridge and it cannot be seen.
12. For other old cartridges, you have to pull out the stoppers. To remove the stoppers, you need to get a sharp object to pull out.
13. You can also push it into the cartridges, that does not affect the cartridge.
14. After refilling the cartridges, place the cartridge into the proper slot.
15. Before inserting the cartridge, make sure that the cartridge is clean. If not, the printer will not detect it while printing.
16. Insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
17. Ensure that the cartridges are inserted properly. Once you’re done, lock the cartridge access door.
18. Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
If you find an issue with the printer, you have to fix and resolve it. You need not spend more money to troubleshoot your printer. You can easily fix and resolve the issue on your own. Just follow the tips that are given below to make your printer ready to print your documents.
- Restart the printer and computer and try to print a sample document. If the issue continues, check the connection between the printer and computer.
- Use an updated driver and software for the printer. Periodically update the printer firmware.
- Place the printer on a flat surface to avoid paper jam issue. Prior to loading the paper into the tray, ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- It is advisable to use a genuine ink cartridge to print a document.
Blinking lights error
STEP 1: If you find that the attention light in your printer blinks, lower the printer’s output tray, pull out the tray extender.
STEP 2: Check the control panel of the printer for blinking lights. If the issue is resolved, you’re done. If not move to the next step.
STEP 3: Ensure that the input tray is filled with the papers that are compatible with the printer. After inserting the paper, adjust the paper width guides, based on the paper size.
STEP 4: If you still find an issue, follow the steps that are listed below in order to clear a paper jam issue.
STEP 5: In some cases, the paper jam error exists even though there is no jammed paper. By rebooting the printer will clear a false paper jam issue and then attempt to print a test page.
STEP 6: Check whether that there is no jammed paper inside the input tray and output tray of the printer.
STEP 7: Dust and debris on the paper feed rollers might cause the paper jams and paper feed issues. It is suggested to clean the paper feed rollers regularly.
STEP 8: If the issue still persists, move to the next step to rectify the printer issue.
STEP 9: Restart the printer. Place plain paper into the input tray of the printer. Tap and hold the power button. While holding the power button, you need to press and hold the Cancel button for 2 to 3 seconds.
STEP 10: The test page gets printed. If the steps resolved the issue and the test page prints successfully, you’re done.
STEP 1: In some of the cases, resetting the printer might help you resolve the printing issue.
STEP 2: Verify the printer driver settings. Find your printer from Windows and then select Devices and Printers from the list of results.
STEP 3: Double-tap the Set Preferences option. Search for the paper type information. From the Paper type area, ensure that the Plain Paper option is chosen.
STEP 4: Ensure that the Draft or Normal mode is selected from the Quality Settings area. Click on Ok to confirm the changes.
STEP 5: Uninstall the printer driver and install the latest driver and software for the printer.
STEP 6: It is recommended to update the printer firmware regularly. Check the connection status of the printer.
STEP 7: In case the printer is connected via a USB cable, try with a different USB cable. Using the USB cable that is too long or improperly shielded cable might affect the printer’s print speed.
STEP 8: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to easily fix and resolve the printing issue.
STEP 9: In some cases, the printing issue might occur due to the paper jam issue.
STEP 10: Estimate the ink level of the cartridge. If you find any empty cartridge, replace it with a new one.
STEP 11: To avail more information, feel free to contact our technical support team at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website.