HP DESKJET 2545 PRINTER SETUP
If you want to equip your home with a color inkjet printer that helps you print high-quality documents and photos, the HP Deskjet 2545 printer is the best choice for you.
This multi-functional printer allows you to print, copy and scan documents and photos. You can get an all-in-one printer at an affordable price.
The HP Deskjet printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology and is bundled along with a black ink cartridge and tri-color ink cartridge that enables color printing.
This printer uses the CIS scan element for scanning documents and photos. The optical resolution of the HP Deskjet 2545 scanner is up to 1200 X 1200 DPI.
This printer supports various media types such as photo paper, envelopes, plain paper, labels, etc. It is compatible with sizes such as A4, A5, B5, A6, Legal, etc.
The print speed of the HP Deskjet 2545 is up to 20 pages per minute for black documents and 16 pages per minute for color documents. Print documents in a jiffy.
The HP Deskjet 2545 printer does not compromise on quality. The print resolution is as high as 600 X 600 DPI for mono and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents.
HP Deskjet 2545 Wireless Printer Setup
STEP 1: If you want to set up your HP Deskjet 2545 printer wirelessly, you need to start off by collecting a few necessary details such as the name and password of the network.
STEP 2: Make sure that you have not connected your computer and printer using a USB or LAN cable. If so, disconnect all the cables connecting the printer and the computer.
STEP 3: Connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Tap on the power button on the printer to switch it on.
STEP 4: Connect the power cord to the router and switch it on. Wait until the network stabilizes. Make sure that the network connection is secure and stable.
STEP 5: Switch on the computer and wait for it to complete the boot process. Connect your computer to the same wireless network to which you will connect your printer.
STEP 6: To continue, press the small wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. The Wireless Setup menu will display on the screen of your HP Deskjet 2545 printer.
STEP 7: Scroll down through the options and navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Follow the prompted instructions and select the name of your wireless network.
STEP 8: If you don’t see the name of your network, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Type in the details of your network. If prompted, enter the network password.
STEP 9: Make sure that you don’t connect your printer or your computer to a guest network such as a school’s network. You cannot access the printer features over a guest network.
STEP 10: If you have already connected your computer and printer using a wire or a cable, you need to remove the printer device from your computer.
STEP 11: Download the latest updated printer driver and follow the prompted commands to install it. Choose Wireless as the connection mode and connect your printer to your computer.
HP Deskjet 2545 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Ensure that you regularly check the estimated level of ink in your HP Deskjet 2545 printer. If either of the ink cartridges exhaust, you need to replace it with a new one.
- You will find a small Ink Drop icon on the printer’s control panel. Press the button to reveal the level of ink in your HP Deskjet 2545 printer.
- You can also check the level of ink from the HP Smart App. Download the app and connect your printer to it. The level of ink will display on the home screen of the app.
- If you have a Windows computer, open the HP Solution Center window. The estimated level of ink on your printer will display on the home screen.
- If you are using a Mac, open the System Preferences window. Tap on Print & Scan and select your printer. Navigate to Supply Levels tab to reveal the ink levels.
- Plug one end of the power cord directly to the electrical outlet and the other end to the printer’s rear. Switch on the printer and wait for it to settle down.
- Clasp the handles of the printer on either side. Open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- Slightly press the ink cartridge to loosen it from its position. Remove the exhausted ink cartridge from its slot. Discard the old ink cartridge.
- Take the new ink cartridge out from its package. You need to remove all the packing materials on it. Pull the orange tab to peel off the packing tapes on it.
- Ensure that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Hold the cartridge only by its sides. If you touch the copper-colored contacts, it will lead to ink clogs.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle. Hold it in such a manner that the nozzles of the ink cartridge are facing the HP Deskjet 2545 printer.
- Do not misplace the ink cartridges. The black ink cartridge goes into the slot on the right and tri-color ink cartridge goes into the slot on left.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the slot. Push until the ink cartridges fits into position. Repeat the steps to install more ink cartridges. Close the cartridge access door.
- Open the scanner lid. Place a plain paper and position it according to the engraved guides. Tap on the Start Copy Black button to align the ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2545 Driver And Manual Download
1. You need to download and install the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver on your computer to connect the printer to the computer or to a network and access the printer features.
2. Installing the printer driver is the last step in setting up the HP Deskjet 2545 printer. If you don’t install the printer driver, your computer will not recognize the printer.
3. There are two ways to install the printer driver. You can use the installer CD that you received along with the printer to install the HP Deskjet 2545 printer driver.
4. The only downside of using the installer CD to install the printer driver is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with the latest OS version of your computer.
5. You can also download the HP Deskjet 2545 driver on your computer and install it. Type in the URL of our website in the address bar of your computer’s browser.
6. Press the Enter key and wait for the webpage to complete loading. Scroll down and search for the Driver Download section. Enter the model number of your printer.
7. You need to choose the OS version of your computer. If you choose the wrong version, you will download the wrong driver and hence you won’t be able to install it.
8. From the list of available printer drivers, download the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, you can download the Basic Driver.
9. Wait for the file to download. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it. Select the connection type and connect your devices.
10. You will receive a hard copy or a printed copy of the user manual along with the HP Deskjet 2545 printer. This is one of the important printer accessories.
11. You can also download the manual from our website. Open our website and look for the Manual Download section. Enter the model number of your printer to begin downloading.
HP Deskjet 2545 How To Scan
- If you wish to scan a document or photo using the HP Deskjet 2545 printer, you need to install the required scanner software such as the HP Easy Scan on your computer.
- Open the scanner lid of the printer. Load the document or photo that you wish to scan on the scanner glass and position it according to the engraved guides on the glass.
- If you are using a Windows computer, search for the keyword HP and open the HP Printer Assistant Window. Tap on the Scan A Document Or Photo option.
- The HP Easy Scan window will open. Select the shortcut type that matches your scan job. Make necessary changes and tap the Scan button.
- If you are using a Mac, open the HP Easy Scan app. From the list of available devices under the Scanner menu, select the name of your HP Deskjet 2545 printer.
- Choose the shortcut type that matches your scan job under the Presets menu. Tap on the Scan button to begin scanning the document or the photo.
- Tap on the Edit option to customize settings. Click on the Send button and choose the Folder option. Select the destination folder under Where and click Save.
HP Deskjet 2545 Troubleshooting
STEP 1: If you are having issues with printing, scanning or any other HP Deskjet 2545 printer functions, restart the printer. Disconnect the power cord and connect it back after a while.
STEP 2: Ensure that you always use genuine HP ink cartridges and other products. Usage of non-HP products will lead to print, print quality and other hardware issues.
STEP 3: Make sure that the connection between your printer and computer is intact and secure. If you are using a wired connection, remove it and reconnect it securely.
STEP 4: Check if you have selected the correct printer settings on your computer. Ensure that you have chosen the correct paper type, paper size, paper source, quality settings, etc.
STEP 5: Clean the HP Deskjet 2545 printer and printer parts on a regular basis. Use a dry lint-free cloth to clean the parts. Formation of dust or debris will cause printer hardware issues.
STEP 6: Reset the HP Deskjet 2545 printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer while it is running. Wait a minute and connect the cable back. Switch on the printer.
STEP 7: If none of the above works, you might have to move to the next phase of troubleshooting. Call the toll-free number for further assistance.