Get the Absolute HP Officejet 5742 Setup Printer Guide
The HP Officejet 5742 Setup has a duplexer, you can print on both sides of the paper easily and swiftly. The connection mode accepted by Officejet 5742 printer is Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi. You can get printouts of the desired documents and photos from anywhere by saving the file on the cloud. It is a multifunction printer and has a capable of printing directly from your mobile devices and tablets.
- It is possible for you to connect your printer to iOS, Google Chrome, Kindle, and Blackberry phones and printing from them directly.
- NFC is one of the best features that come with the HP Officejet 5742 printer setup.
- The size and weight of the printer and makes you easy to carry it along with you wherever you go.
- Print photo at a fast rate without compromising on quality.
- For scanning, it has a letter-sized flatbed or the 25 sheets capacity Automatic Document Feeder.
How to Setup HP Officejet 5742 printer
- The first time printer setup for your HP Officejet 5742 setup printer can be done easily if you follow the instructions provided below properly.
- First, you have to remove all the packing materials present around the printer and its accessories. Once your remove all the tapes, send it for a recycling process.
- Once you removed all the tapes present outside the printer, get into the cartridge access door and take the packing materials present inside as well.
- Now you have to use a power cord to power up the printer. Once the power is supplied to the printer, you can switch it on using the power icon found on it.
- The first thing you have to do after you power on the printer is setting up the preference. You can set the location, language, date, time, and more by accessing the control panel of the printer.
- Installing the ink cartridges can be done easily as you have the easiest method over here. Install the cartridges one after another. Take out a one and unwrap it. Check the color code and place it in the appropriate slot.
- Make sure that the cartridge you are placing sets well in place. Do not have a contact in the connections as it would end in ink leakage and printer issue.
- Placing the paper into the tray is the step which you are going to have a look on. To place the paper during HP Officejet 5742 printer setup, raise the tray and keep a stack on it evenly. Tap on the entire stack to affirm that the paper is not bent.
- Once it is done, lower the output tray and drag the tray extender. Hardware setup of your printer is almost done. Now you have to look for the correct printer driver to be installed on the computer.
- Check out the compatibility of HP Officejet 5742 setup printer before you proceed to download and install. Follow the on-screen prompts and get the work done.
How to Download HP Officejet 5742 Driver and Manual
- First check this section of the document to know what is driver and manual separately and how to get them downloaded on your computer.
- Driver is a kind of software that is to be installed on your computer in order to initiate and maintain good functions of your printer wherein a manual is a kind of booklet which has necessary details like installation steps, tips to maintain and enhance the printer functions, troubleshooting steps, and more.
- The driver for your HP Officejet 5742 setup printer can be installed on the computer using two ways. One by using the installation CD, and another is by searching it on the Internet.
- The installation CD generally comes with the HP Officejet 5742 printer setup package which is compatible with your printer. Just keep the disc in the drive and let it run.
- When it prompts to install, choose a location where you want to save the file to. Go on with the prompts to accomplish the installation steps successfully.
- The same procedure is applicable for downloading the driver for both Windows and Mac operating system computers. The major difference is that they differ in the file extension type.
- if you are using the computer whose operating system is Windows, search for the driver with the file format of . Exe.
- If you are using the computer whose operating system is Mac, search for the driver with the file format of . Dmg.
- Getting the driver from the website is simple. All you have to do is just directed to the website where you can find the driver for your printer.
- Go to the search tab on the page, and enter the printer number for which you want the driver and click on Ok. Hold on until the browser provides you suitable search results.
- Once you get the driver for your HP Officejet 5742 setup printer, follow the prompts and install it on your computer.
How to Replace HP Officejet 5742 ink cartridges
- If the printer you are using is found to be creating any issues due to the ink cartridges, the instructions for How to Replace HP Officejet 5742 ink cartridges would help you replace the existing cartridge with a new one.
- The time gap between the removal of a new cartridge and inserting a new one should be less as to avoid the HP Officejet 5742 setup printer issue in later times.
- Verify the ink level of your cartridge to maintain the print quality. The ink cartridges are to be replaced if any of the installed cartridges are found to be faulty or empty. This could be found out when estimating the ink level.
- To estimate the ink level, install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your device. Once the installation is done, click Start, pick your printer and then click the Next option.
- Click on your printer name and select Supply Levels to view the estimated ink or toner levels.
- HP smart app can also be used to serve the same purpose. Get the app installed on your smartphones, tablets, or computers, and calculate the ink level successfully.
- Switch on the printer and open the cartridge access door. Let the printer rests at a position.
- It is always advisable not to keep the ink cartridge slot free as it leads to coagulation of ink the print head nozzles.
- Release the cartridge by pushing the front side and remove it from the slot. Subsequently, drag it forward to eliminate it from the slot.
- Free off a new cartridge from the packing material and plastic tapes. Make sure that you have removed all the stickers and tapes from the cartridge and follow how to replace HP Officejet 5742 ink cartridge.
- Avoid maintaining contact with the electrical contacts of the cartridge and confirm that the cartridge you have installed is free from debris. The HP Officejet 5742 printer setup fails to recognize the installed cartridge if it is not clean.
- Always install the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then install the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Close the cartridge access door after installing or replacing all the ink cartridges. Subsequently, print a test page and check its print quality and performance.
- If the printer’s quality is remarkable, proceed with further print jobs. If not, service your HP Officejet 5742 setup printer.
HP Officejet 5742 Wireless Setup
- After assembling the hardware that have been sent separately along with the printer shipment box, you have to choose a method to establish the printer connection.
- Whatever the operating system of the computer may be, you have to include the printer to the list if you want to start working on with your printer for HP Officejet 5742 wireless setup.
- At the time of establishing the HP Officejet 5742 Setup printer connection, the printer, computer, and the router all have to placed near to each other. After powering on the printer, you will be linking to the wireless network directly from the printer. So do remember you have to power on the computer first.
- Among the wireless mode of connection, you have Auto Wireless Direct, Wi- Fi Direct, Wireless Protected Setup. You can choose the one that is compatible with your printer.
- The SSID and password for the wireless router are available in label found on the wireless router. Check it and keep a note of it. You have to enter it when required.
- Once the connection is made, include the printer name to the list and start working on with your printer for HP Officejet 5742 wireless setup.
- To add the printer to the list, go to the control panel and search for your printer name. Click on Add printer and install the required software and driver when prompted by the installer.
- For Mac operating system, go to preference and click on Print and Scan. Once it is done, click on the + icon and choose your printer from the list. If the HP officejet 5742 printer setup is not discovered in the network, you have to retry to connect the printer to the network for HP Officejet 5742 wireless setup.
HP Officejet 5742 Troubleshooting – Not printing
- Here are the steps you can try out if the printer fails to operate or print. The instructions provide here are very simple and you need not have to take much effort to solve this kind of printer issue.
- First, check if the ink cartridges you have been using is an authentic one. Using the ink that is bought from an unauthentic dealer would end in print quality issue.
- Printer reset would help you retain the print quality to some extent. This lies in the case if the HP Officejet 5742 printer is showing a pseudo message.
- Check the paper compatibility of your printer before placing the paper. Check the documentation to know the suitable paper type for the corresponding print job.
- Check the print settings. If the print settings are customized inappropriate to the print job you assigned, the print quality issue occurs.
- If the ink smears if present on the printouts you have to get directed to the control panel to change the settings. After loading paper in the tray, go to control panel and click on HP Officejet 5742 Setup. There choose the Printer Maintenance option and click on Clean page smears. Once it is set, click on the Ok option.