Get the Complete Guide for HP Officejet 5744 Setup Printer
The HP Officejet 5744 all-in-one printer lets you Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax. This printer is designed for small and home office. Automatic duplex printing makes your print job faster and easier. The HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer has a Wired and Wireless network connection.
The HP OJ 5744 printer setup is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy without compromising the printer’s performance. Print your document wirelessly from your mobile without a Wi-Fi code or password. Mobile printing allows you to print your document from your mobile device at any time. The printer is compatible with Windows and Mac operating system. The printer’s mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, AirPrint, NFC touch to point, and Wireless Direct printing. You need not waste your time to trim your photographs, instead, you can use borderless printing to print your photos.
How to setup HP Officejet 5744 printer
- After removing the printer from the packing material, you have to peel off all the tapes and stickers from the printer.
- Open the HP OJ 5744 printer setup’s input tray, load papers inside the tray. Before placing the paper, check whether that the type and size of the papers are compatible with the printer.
- Link the power cord to the printer and then connect the other end of the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Take off a new ink cartridge from its packing material. Remove all the tapes from it. Before placing it, make sure that the cartridge is free from dust and debris.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. While inserting the cartridges, ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridges into their respective slot. Place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then position the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- After placing the cartridge into the slot, lock the cartridge access door. Download and install the latest printer driver and software.
- Find the Software Download option from this website and click on it. Once completing the download process, install it on your computer.
- Use the tips that are displayed on the screen to complete the installation successfully. Choose the required connection type during the installation process.
- Now, the HP Officejet 5744 printer is ready to print a document. Try printing a sample document using the HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer.
- If the document comes out well, you’re done. If not, contact our technical team.
Setting up the HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer is the most important process where all the printer users come across. Make use of the procedures that are given below for how to setup the HP Officejet 5744 printer for the first time.
HP Officejet 5744 Driver Installation
All users expect a user guide to easily setup and troubleshoot your printer. Go through the procedures that are listed below that helps you to download the driver and manual for the printer.
- You can install the driver on your computer using the installation CD. The CD you are using for the installation must be free from scratch.
- Open the computer’s disc drive. Insert the CD into it. Based on the on-screen instructions, run and execute the HP OJ 5744 printer setup file.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions, click Continue and then select the Next option.
- Complete the installation process successfully. Try to print a test document to check your HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer’s performance.
- If you find any issue with the installation, you can go for an alternative method.
- Search for the Software Download option from this website and select it to get the updated driver and software.
- For Mac OS, you have to download the .dmg file type and for Windows OS, download the .exe file type.
- Once downloading the setup file, you can start to install it on your computer where you have saved the files for printing.
- Based on the printer compatibility choose the connection type during the installation process.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to finish the installation process successfully.
- Attempt to print a sample document using the printer to test the printer’s performance.
- Make use of the manual that guides you to easily download and install the driver for your printer.
- Download the manual from our website by selecting the Manual Download option.
- Go through the tips and follow it so that you can easily setup and troubleshoot your HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer by yourself.
HP Officejet 5744 ink cartridge Replacement
If you find that the cartridge is empty or faulty, you need to replace it with a new one. It is suggested to use a genuine ink cartridge to print your documents. If you use an unauthenticated cartridge, initially, you might get a document with best quality but when the days go on, you might find an issue with the cartridge as well as the printer. Have a glance at the procedures that are given below for HP Officejet 5744 ink cartridge Replacement.
- Verify the estimated ink or toner levels for the printer to determine in case you have to replace any cartridges or not.
- On your device, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool by using the instructions that are listed on the screen on HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer.
- Open the tool, tap Start, choose your printer and then click on the Next option. Select Printer from the top menu bar.
- You can view the estimated ink or toner levels by clicking on the Supply Levels option.
- You can also use the HP smart app to verify the estimated ink level from your mobile or a Windows 10 computer.
- On your mobile or system, you need to download and install the app. Use the on-screen procedures to set up your HP OJ 5744 printer setup with the app.
- You will find the estimated ink or toner levels on the main home screen for HP Officejet 5744 ink cartridge Replacement.
- If you find any cartridge that is empty is faulty, replace it with a new one. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the empty or faulty cartridge from the printer. Take off a new cartridge from its packing material. Peel off all the tapes from the cartridge.
- Prior to inserting the cartridges, ensure that the cartridges are free from dust. Do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge it may lead to clogging and poor print quality.
- Re-insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot on HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer.
- Once inserting the cartridges, verify that the cartridges are seated properly. Lock the cartridge access door for HP Officejet 5744 ink cartridge Replacement.
- Try to print a sample document to check the quality of the document. If the document quality is as expected, you can go ahead with the print job.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 5744
To scan your document from your computer, initial step you have to do is, downloading and installing the driver and software. Check whether that the HP OJ 5744 printer setup and computer are connected to a network connection (Wired or Wireless). Make use of the procedures that are given below on How to Scan on HP Officejet 5744.
- Before placing the document on the scanner glass on HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer, ensure that it is free from dust and debris.
- Raise the scanner lid. Place the required document on the scanner glass and then lock the scanner lid.
- It is advisable not to load a photo in the Automatic Document Feeder to avoid damage to the photo and the printer.
- Find HP from Windows, choose the corresponding printer name from the results to access HP Printer Assistant.
- Select the Scan a Document or Photo to access HP Scan. Select a shortcut, based on the file type and resulting action you require.
- If required, modify any of the available settings from the right pane and then click on the Scan option on HP Officejet 5744 Setup Printer.
How to fix HP Officejet 5744 offline Error
A printer offline is the most common issue where most of the 123.hp.com/setup 5744 printer come across. The printer offline status indicates that the computer is unable to communicate with the printer. In some of the network conditions, the printer might go to an offline state unexpectedly. Use the guides that are listed below to resolve the printer offline issue.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix and rectify the connection issue of your HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer.
- In some of the cases, rebooting the printer might help you to restore a connection to the computer.
- If you use a wireless network to connect the device, ensure that the wireless signal is turned on in your printer.
- Use the same wireless network connection to connect the HP OJ 5744 printer setup and computer.
- Position all the network connected devices within the range of the wireless network to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- If you use a wired network connection, check whether that you have plugged the cables properly into the printer’s Ethernet port and the router’s port.
- Update the printer firmware regularly. In case the driver uses a wrong communication port, the printer remains offline.
- Uninstall the printer software and reinstall the updated driver and software for the printer.
- Try to print a sample document to verify your printer’s performance. If the HP Officejet 5744 Setup printer prints a document, you can continue with the print job.