Get the complete HP Officejet 6600 Setup Guide
HP OfficeJet 6600 setup printer provides quality prints and an excellent fast-draft mode. It supports downloadable print apps and an easy cartridge loading method. HP OfficeJet 6600 is a InkJet color printer that comes with a touch screen control panel. The recommended monthly volume is 200-800 pages with a maximum monthly duty cycle of 12000 impressions. It offers a maximum copying speed of 32 ppm and 30 ppm.
- Officejet 6600 has a maximum printing speed of 32 ppm (mono) and 30 ppm (color). It works on HP Thermal Inkjet technology.
- The document feeder can hold up to 65 sheets and a standard media capacity of 250 sheets. The output tray can hold upto 75 sheets.
- HP Officejet 6600 Printer setup offers USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi(n) connectivity. It is also compatible with AirPrint for Apple devices and with HP ePrint.
- HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer supports cards, glossy paper, greeting cards, matte paper, photo paper, plain paper, thick paper and tri-fold paper. It is a multifunction printer that can print, copy, scan and fax.
HP Officejet 6600 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet 6600 Wireless Setup Windows
- Collect your Network name and password. Ensure that the router, computer and printer are switched on.
- All three devices should be placed near each other. Detach any USB or Ethernet cables from the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer.
- Touch the Power button to power on the printer. Tap the right arrow to show the second navigation screen.
- Tap Setup, and then tap Network. Tap HP Officejet 6600 Wireless Setup Wizard, and then tap continue.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard looks for networks, and then lists them.
- If required, tap the down arrow to go through the network names until you spot yours.
- Tap the name of your network, and then tap OK.
- Tap refresh, if your network is not listed. The Wireless Setup Wizard looks for networks again and shows the results. Examine the list for your network.
- If asked, enter the WEP key or WPA key.
- Download and install the most up to date version of OfficeJet 6600 printer from our website. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Collect your Network name and Network password. Ensure that router, computer and the printer are switched on.
- All three devices should be placed near each other. Remove any USB or Ethernet cables from the HP Officejet 6600 printer setup.
- Tap Setup, and then tap Network. Tap Wireless Setup Wizard, and then tap Continue. The HP Officejet 6600 Wireless Setup Wizard searches for Networks and then lists them.
- If required, tap the down arrow to go through the network names until you find yours.
- Tap the name of your network, and then tap OK. If the list does not mention your network name, tap Refresh.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard looks for networks again, and then shows them in another list. Examine the list for your networks.
- If required, enter the WEP key or WPA key. You will find the WPA key or WEP key on the Network Diagnostic Utility. After entering the password, tap Done, and then OK to confirm.
- Download and install the full feature HP Officejet 6600 setup printer driver from our browser from our website. Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
How to download HP Officejet 6962 driver and manual
You can download the manual or user guide for OfficeJet 6600 from our website. The user guide consists of essential information to get you started with the printer’s functionality.
- Download and install the most up to date version of your HP OfficeJet 6600 setup printer full feature software from our website
- Select Download, and then select Save. Your file will download in .exe format.
- Once your download is complete, you will find the installer in the downloads bar of your browser or the downloads folder of your computer.
- Double-click the installer in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the driver installation.
- You can download the full feature printer driver and software for OfficeJet 6600 from our website.
- Choose Download, and the select Save. Your file will download in .dmg format.
- When the download is over, select the installer file in the browser downloads bar or in the downloads folder to launch the installer.
- In the installer window, double-click HP Inkjet SW. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation. When instructed, exit the installation software. The HP Utility software appears. In the HP Utility Setup window, choose HP OfficeJet 6600 setup printer, and then select Continue. Select Add Printer.
- The Add window appears. Choose OfficeJet 6600. Ensure that the printer has Bonjour mentioned under Kind. Select Use or Print Using menu, and then select OfficeJet 6600 in the drop down menu. Select Add to add the printer to the list. In the installer Add Printer window, select Continue. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the HP Officejet 6600 Printer setup, and then choose Done.
HP Officejet 6600 ink cartridge Replacement
Step 1: Touch the power button to switch on the printer. Put your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and drag it forward to open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the left side of the HP Officejet 6600 printer Setup.
Step 2: Once the carriage has come to rest and does not make noise, push in on the front of the ink cartridge to free it, and then draw it toward you to detach it from its slot.
Step 3: Unpack the new ink cartridge. Position the ink cartridge so that ink cartridge contact is pointing toward the printer.
Step 4: Place the new ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently force it forward until it sets into place.
Step 5: Repeat these steps to install multiple cartridges on HP Officejet 6600 setup printer, if required. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
HP OfficeJet 6600 Missing or Failed Printhead Error
A ‘Missing or Failed Printhead’ error message appears on the printer control panel or computer, indicating an ink system failure. Resetting the printer can resolve the issue.
Step 1: Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Do not proceed till the printer is inactive and quiet before you proceed.
Step 2: With the HP Officejet printer setup powered up, detach the power cord from the back of the HP Officejet 6600 setup printer. Detach the power cord from the wall outlet.
Step 3: After one minute, fix the power cord back into the wall outlet. Fix the power cord to the back of the printer.
Step 4: Switch on the printer, if does not power up by itself. The printer might initiate warm-up. During this time, the printer lights might blink, and the carriage might shift.
Step 5: Once the warm-up period finishes and your printer is inactive and quiet, attempt to print again. If the issue persists service the printer.
HP Officejet 6600 Troubleshooting – Ink System Failure
After you install one or more new ink cartridges, one of the following error messages appears on the printer control panel, and the printer fails to print: Cartridge Problem, Ink Cartridge Failure, and Incompatible Ink Cartridge.
- You must install ink cartridges during the HP Officejet 6600 printer setup, or an ink cartridge error appears. Unlike replacement ink cartridges, you cannot buy ink cartridges from retailers. Ink cartridges are provided only in the box with a new HP Printer.
- Switch on the HP Officejet 6600 Setup printer, if it is not already on. Do not proceed until the printer is inactive and quiet. With the printer switched on, detach the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Detach the power cord from the wall outlet. After one minute, fix the power cord back into the wall outlet. Fix the power cord to the back of the printer. Switch on the printer, if it does not automatically switch on.
- The printer might warm-up, the printer lights might blink, and the carriage might shift. After the warm-up, the printer will turn inactive and quiet. Attempt to print. If the problem persists, proceed to the next step.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check for an error message that can help resolve the printer error. Remove the ink cartridge out to the print head, and then examine the printer control panel or computer for an error message.
- Open the Ink Cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the left side of the access area. Proceed after the carriage is inactive and quiet. Press in on the front of the ink cartridge to free it, and then draw the ink cartridge toward you to detach it.
- Repeat these steps for the rest of the ink cartridges. Shut the Ink Cartridge access door. Examine the control panel. If the printer shows an Ink System Failure message, update the printer firmware.
- If the message has changed to replace the cartridges, try cleaning the print head. Collect a clean lint free cloth, dry cotton swab and distilled or bottled water. Slightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with the bottle or distilled water.
- Tenderly wipe the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridges. Next, clean the contact dry, with a lint-free cloth. Repeat these step with the rest of the cartridges. Reinsert the cartridges into their slot.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door. Examine the control, if the message is to replace a particular cartridge then remove it and clean the contact again. Reinsert the cartridge after cleaning on HP Officejet 6600 Setup Printer.