Get the Proficient HP Officejet 6958 Setup Guidance
The HP Officejet 6958 setup is built for business produces fast professional quality prints in quick time. Officejet 6958 supports Duplex printing and is capable of printing around 20,000 per month. Officejet 6958 is also ideal for home office or small workgroups that need professional-quality prints, easy mobile printing, affordable color, and fast functionality. This is a dynamic security enabled printer supports the operating system like Mac and Windows.
HP Officejet 6958 memory capacity is 1GB. Officejet 6958 is designed with two paper trays. The output tray capacity is 60 sheet. You can easily print from your mobile. Officejet 6958 prints at a speed of up to 18 Page per Minute for black it supports wireless printer connectivity and it performs multiple functions like print, scan, copy, and fax. With automatic two-sided printing, you can save time and paper. HP Officejet 6958 Printer setup can scan at a speed of up to 8 ppm for B/W. It is designed with Flatbed; Document Fed.
HOW TO SETUP HP OFFICEJET 6958 PRINTER
How to setup the HP Officejet 6958 printer, first, you must unpack the printer. Then you have to set the control panel preference, load paper into the input tray and then install the ink cartridges by following the instructions given below.
- Take the HP Officejet 6958 Setup printer out of the cardboard box and then remove the packing materials, tapes and the stickers stuck on the printer's outside. Now, lift the scanner lid and then take-off the packing material from it and close the scanner lid.
- Pull the input tray towards you to open it, by lifting up the output tray, and then remove the packing material from it. Now, push the input tray and lower the output tray and then recycle the packing materials removed from the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the HP Officejet 6958 printer setup and the electrical outlet, and turn on the printer. Now you should set the control panel preference, so select your preferred language and country/region, and select the date and time. Then press "Yes" to confirm your choice.
- Now, you need to install the ink cartridges that shipped with your printer. Raise the ink cartridge access door and wait till the carriage is idle. Then remove the new ink cartridge from its package and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Now, twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to snap it off the ink cartridge, by holding the ink cartridge by its sides. Then slide the ink cartridge into its slot. Repeat the same process to install the other cartridge and close the cartridge access door.
- After installing the ink cartridges, you have to load the plain paper into the paper tray. So, lift up the output tray and pull the input tray to open it and then slide the paper width guide to its outermost position.
- Then, insert the paper into the tray and slide in paper width guides and push the input tray and then lower the output tray. Finally, you should align the ink cartridges for good quality printing and then download and install the software and driver on HP Officejet 6958 Setup Printer.
HOW TO PRINT, SCAN, COPY, AND FAX
HOW TO PRINT
To print a document from your Windows computer and to change any related print job settings, follow the instructions for HP Officejet 6958 Setup Printer.
Step 1: Open the document and edit it to adjust text size and font, to change any other appearance settings, and to choose layout options.
Step 2: In the app, you created the document in, click the “File” option and click the “Print” option to open general print settings.
Step 3: Select “Printer Properties”, “Properties”, or “Preferences”, to access more quality, layout, and advanced print settings and the “Printing Preferences” window opens.
Step 4: You can change the layout and paper settings for your print job. Also, change the quality and color settings for best printing results.
Step 5: After making all the required changes, click the “Ok” option and then click the “Print” option. The document gets printed.
HOW TO SCAN
To scan the documents or the photos into the computer, you have to do as per the steps that are given below.
Step 1: To scan from your computer, you must install the full feature software and driver. You can install it from our website also.
Step 2: Now, place the document or the photo that you need to scan on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot.
Step 3: Do not load or place the photos in the ADF, as it may cause or damage the photos and the printer.
Step 4: Search Windows for HP and on the results page, you should select your printer model name to open HP Printer Assistant.
Step 5: Then select “Scan a Document or Photo” to open “HP Scan”. Make the changes and finally, click the “Scan” option.
HOW TO COPY
Follow the step by step instructions as given below accordingly to copy the documents or the photos using the black or color ink from your printer.
Step 1: Press the power button and turn on the HP Officejet 6958 Setup printer and then take the document or photo that needs to be copied.
Step 2: Now, place the document or the photo that has to be copied on the scanner glass or the ADF.
Step 3: If you are placing the document on the scanner glass , then load it with the print side down and close the lid of HP Officejet 6958 Printer Setup.
Step 4: If you are placing the document on ADF, then load it with print side up. On the printer control panel, touch “Copy”.
Step 5: Select the number of copies, touch “Settings” and make the changes. Touch “Back”. Tap “Start Black” or “Start Color” to copy.
HOW TO FAX
To send a fax from the computer, do as per the stepwise instructions are given below accordingly.
Step 1: Open the document that you must fax and click “Print” from the “File” menu in your software application.
Step 2: Select the printer that has “fax” in the name from the “Name” list. You can also change settings.
Step 3: Open the “Properties” dialog box. This button might also be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences.
Step 4: Click “OK” after you have changed any settings. Tap “Print” or “OK”. Enter the fax number for the recipient.
Step 5: Change any settings for the fax and then click “Send Fax”. The HP Officejet 6958 Setup printer begins faxing and sends the fax.
HP OFFICEJET 6958 INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT
When the ink cartridges are empty or go low, you need to replace or change the ink cartridges for your printer by doing the instructions that are given below accordingly. Always use genuine ink cartridges for your HP Officejet 6958 setup printer.
- Step 1: For HP Officejet 6958 ink cartridge replacement, you need to open the ink cartridge access door and after that, the carriage moves to the ink cartridge access area. Also, remember that the ink cartridge access door does not open if the scanner lid is kept open.
- Step 2: Wait for some time until the HP Officejet 6958 printer setup remains silent and idle. Once it becomes silent, press the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to release it. Then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Step 3: Now, you have to remove the new ink cartridge from its package slowly. Then you have to pull the orange pull-tab straight back. Also, make sure that you completely remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap, before you remove the orange cap.
- Step 4: Otherwise, it may result in the ink leakage from the ink cartridges. Also, when you try to remove the plastic wrap, the paper label tears slightly on the top of the ink cartridge, which is required to properly vent the ink cartridge.
- Step 5: Now, take the ink cartridges and hold it on its both sides, and then twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise. If you touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored contacts, it may result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections, so don’t touch it during HP Officejet 6958 ink cartridge replacement.
- Step 6: Now, you should gently bend the tab away from the ink cartridge. Do not bend the tab more than 1.27 cm (0.5 in). Also, the ink cartridge might get damaged or the tab could break-off if the tab is moved too far.
- Step 7: Now, you should turn the ink cartridges, so that the ink cartridge contacts face downward and also it should match the label color with the color dot on the carriage. Then, insert or load the ink cartridge into its place.
- Step 8: After inserting the ink cartridge, slightly press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into its place. If you need to replace the other ink cartridge also then follow the same steps as you did for the first one and replace it.
- Step 9: After finished replacing or changing the ink cartridges to your HP Officejet 6958 setup printer, you can close the ink cartridge access door after HP Officejet 6958 ink cartridge replacement. Now, you can try to print the documents or photos as you require and can perform all the tasks.
HP OFFICEJET 6958 TROUBLESHOOTING – PRINTHEAD PROBLEM, INK SYSTEM FAILURE, ‘Ox…’ ERROR DISPLAYS
When a Printhead, Printer Failure, or Ink System Failure error message appears on the computer or printer control panel, follow these instructions to clear the error.
Step 1: Even if the genuine ink cartridges are not used in the HP Officejet 6958 printer setup may also cause this error to occur. So always use the genuine ink cartridges to prevent the Printhead, Printer Failure, or Ink System Failure error.
Step 2: Also resetting the printer can clear the error. Turn on the printer and wait till the printer remains silent. Now, with the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from printer and wall outlet. Wait for 60 seconds and connect it back.
Step 3: After resetting, check if the issue is solved. If not, remove the ink cartridges from the slot and then check if the error message is cleared. If error displays, then you should reinsert the ink cartridges and then update the firmware.
Step 4: If the error message disappears, then you have to clean the ink cartridge vents and the contacts. Then reinstall one by one, so that it can help to determine if a specific ink cartridge is causing the error message.
Step 5: If the error message is still there, then try to update the firmware. The error might also cause even if the firmware is outdated. If none of the solutions cleared the error, then try to service the HP Officejet 6958 setup printer.