Best HP Officejet 8702 Setup Printer Solutions
If you are looking to get an inkjet printer whose efficiency parallels laser printers, the best choice for you to get would be HP Officejet 8702 setup printer. This printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology to print high-quality documents and photos. The maximum duty cycle of this printer is 30000 pages per month.
The HP Officejet 8702 is a multi-functional printer that allows you to print, copy and scan documents. This printer is one of the efficient Officejet printers. The HP Officejet 8702 printer setup can print up to 22 pages per minute for black documents and 18 pages per minute for color documents. Print your documents and photos in a jiffy. This print resolution of this printer is as high as 1200 X 1200 DPI for black documents and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents. This printer also supports automatic duplexing. This printer uses four ink cartridges – a black ink cartridge, a cyan ink cartridge, a magenta ink cartridge, and a yellow ink cartridge to print the documents and photos. HP Officejet 8702 printer supports wired and wireless connectivity. It is compatible with various mobile printing solutions such as HP ePrint, AirPrint, etc.
How To Setup HP Officejet 8702 Printer
- Carefully remove the contents of the printer box. The contents include printer body, printer parts, ink cartridges, user manual, installer CD, power cord, etc.
- Take the contents from the box and place it on a flat surface. Make sure that you handle the printer body and the printer parts with utmost care and caution and follow How To Setup HP Officejet 8702 Printer.
- Begin removing the packing materials and packing tapes on the printer. Check the sides and bottom of the HP Officejet 8702 Setup printer. If you find any packing tapes, remove it.
- Open the ink cartridge access door of the printer. Check the carriage slot and check for the packing materials and tapes inside the printer. Carefully remove them. while following How To Setup HP Officejet 8702 Printer
- Open the scanner lid of the printer. You will find packing tapes on the scanner glass. Carefully peel it off. Close the scanner lid and remove the packing materials from the control panel.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the HP Officejet 8702 printer setup and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Ensure that you don’t connect it to a power surge or electrical surge.
- Switch on the HP Officejet 8702 Setup printer and wait for it to complete the warm-up process and settle down. Set the preferences such as the language, country or region, date, etc.
- Extend the paper tray. Slide the paper width guides away. Load a stack of paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
- Take the ink cartridges out from the package and pull the orange tab to remove the packing materials on it. Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to settle.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the slot and push until it fits. Repeat the same steps to install more ink cartridges. Close the ink cartridge door. Install the printer driver on your computer by following How To Setup HP Officejet 8702 Printer.
HP Officejet 8702 Driver and Manual Download
STEP 1: If you wish to connect your HP Officejet 8702 setup printer to your computer or to your network and access its features from the computer, you need to install the printer driver on your computer.
STEP 2: If you don’t install the printer driver on your computer and establish a connection between the printer and computer using a cable, your computer won’t recognize the printer.
STEP 3: If you wish to use the installer CD to install the printer driver, insert the CD into the computer. Follow the prompted instructions to finish the setup process.
STEP 4: The only disadvantage of using the installer CD to install the HP Officejet 8702 printer setup driver is that this CD might not be compatible with your computer or updated.
STEP 5: You can also download the printer driver and install it. Type in the URL of our website in the address bar of your computer’s browser. Press the Enter key.
STEP 6: Wait for the page to complete loading. Search for the Driver Download section on our page. Key in the model number of your printer in the provided space.
STEP 7: On the next page, you will be prompted to select the Operating System version of your computer. Choose the one OS version of your computer from the list.
STEP 8: Ensure that you choose the correct version of OS. If not, you will be downloading the wrong driver version and you might not be able to install it.
STEP 9: Choose the Full Feature Driver and download it. If your computer is not compatible with the Full Feature Driver, download the Basic Driver.
STEP 10: Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your computer. Choose the connection type and connect your HP Officejet 8702 setup printer to your computer.
STEP 11: You can download the user manual from our website by entering the model number of your printer under the Manual Download section and clicking on the Ok button.
HP Officejet 8702 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Check the estimated level of ink in your HP Officejet 8702 printer setup on a regular basis. If the ink level runs low, replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
- Make sure that you always use the genuine HP ink cartridge. If you use a non-HP ink cartridge, it will affect the quality of the print and the hardware for HP Officejet 8702 ink cartridge replacement.
- Switch on your printer if it is turned off. Press the power button on the printer. Wait for the HP Officejet 8702 setup printer to complete the warm-up process and settle down.
- Clutch the handles of the printer on either side and open the ink cartridge access door. The ink carriage will move to the center. Wait for it to be silent and idle.
- Slightly press the top of the ink cartridge to loosen it. Pull the ink cartridge out from the slot. Take the new ink cartridge from the packing for HP Officejet 8702 ink cartridge replacement.
- Remove the packing materials on the new ink cartridge. Pull the small orange tab on the ink cartridge to remove all the packing materials and packing tapes on it.
- Ensure that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Touch it only on its sides. If you touch the copper-colored contacts, it will lead to ink clogs.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle. With the nozzle of the ink cartridge facing the printer, slowly insert the ink cartridges into the correct slot for HP Officejet 8702 ink cartridge replacement.
- Do not misplace the ink cartridges. The black ink cartridge goes into the slot on the right and the tri-color ink cartridges into their respective slots on left.
- Push the ink cartridge in until it fits into position. Repeat the steps to install more ink cartridges. The HP Officejet 8702 setup printer will automatically align the ink cartridges.
HP Officejet 8702 TROUBLESHOOTING
HP Officejet 8702 Printhead Problem Error
- If you wish to avoid the Printhead Problem error on your HP Officejet 8702 printer setup, you always need to use the genuine or authentic HP ink cartridge and ink.
- Reset the printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer’s rear while the printer is running. Wait a minute and connect it back. Switch on the HP Officejet 8702 setup printer.
- If the issue persists, open the ink cartridge access door. Disconnect the power cord. Clasp the printhead on either side and carefully remove it from its slot to fix HP Officejet 8702 troubleshooting.
- Re-seat the printhead after a minute. Insert the printhead into the slot slowly. Gently rock the printhead sideways.Push the printhead until it sits into its position.
- After making sure that the printhead is fixed securely, you need to lower the carriage latch. Ensure that it’s locked down. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Connect the power cord of the printer and switch it on. Wait until the warm-up period finishes. If the issue persists, repeat the above-given steps thrice.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to settle down. Remove the ink cartridges from the slot. Try cleaning the contacts of the ink cartridge.
- If the issue persists, try updating the printer firmware. Replace the old printhead with a new one.
HP Officejet 8702 Paper Jam Error
- If your HP Officejet 8702 printer is displaying the Paper Jam error message, you need to clear the jammed paper from the printer. If not, you cannot continue printing.
- Switch off your printer and disconnect all the wires and cables from the printer. Pull out the input tray of the printer. Carefully remove the jammed paper from the input tray.
- Make sure that you don’t leave any bits or pieces of paper inside the printer. Use a torchlight to see if there are any torn pieces of paper inside the printer to fix HP Officejet 8702 Paper Jam Error.
- Close the input paper tray and open the ink cartridge access door of the printer. Check the ink carriage path for the jammed paper and remove it carefully during HP Officejet 3830 troubleshooting.
- Turn the HP Officejet 8702 printer upside down. Use the torchlight to check if there is any paper jammed on the rear of the printer. If you find any, remove it.
- Check if the ink carriage moves freely. Open the ink cartridge access door. Try moving the ink carriage to the left and right.
- Take a lint-free cloth and wet it with distilled water. Clean the paper pick rollers of the printer using this cloth. Let it dry for a while and close the paper path door.
- If none of the above works, you might have to resort to servicing your HP Officejet 8702 setup printer. Reach out to the experts to fix your printer.
HP Officejet 8702 Black Or Color Ink Not Printing
STEP 1: If your HP Officejet 8702 printer setup is not printing black or color ink, check if you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. If not, you will have print quality issues.
STEP 2: Check the estimated level of ink in your HP Officejet 8702 printer by tapping on the ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel. Ink level will display on the screen to fix HP Officejet 3830 troubleshooting.
STEP 3: If the ink level of any ink cartridge is low or if the ink cartridge exhaust, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
STEP 4: Tap on the Setup icon in the printer’s control panel. Navigate to the Printer Maintenance option and press the Clean Printhead option. Tap on the Continue button.
STEP 5: The printer will print a test page. Examine the test page. If the result is not desirable, clean the printhead again and check if that has resolved the issue.
STEP 6: If not, it could mean that you are having a faulty printhead. Order a new printhead and replace the old printhead with the new printhead.
STEP 7: If none of the above works, you might have to service your HP Officejet 8702 setup printer.