123.HP.COM OJP8746 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Officejet Pro 8746 is a multifunctional printer. It has the capability to Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax a document or photo.
The printer provides an excellent lab quality photo and sharp text.
With the Automatic duplex printing, speed through your print job and save the paper.
Print your document from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. You can even print without a network using Wireless Direct Printing.
Easily print your document from an iPhone with the AirPrint app and use the HP ePrint app to print the document from your Android device.
The HP Officejet Pro 8746 is an Energy Star Certified printer. Print a document with less energy without compromising its performance.
The printer’s print speed for black is up to 24 ppm (Pages Per Minute) and for color is up to 20 ppm.
The HP Officejet Pro 8746 printer works with both Window and Mac operating system.
Paper handling capacity: Input tray can handle up to 250 sheets and the output tray capacity is up to 150 sheets.
You need not waste your time to trim your photo. Instead, use the borderless printing feature.
How to install
- Once you receive a new printer from the shipment, unpack the printer and its accessories from the packing material.
- Remove all tape and stickers from the printer and then peel off the film from the control panel of the printer.
- Link the printer into an electrical outlet. Power on the HP Officejet Pro 8746 printer and according to the requirement set the preferences.
- Place plain white paper inside the input tray of the printer. Make sure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- Before loading the paper inside the tray, ensure that the papers are aligned.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Take off a cartridge from its packing material and remove all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and then place the color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Ensure that the letter on the cartridges matches with the letter on the slot.
- Reiterate the steps to insert the other ink cartridges. Lock the cartridge access door.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8746 printer aligns the printhead and then an alignment page prints automatically.
- Download and install the full feature driver and software for the printer.
- For Windows OS, download the .exe setup file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- After completing the download process, install it on the system where you have saved the documents for printing.
- Check the printer compatibility. Based on it, choose the preferred connection type during the installation process.
- Use the guides that are displayed on the screen to complete the installation process successfully.
- Try printing a document using the printer to check the printer performance.
- If the printer prints well, you’re done. You can continue with the print job.
- If not, consult our technical support team on the toll-free number to resolve the issue.
Ink cartridge replacement
Step 1: An ink cartridge is the most important for the printer to print a document or photo.
Step 2: An ink cartridge estimation is required to find the ink level of the printer’s cartridge.
Step 3: Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to estimate the ink level of your cartridge.
Step 4: Download and install the tool on your device. Tap Start, choose your printer from the list and then select the Next option.
Step 5: From the top menu bar, click Printer. Choose Supply Levels to view the estimated ink level of your printer’s cartridge.
Step 6: You can also use the HP Smart app to estimate the ink or toner levels from your mobile, tablet or a Windows computer.
Step 7: Download the app from app store and install it on your mobile device. Use the on-screen tips to configure your printer with the app.
Step 8: You can view the estimated ink or toner levels on the main home screen.
Step 9: During the estimation process, if you find that the cartridge is empty or faulty, you have to replace it with a new one.
Step 10: To avoid printing delays always have an additional cartridge with you so that you can replace the cartridge quickly.
Step 11: Open the ink cartridge access door. Remove the empty or faulty cartridge from the slot.
Step 12: Take off a new cartridge from its packing material. Unwrap all the tapes and stickers from it.
Step 13: The ink cartridge that you are going to use for printing must be free from dust. If not, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
Step 14: Do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge. Touching this might lead to ink failure, clogging, and bad electrical contacts.
Step 15: Place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and then insert the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot.
Step 16: After placing the cartridges, ensure that the cartridges are placed properly and then lock the cartridge access door.
Step 17: It’s time to check the quality of the document. Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
Step 18: If the printer prints a document with an expected quality, you’re done. You can continue with the print job.
Step 19: If the document is not as expected, reiterate the steps that are given above.
Step 20: If you still find an issue, contact our technical support team on the toll-free number to resolve the issue easily. Get your printer ready and start printing your documents.
- A driver is an essential for all the devices to operate well so obviously, it is impossible to print a document without the driver.
- Download and install the updated driver and software on your computer so that you can avail a printer with full functionality.
- Based on the operating system, the driver gets varied. Prior to installing the driver on your system, ensure that it is suitable for the operating system that is running on your computer.
- Use the installation CD that came with your printer accessories to install the driver. The CD you are going to use for the installation must be free from scratch and dust.
- Open the computer’s disc drive. Insert the CD into it. Use the on-screen instructions to run and execute the setup file.
- During the installation process, you are prompted to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Click Continue–> Next–> Ok.
- After completing the installation, try to print a sample document using the printer.
- If you find any issue, you can move to the next step to install the printer driver.
- Just make a call at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website. Our technical team will download and install the driver via a remote access.
- Install the updated driver and enjoy printing your document or photo with the HP Officejet Pro 8746 printer.
Wireless printer setup
- Print your document or photo from any place, at any time with the wireless network connection.
- Nowadays, a wireless network is preferable than a Wired network connection.
- To connect the printer and computer wirelessly, you have to gather the desired wireless network name and password.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8746 printer, computer, and the wireless router.
- Place the printer and computer at a minimum distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- Ensure that you are using the same wireless network connection to connect the printer and computer.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. From the printer’s control panel home screen, access the Dashboard and then click on the Wireless icon.
- Choose the Setup icon. Select Wireless Settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the name of the network from the list of networks and then click Ok.
- In case you couldn’t find your network name, click Enter New Network Name and the use the on-screen procedures to index your network name.
- If urged, enter the WEP or WPA key and then click on the Done option.
- After establishing the connection, download and install an appropriate printer driver and software.
- You need to download the .exe file type for Windows operating system and download the .dmg file type for Mac operating system.
- After downloading the driver, install it on your system where you have saved the documents for printing.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process successfully.
- During the installation process, you are prompted to choose the connection type. Select Wireless as the connection type.
- If you have any queries regarding the wireless setup, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number.
In certain cases, you might come across an issue with the printer. Make use of the guides that are given below to easily resolve your printer issue and make your printer ready to print the desired document or photo.
- Whatever the issue might be. First, try to restart the printer and computer and try print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
- Use a genuine ink cartridge to print a document or photo so that you can avoid the cartridge issue and poor quality issue.
- Before placing the paper inside the tray, ensure that the size and type of the paper is compatible with the printer.
- Do not overfill the paper inside the input tray. Use clean white paper to print a document.
- Periodically clean the printer rollers and printhead of your printer to avoid print issues.
- Update the printer firmware and the driver and software of the printer regularly.
- Always use the clean and compatible ink cartridges to print the document or photo.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are linked to a network connection (Wired or Wireless).
- To get more troubleshooting tips, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.