123.HP.COM OJPRO8747 PRINTER SETUP
- Equip your office or small business setup with the HP Officejet 8747 printer. This printer’s efficiency mirrors many laser printer and it is the best you can get.
- The HP Officejet 8747 printer uses four ink cartridges – a black ink cartridge, a magenta ink cartridge, a cyan ink cartridge and a yellow ink cartridge that helps you print in color.
- This printer uses the fine HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology to print the documents and photos. The clarity of the printed documents and photos are crystal clear.
- The print speed of the HP Officejet 8747 printer is as high as 35 pages per minute for black documents and 34 pages per minute for color documents.
- This printer does not compromise on quality. The print resolution is up to 1200 X 1200 DPI for black documents and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents.
- This printer can handle various media types such as envelopes, plain paper, photo paper, labels, etc. It is compatible with various sizes such as A4, A5, B5, etc.
- This is a multi-function printer that allows you to copy, print and scan using a single device. This all-in-one printer saves your time and increases the efficiency.
HP Officejet 8747 How To Install
- Open the printer box and carefully remove the contents of the box. The contents of the box include a printer, printer parts, ink cartridges, power cord, user manual, etc.
- After discarding the printer box, you need to remove the packing materials and packing tapes from the printer. Check the sides and bottom of the HP Officejet 8747 printer.
- Extend the paper tray and remove all the packing materials on it. Move the paper width guides and peel off the packing tapes on it. Close the paper tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access door of the printer. Check the printer’s interior for packing materials and tapes. If you find any, remove it from the printer’s interior.
- Open the scanner lid of the printer and carefully peel off the packing tapes on the scanner glass. Remove the packing materials from the printer’s control panel.
- Connect one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end of the power cord to the printer’s rear. Press the power button to switch it on.
- Wait for the printer to complete the warm-up process and settle down. You need to set your preferences such as the language, date, region, etc on the printer’s control panel.
- Extend the paper tray and slide the paper width guides away to its extent. Load a stack of paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Take the new ink cartridge and remove the packing materials on it. Insert the ink cartridge into the slot.
- Close the access door of the printer. Repeat the same step if you wish to install more ink cartridges. The printer will begin aligning the ink cartridge and print the alignment page.
HP Officejet 8747 Ink Cartridge Replacement
STEP 1: If your HP Officejet 8747 printer displays a low ink level message or blinks the error light, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
STEP 2: Make sure that you check the estimated level of ink in your printer on a regular basis. By doing so, you can order the new ink cartridge in well advance.
STEP 3: Always use the genuine or authentic HP ink cartridge. If you use the non-HP ink cartridge, it will lead to print, print quality and sometimes hardware issues.
STEP 4: Do not refill the ink cartridges. If you use non-authentic ink to refill the ink cartridge, you will have print quality issues. Also, it will damage the printhead of your printer.
STEP 5: If you have switched off your printer, turn it on by pressing the power button. The printer will undergo a preparation process. Wait for the printer to complete it.
STEP 6: Grasp the handles of the printer on either side and raise the ink cartridge access door. The ink carriage will move to the center. Wait for it to settle down and stay idle.
STEP 7: Slightly press down on the ink cartridge to loosen it. Pull the ink cartridge out from the slot. Keep the ink cartridge aside and carefully discard it later.
STEP 8: Take the new ink cartridge out from the package. Remove the packing materials and tapes on it. Pull the orange tab to remove the packing tapes on the cartridge.
STEP 9: Make sure that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts. Touching the contacts will lead to ink clogs.
STEP 10: Hold the cartridge at a slightly upward angle. Insert the ink cartridge into the slot with its nozzle facing the printer. Push until the ink cartridge fits into its position.
STEP 11: Insert the ink cartridge into its correct slot. The black ink cartridge goes into the slot on the right and the tri-color ink cartridges go into their respective slots on the left.
STEP 12: Repeat the same steps to install more ink cartridges. Make sure that the cartridges are sealed properly and installed securely. Close the ink cartridge access door.
STEP 13: The printer will begin aligning the ink cartridges. You cannot print a document or photo without aligning the ink cartridges. The printer will print the alignment page.
STEP 14: Try printing a sample document to see if the printer works. Regularly check the estimated level of ink in your printer. Call the toll-free number for further assistance.
HP Officejet 8747 Driver Download
- If you wish to connect your HP Officejet 8747 printer to a computer or to a network and access its features, you need to install the printer driver on the computer.
- If you don’t install the printer driver on the computer, the computer will recognize the printer after connecting it. You will not be able to access the features of the printer.
- There are two ways to install the printer driver and software on your computer. One is to download the driver and the other one is to use the installer CD.
- You can use the installer CD to install the printer driver. The only disadvantage of using the installer CD to install is that this CD might not be updated.
- It is recommended to download the driver. Enter our website and search for the Driver Download section. Type in the model number of your printer and press Begin.
- Select the OS version of your computer. From the list of drivers, choose the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, select the Basic Driver.
- Wait for the file to download. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your computer. Select the connection type and connect your devices.
HP Officejet 8747 Wireless Setup
- If you wish to set up your HP Officejet 8747 printer wirelessly, you need to start off by collecting information like the name and password of your wireless network.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to a power surge or electrical surge.
- Press the power button on your printer to switch it on. Wait for the printer to complete the warm-up process. Disconnect all the USB and LAN cables from the printer.
- Turn on the router and wait for the network to stabilize. Switch on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network to which you will connect your printer.
- If you have already connected your printer to your computer using a USB cable or a LAN cable, you need to remove the printer device from your computer.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the Devices and Printers window. Select your printer device and tap on the Remove option to remove it from your computer.
- If you are using a Mac, open the Print And Scan window. Select your printer from the list of available device. Tap on the Minus icon to remove the device from the system.
- On your printer’s control panel, you will find a small Wireless icon. Tap on it. Scroll down and navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option. Press it and select your network.
- If you don’t find your network, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Enter the details of your wireless network. Key in the password of the network if prompted.
- Download the latest printer driver on your computer and follow the prompted commands to install it. Select Wireless as the connection type and connect your printer to your computer
HP Officejet 8747 Troubleshooting
Just like any other electronic device, HP Officejet 8747 printer is bound to wear out after a certain period. Fixing the printer and printer might cost you a fortune. You need not worry. Follow the simple troubleshooting steps given below to troubleshoot the common printer problems :
- Restarting the printer device fixes most of the printer issues. Switch off the printer and disconnect the power cord. Connect it after a minute and turn on the printer.
- Always use genuine or authentic ink cartridges and products. If you use non-HP ink cartridge, you will have print quality and printhead issues on your printer.
- If you are having a paper jam issues, open the printer’s paper path and access door. Check for bits or pieces of paper and remove it carefully without leaving a torn piece.
- Make sure that the connection between your printer and computer is secure. Disconnect the cable and connect it back. Restart the router and wait for the network to stabilize.
- Regularly update the printer driver and firmware. Updating the firmware fixes many of the printer issues. Also, it enables new features of the HP Officejet 8747 printer.
- If none of the above works, you can resort to servicing your HP Officejet 8747 printer. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.