Canon Printer Troubleshooting
We have combined the best of tried and true troubleshooting techniques and printer fixes in the Canon Printer Troubleshooting guide below. Find ways to resolve your printer issues here.
Canon Pixma Driver & Manual Download For Windows
- Connect your cannon printer to your Windows PC by two methods ; wired Ethernet setup or through the wireless setup.
- Canon printer works with all windows versions like 7, 8 and 10 with the help of built-in Printer solution in the windows operating system itself.
- Initially, to connect your canon printer to Windows wirelessly makes sure the printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network of your choice.
- USB setup includes driver installation, by using the printer driver installation disk.
Canon Pixma Driver & Manual Download For Mac
- Connect your cannon printer to Mac wirelessly, with the help of canon print service.
- First, connect your canon printer and Apple device to the same wireless network of your choice using Wi-Fi.
- Update your printer to the latest printer firmware. Configure canon print service on your Mac.
- Share and Print seamlessly by launching the Canon Print Business app.
Canon Printer Issues
- Canon printer ink problems
- Canon printer errors
- Canon printer ink error
- Canon printer alignment
- Canon printer in error state
- Canon Pixma paper jam
- Install canon printer driver
- Install canon printer cartridge
Common Issues in Canon Printers & Their Fixes
- Make sure the printer is ON, and the ink and paper cassettes are properly installed.
- Make sure the paper used is taut.
- Check if any of the cassettes are to be refilled.
- Make sure SELPHY is connected to only one device- either a memory card or a computer or a digital camera.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting - Cannot print from the computer
- Make sure the software is properly installed.
- Unplug the USB cable if it is connected.
- When printing via a USB cable, check if the connection chosen while setting up is USB or Wireless LAN. Disable the wireless LAN.
- In Windows, right click on the printer icon and make sure it is not set to Offline.
- In Mac, make sure the printer is registered on the Printer List.
Cannot Print/ display images from memory card or USB
- Make sure the memory card or USB is properly inserted.
- Make sure the image type you are trying to print, is supported by the machine.
- Check if your memory card requires an adapter.
Paper does not feed properly
- Make sure the paper cassette is properly installed.
- The number of papers loaded should not exceed the paper load specified for the printer model.
- Make sure to use the recommended paper.
Cannot print from a digital camera
- Make sure your digital camera supports PictBridge.
- Make sure the printer and the camera are connected properly.
- Make sure the camera batteries are full.
Frequent Paper Jams
If the paper is stuck on the ejection slot, switch ON and OFF the printer until the paper is ejected automatically. Do not try to remove the paper manually.
The fixes given above for Canon Printer Troubleshooting have proven to be handy and useful for many printer users.