Complete Guidelines for HP Deskjet 2620 Setup
The DJ2620 is an All-in-One multi-function printer that suits home users or small offices. With HP Deskjet 2620 wireless connectivity, perform printing operations from any HP Deskjet 2620 Setup compatible wireless devices.
First Time DJ2620 Printer Setup
If the user is unboxing the HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup for the first time, then it is recommended to read the whole manual carefully before setting up.
Step 1: Printer Unpacking
The package unboxing must be done on a flat and spacious surface so that the components can be identified easily for the setup.
Take all the elements out from the box and remove the sealed tapes. Remove the tapes which are present inside the cartridge access area and on the scanner glass.
Step 2: verify contents of the shipment
The package will contain a USB connector, two ink cartridges, power cord, user manual, and a driver installation CD. Unwrap the dj2620 ink cartridges.
Step 3: Paper Tray is loaded
Extend the paper tray and load paper in it. Glide the paper width guides against the paper until they rest on them.
Step 4: Power cord connection
Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup and the other end to the power outlet.
Step 5: Cartridge installation
A protective tape is present under the nozzles of the ink cartridge. Remove the cartridge and lift the access door to and load them.
Step 6: Driver software Installation
Software installation can be done through the CD that is provided with the package. Insert the CD and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the instructions.
HP DJ2620 Driver Installation
The dj2620 drivers and software are provided in the CD that is provided with the package while purchasing. Drivers play a significant part in establishing a connection between the printer and the other compatible devices. With the help of the USB cable, the HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup driver installation can be done from the computer.
Run the Setup file from the website
- Our website provides the necessary driver’s software to be installed on your computer depending upon the OS.
- Press the HP Deskjet 2620 setup Driver Download button with a download icon on it to start the process. The download process will start on pressing.
- Go to the Downloads folder in the hard drive and double click on the installation file. The installation setup will open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Run the Setup file from the disc
- Insert the software installation CD which is provided with the package.
- The dj2620 installation process should start automatically after inserting.
- If the installation window doesn’t appear, open the CD/DVD drive on your computer and double click on the installation file to start the process.
- Follow the instructions displayed and set your preferences to complete the installation setup.
HP Deskjet 2620 Manual Download Steps
- The user can manually download the dj2620 drivers for his\her OS from our website. Click on the Download button and save the file.
- Before the installation, make sure to disconnect the connection of the USB cable from the PC to the printer.
- Go to the Downloads folder on your drive and double click on the driver’s file to run the installation setup.
- Connect the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer to the computer to start printing. Sometimes the printer may not respond to the user’s commands or may malfunction if the drivers are not updated properly.
- Therefore it is mandatory to update the drivers regularly.
HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup
The USB connector plays a major role in the setting up of the HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup with the computer. The USB has to be connected to the computer and the printer to complete the setup.
HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup Windows
Step 1: Prepare the printer
Check the cable before inserting into the system. If the cable is broken or damaged, change the cable immediately since the printer may malfunction. It is easy to distinguish between the printer and the computer connector.
Before connecting, make sure that the printer device is ON. The printer connector is smaller than the computer connector. It has to be connected to the rear of the printer. Connect the computer connector to one of the USB ports of the computer.
Step 2: USB Driver installation
The USB drivers can be installed through the software installation CD. Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive and the installation will start automatically. If it doesn’t start, open the dj2620 CD drive on your computer and double-click on it to start the process.
HP DJ2620 USB Printer Setup Mac
Step 1: Preparing the printer for USB setup
- Turn ON the printer and wait till it becomes idle. Connect one end of the USB cable to the rear of the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer and connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- The cable is provided within the printer package while purchasing.
Step 2: Driver installation and connection steps
- Click on the HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup Driver button provided on this site. According to your OS download the driver file. Before downloading, a prompt will appear asking whether to Save or Run the file.
- Click on Save to download and save the file on to your PC. After the download process, go to the Downloads folder on your Mac system and double-click on the file to start the installation.
- Select USB as the network connection mode when prompted.
How to do HP DJ2620 Duplex Printing?
Duplex printing comes very much into use if you are trying to print large documents and want prints on both side of the paper.
HP DJ2620 Duplex printing Windows
- Load blank paper into the input tray. Make sure enough paper are loaded since you do not want a paper issue while printing large jobs.
- Open the document that has to be printed and click on the File menu and then click Print.
- From the list, choose the name of the printer and click on Printer Properties and choose Preferences.
- The Preferences option may also be displayed as HP Deskjet 2620 Setup in some computers. Choose the available option.
- The next tab will display the printing options. Under the Printing Shortcut select Print on Both sides or Two-sided printing.
- If the above settings are not available, then click on Layout, Features, or the Finishing tab depending on whatever is displayed on the screen.
- Click on Print on Both Sides and select the binding or page flip option if available.
- Click on OK and set the other preferences and finally click on Print.
HP DJ2620 Duplex printing Mac
- Open the document which is to be printed on both the sides on your Mac computer.
- Select the Layout option from the Print dialog.
- Then, choose Long-Edge binding from the Two-Sided menu. This will enable dj2620 double-sided printing for this print job only.
- To save this as the default setting, create a print options preset. On the Preset menu, click on the Save As option.
- Name the file and then click on OK. This will save all of the currently selected print options as a preset.
- Then select the new preset from the Preset menu. The setting will become default preset once a print is performed with the current duplex printing preset.
QUICK STEPS FOR HP DESKJET 2620 WIRELESS SETUP
- HP Setup 2620 wireless connetion, the user has to know the Network name or the SSID and the Network password to connect wirelessly to a network.
- The dj2620 software installation CD comes with the printer package. Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive and start the installation setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process. Now connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Touch the setup Wireless icon on the Home screen of the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup. Touch the Setup icon.
- Open Wireless Settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network from the list and start printing.
Why HP DJ2620 in Printing with Black Ink Only?
Although the Deskjet 2620 printer has a black and a color cartridge, some users may want to print from black cartridge only. The following are the steps provided perform printing with Black ink only.
HP DJ2620 Printing with black ink on Windows
Print Only Black for one Print Job
- Open the document which you want to print. From the File menu, click on the Print option or click on the Print icon present in the toolbar.
- Choose your printer from the list of HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup available. Click Printer Properties. The next window appears with the set of various customizing options.
- Open the Settings option and select the Black Ink Only. Then open the Advanced tab and choose Black and White option. Click on OK to save the settings.
Printing in black for all print jobs
- If you want to print all the pages and all the prints in Black, go to the Print Settings menu. Under the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup Preferences expand the Advanced tab.
- Choose Black Ink Only option under the Grayscale section. Choose Black and White option and choose All Prints option to perform this action for all the prints.
HP DJ2620 Printing with black ink on Mac
Printing in black for one print job
- Open the document or photo to be printed from on the Mac computer. Open the File option present in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on Show Details in the following window. Open the Grayscale option from the dj2620 Paper Type section. Choose Black Ink Only to print with black ink only for the document.
- Go to Grayscale and select Draft. Choose High Quality to increase the print quality or clarity.
Printing in black for all print jobs
- If you want to perform black ink printing for all the print jobs then go to the grayscale option and choose Black Only. Save the settings in the Presents list menu.
HP Deskjet 2620 Troubleshooting
HP DJ2620 Printing issues
- The first step to troubleshoot a dj2620 printer issue is to restart the printer and the router.
- Mostly this will re-establish the connection issue.
- Check the status of the printer’s wireless light on the control panel to determine if there is a connection between the printer and the router.
- If the wireless light doesn’t flash, then there is an error.
- Print a Wireless page test report to identify the exact problem.
- The connection might have interference if there are several networks connected to the same channel.
- Use of more than one router can cause connectivity issues.
HP DJ2620 Ink cartridges issues
- There are several points to be noted while installing or using the HP ink cartridges.
- Do not install the cartridges if you have no knowledge about them. Read the user manual carefully before installing them.
- Do not keep the cartridges in the open for a long time once they are unwrapped because this might dry up the ink soon.
- If a cartridge error is displayed, lift the scanner part and re-seat the cartridges and close the scanner panel.
- Before inserting, check if there are any HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup protective tapes sealed on the ink nozzle. Is so, then remove them.
Why the HP DJ2620 Printer not Found During Network Setup?
Poor network range and corrupt drivers can be the case for network issues related with the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup printer. Follow the steps below to establish a connection.
Step 1: Restart all the devices
The first step to follow is to restart the computer, the printer and the router device. Disconnect the power cord from the dj2620 printer and re-connect it after 60 seconds. The printer will turn ON automatically.
Step 2: Check the network connection
Check if the printer and the computer are connected on the same network. Make sure that the printer is placed close to the router to get full connectivity range. Check if the Airplane mode in your system is turned OFF.
Step 3: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
The HP Print and Scan Doctor application are useful to troubleshoot most of the HP Deskjet 2620 Printer Setup issues. It is available only for Windows. Download the software from the manufacturing site and run the scan.
Step 4: Disable the Firewall and Anti-virus
Firewall or the Anti-virus settings in your system might block the printer signal. Change the Firewall settings temporarily and allow the software and change the settings back to normal.
Step 5: uninstall and re-install the driver software
If the problem persists despite many troubleshooting methods, then uninstall the whole software and drivers and re-install them. Download and install them from our website and try running the HP Deskjet 2620 Setup.