Know the Quick Ways for Doing Deskjet GT 5820 Setup
The Deskjet GT 5820 is an inexpensive printer that delivers high-quality prints. It has high-capacity ink tank system that helps you print thousands of pages, at a low cost per page. This all-in-one is designed and built to be reliable. It is budget-friendly and has a trendy design. It is an ideal choice for home and small-office use.
- The maximum print resolution is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color) and 1200 x 1200 dpi (black).
- The print speed is up to 8 ppm (mono) and 5 ppm (color).
- It supports USB and Wireless interface.
- The processor speed is 360 MHz.
- It supports Windows and Mac operating system.
- It has 60 sheet input tray capacity and 25 sheet output tray capacity.
- The monthly duty cycle is 1000 pages.
Setting Up the dj 5820 Printer Hardware
Open the printer package, remove the printer and its accessories out of the box. Remove the printer out of the plastic bag and place it on a flat surface. Make sure this place is free of vibrations and electric shocks.
- The printer package will contain a power cord, set of HP ink bottles, driver installation CD, user manual and printhead. Before setting up your printer, go through the user manual. Connect one end of the power cord to your printer and plug the other end into a wall outlet.
- Power up your Deskjet GT 5820 and choose your preferred language on the control panel of your printer. Select the location, date and time. You will be prompted to fill ink in the ink tanks. Unwrap an ink bottle from its package and unseal its cap.
- Open the lid of the ink tank and insert the ink bottle into the opening. Empty the ink bottle and then follow the same procedure to fill ink in the other tanks. Discard the empty ink bottles and close the lids of all ink tanks. Load enough paper into the input tray.
- Open the carriage access door and install the printhead into the carriage. The printer will calibrate and then an alignment page will be printed. Install the latest driver and software. To check the GT 5820 HP printer’s performance, try to print a sample document.
Installation of HP Printer Driver and Software
A printer driver is a software that converts data to be printed to a particular format that your printer can understand. The driver software is unique for each printer model and operating system of your computer.
Run the Setup file from the website
- On your computer, open a web browser. Go to our website and enter your printer’s name or model number. Select your computer’s operating system.
- Click download and run the downloaded file. Click Yes to continue the installation. The HP Easy Start utility files will be extracted and launched.
- You will be able to select the Installation type. You can choose between Easy Installation and Custom Installation. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
Run the Setup file from the disc
- You will be able to set up the printer driver for your device using the Installation CD that was provided with your Deskjet GT 5820. Open the CD drive on your computer.
- Place the setup disc in the drive and a new window will open on your computer screen. Click Open and view the contents of the CD.
- Locate the setup file for your operating system and begin the installation. Double-click the setup file. Click Yes to proceed with the installation.
Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup
The Wi-Fi Direct feature will help you connect your devices to a wireless network without connecting to the Internet or joining a local network. You can securely print photos and documents from Wi-Fi capable devices.
- The latest version of the HP Print Service Plugin should be installed on your Android mobile device.
- Select the Wi-Fi Direct option from your printer’s control panel or print the information report.
- Note down the Wi-Fi Direct name and password from the information report.
- On your Android device, select Settings and turn on Wi-Fi. Open the document you would like to print.
- Confirm that DIRECT-xx-HP DESKJET 5820 displays as your printer on the print plugin settings screen.
Wireless Printer Setup
You will be able to choose the connection type as Wireless during the driver installation. If you have already installed the driver software, then the connection type can be modified in HP Solution Center.
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer. The printer and computer should be connected to the same wireless network with an active internet connection. Place the printer and computer closer to the router, during the setup procedure.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the GT 5820 HP printer. From the printer’s control panel, choose the option Wireless. On the Wireless Summary Screen, choose Settings and then Wireless settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard and your printer will search for the networks within range.
- Choose your network’s name from the list. If prompted, enter the network password. On your computer, select your printer’s name in the list of applications. Choose the Utility option and click Printer Setup and Software in the utility window.
- Choose the option to Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup. Try to print the wireless test report which provides information about the printer status and IP address.
- The test report also displays details about the network settings, if the printer is connected to a network. From the printer’s control panel, choose the option Wireless and then select Settings. In the settings window, select the option Print reports and then click Wireless Test Report.
Print and Scan from the HP AIO Printer Remote App (Android & Apple)
With the AiO Remote App, you can print the files from your cloud or social media accounts. This application can also be used to scan documents or photos. The HP AiO Deskjet GT 5820 remote app is now called the HP Smart app.
- Make sure your Android device has OS 4.1 or a later version. To print from this app, you will have to install the HP Print Service Plugin.
- If this plugin is not installed, then HP Smart will install and enable the plugin. On your device, open a browser and search for Google Play store.
- Download and Install the application. Open the AiO Remote app on your Android or Apple iOS device. The first time the app is opened, a Welcome Screen will be displayed.
- Read through the Agreement and tap the checkbox next to I Agree. The application will search and detect HP printers on the same network as your device.
- On the app home screen, tap the Plus icon and select your printer’s name. If not click Add Printer to add a new printer to the network.
- Click Print Documents or Print Photos. Search for the file you want to print from social media or cloud account. Preview the document and then click Print.
- Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass. Open the AiO Remote app on your Android or Apple iOS device. Click Scan, Scan to Email or Scan to Cloud, based on the required scan type.
- Preview the scan. If required, modify the scan settings and then touch Send, Save, Share or Print. The camera in a mobile device will scan the document in PDF or JPEG format.
- You can save the scan on your mobile device or in cloud account. On your device, touch Scan to Email, Scan to Cloud or Document Capture. This will let you select the Scan Type.
- Click a snap of the document and then preview the same to alter the settings. After examining the document, click Scan and the document will be scanned and saved to the desired location.
HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer Issues
Delays are costly and frustrating when your device stops functioning. When you buy a device it is always advisable to go through the user manual or online guides. You will have to be preplanned to handle and fix these printer issues. Go through a list of common problems every printer will face and also learn how to troubleshoot them. If you can address the issue by yourself, then time and money can be saved.
Mobile Printer Setup fails in Android device
Uninstall the software application from which you are trying to print. Go to Google Play Store and download the application again. Your device will now display a list of printers within range.
- If your printer is not displayed in the list, then refresh the application. Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings and check if your device is connected to an active network. Make sure your mobile is linked to the same wireless network as your Deskjet GT 5820.
- On your printer’s control panel, make sure the wireless light is on and not flashing. Turn off and then turn on the Wireless button. Adjust your router’s frequency band to 2.4 GHz as many HP printers do not support 5.0 GHz frequency band.
- Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to an active network. It should not be in energy-saving or sleep mode. If there are multiple wireless printers within the same range, turn them off to decrease wireless signal noise during setup.
- On your app, tap Help Set Up a New GT 5820 HP Printer and then try to add your printer to the list. Make sure you have entered the correct wireless network name and password. The wireless network name and password are case-sensitive.
Paper jam error displays
Turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord. Remove all paper from the input tray and the output area. Open the carriage access door and look into the printer for paper debris.
- You will find four small metal pressure rollers that ride on the main feed roller. Make sure that there are no labels or paper debris stuck on these rollers. Use a tweezer or similar tool to remove the paper debris.
- Use a soft cloth lightly moistened with water to clean the paper feed rollers. Close the carriage access door when finished. The paper will skew if the rear access door is not fully locked. Reconnect the power cord and load paper in the input tray.
- Make sure the paper tray is not overloaded. Adjust the paper width guides and verify that the paper used meets the paper-handling specifications. Thoroughly check the paper path for any torn pieces of paper and remove them.
- Check if the printer is placed on a flat surface such that the input tray is not bent when it is pushed in. Power on your Deskjet GT 5820 and check if the error message has disappeared. Try to print again or make another copy.