DESKJET 2542 PRINTER SETUP
Are you looking for an efficient multi-functional printer for home use? Then, Deskjet 2542 printer is a good choice for you to purchase. This printer can print, scan and copy at a high-speed. You can use color and black cartridges that permits you to print in color and monochrome.
Features and Specification
- The connection options for the printer includes Wired and Wireless. Use Wireless Direct Printing to print the documents or photos wirelessly without connecting to a network.
- Pint more than 20pages per minute for a black cartridge and print more than 16 pages for a color cartridge. Due to high print resolution, print crystal clear documents.
- The printer is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Printing with the help of wireless direct feature is easy and authentic. Just establish the network connection with the printer to start the printing process.
- Initially, install any plugin or app that is compatible with the Android or Smart phones. Connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. In case you have enabled the Wireless Direct with security option, type the password to get connected.
- In case the printer is not able to connect to the network, install the printer driver and software for the system. Select the connection type as Wireless if prompted.
- After the installation process, activate the Wi-Fi Direct icon. You can configure the connection mode to either Automatic or Manual.
- If you choice is Manual, you need to type the password to start the connection process. For Automatic, you are not required to type the password for connecting.
- Once you have connected, with the help of the app or plug in, you can print from the printer.
Ink cartridge Replacements
- Replacing the ink cartridges is done when the ink level is very low or critically low. If there are any faulty ink cartridges, replace it with a new one.
- Open the ink cartridge access door to remove the cartridge from the printer. Wait until the carriage is inactive and moves to the middle of the printer.
- Press the cartridge on the top of it to remove the cartridge from the slot. Discard the old ink cartridges. Take out the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Discard the protective tape from the ink cartridge. Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts as it leads to ink system failure.
- Hold the cartridge at an upwards angle and then place them into their respective slots. Ensure that you do not keep the ink cartridge in open air for a long time.
- The ink cartridge gets dried. After installation, the printer begins to print an alignment page. In case of any doubts about the cartridges, call our toll-free number.
- A Driver is the medium of communication between the system and the printer. To install the printer driver, you have two ways. Follow the steps below to start the installation.
- Take the software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box. Verify whether it is scratch -free. If yes, place it on a computer’s disc drive.
- View the list of files displayed on the screen. Select the Setup file from the list. For a Windows, the file format is in .exe. For Mac, the file format is in .dmg format.
- Based on the operating system, select the setup file and double-click on it. Wait for the installation process to start automatically.
- In case the installation stops in the middle of the process, download the updated driver from our website.
- To download or install the driver, call our customer support team to get instructions regarding the installation process.
When you are printing a document or photo, the printer stops printing at the middle of the process. To fix such issues, follow the steps given below which describes blinking lights and not printing black ink issues.
When you see a light blinking on the control panel, it indicates an issue has occurred in the printer. Make use of the steps below to resolve the blinking issue.
- Step 1: In case the attention light is flickering, the output tray is closed or a scanning issue is displayed on the control panel.
- Step 2: Open the output tray and then drag the paper tray extender towards you to fix the issue. In case the issue persists, move to the next step.
- Step 3: Reboot the printer. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cable from the printer’s hindside and from the wall socket. After a while, connect the power cable back.
- Step 4: Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. In case the issue persists, call our customer support team.
Not printing black ink
When the ink level in the black cartridge is low, then it is necessary to replace it with a new one. Use the steps below to solve the issue.
- Step 1: Verify the estimated ink level in your Deskjet 2542 printer. In case the ink level is low, the issue occurs. To examine the ink level, tap ink drop icon on the control panel.
- Step 2: Ensure that the ink cartridges are genuine and authentic. Using these ink cartridges, print quality printouts and avoid ink cartridge issues.
- Step 3: Verify whether the paper type and size, tray and other quality settings under the printer settings are proper. If not, set them suitable for the print job.
- Step 4: Reconfigure the printer by unplugging the power cable from the printer’s rear and wall socket. Connect it back again and then try it print a document