- The HP Deskjet 1000, arguably one of the cheapest deskjets to ever be produced by HP, this printer is designed primarily with home usage in mind.
- Equipped with just the power button, the printer is designed with minimalism in mind. An illuminated power button near the top cover and two sockets are the only interface options available.
- Based on the inkjet printing technology, this printer operates on two cartridge system, a tri-color, and black. Print speeds are average at 16 pages per minute for black and 12 pages per minute for color prints.
- Connectivity is by means of a wired USB connection with the functionality of printing on cards, envelops, iron-on transfers, labels, and transparencies.
- Input tray boasts a capacity of 60-sheets and output tray tops out at 25 sheets. The Deskjet 1000 has a monthly duty cycle of 1000 to 4000 pages and is operable from both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- This miniature printer with the dimensions of 16.6 x 15 x 10.5 (width x depth x height) can fit into your cupboard and any shelf for that matter. Print resolution is 600 DPI for mono and 4800 x 1200 DPI for color prints.
- Energy star certification saves you money on the power bill.
Driver installation for Windows and Mac
The most important software in a printer is its driver. This software acts as the bridge between the printer and the computer. Driver software can be installed directly from the CD that is provided with the box package. If the CD is not available, this can be downloaded online free of charge. Click the link mentioned on this website. This will take you to a window where you have to enter your printer model number. Remember that for every printer out there, there is a driver software that is developed exclusively by the manufacturer. This software is unique and will work only its respective printer model. Make sure to exercise caution when entering the printer model and click the download button. this will take you to another window where you will be asked to choose between the two available operating systems. Every driver software is developed in two variants, one for Windows and one for Mac. The Windows version is developed in .exe format and the Mac in .dmg format. The operating systems are not capable of recognizing the version that is not compatible with them. Choose the operating system of your printer and click the download button.
Post download, double-click the file and the installation will commence. Make sure to choose the directory of install. The HP Easy Scan should help you with the process. Post installation, go to Control Panel and open the Printer and Scanner option. Inside here, remove all the listed printer. Search and add your printer by clicking the Add button. Somewhere during the installation process, you will be prompted to connect the USB cord to the printer and the computer. In the settings window, the printer that is currently in use is set as the default printer. Close the window and try printing to ensure the workability of the setup.
How to install ink cartridges
STEP 1: The main printing component of a printer is the ink cartridge. All inkjet printers print by spraying ink on the paper. This ink is stored in the cartridge. Two main components that are responsible for printing are the printhead and the contact points. The printhead is the part that sprays ink on the paper by using nozzles. Contact points exist to form a connection between the printer and the ink cartridge.
STEP 2: It is always recommended to prefer genuine HP ink cartridges. Preferring genuine components over third-party cartridges will increase the longevity of your printer. In addition, this will improve your print experience. The quality of document that is printed with a genuine cartridge is leaps and bounds ahead of the ones printed with a third-party cartridge. The ink used in third-party cartridges are from questionable sources and are guaranteed to clog your printhead. In addition to this, with an improper ink, ink smears and blotches of ink printed on your document are a common occurrence.
STEP 3: Genuine ink cartridges are expensive and throwing away an ink cartridge with ink left in it a waste of money. Monitoring the ink levels can help you prevent this issue. Ink levels can be monitored in the control panel of the printer. The same can be done on the ink management software that is present with the full feature driver software. Other options which allow you to check your printer ink levels are the HP Smart App. Proceed to change your ink cartridge only after making sure that your cartridge is running low on ink. Subscribing to the Instant Ink program will make sure you never run out of ink by delivering cartridges every time your printer runs low on ink.
STEP 4: Open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to come to rest. Identify the cartridge latch and open it. This is present to secure the cartridge in position. Remove the old cartridge making sure to not touch the sides of the carriage to prevent ink smears and save you the hassle of having to clean up. Open the new cartridge from its package and remove the tape present on the underside. This is to prevent dirt from accumulating on the printhead and the contact points. Place the cartridge in its respective slot and secure the cartridge by locking the latch. Close the cartridge access door when done. The ink levels should update shortly.
123 HP Deskjet 1000 USB setup
The process is discussed in two steps. Based on the operating system that is running on your computer, this process is divided into Windows and iOS.
- To prepare your Windows computer to connect to your printer using the USB connection, make sure you are in receipt of the following. USB cable less than 3 meters in length, an empty port on your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from your computer and do not reconnect until prompted to do so. Go to the link specified in this website and enter your printer model and choose Full Feature Driver. This variant of the software will have additional programs that assist with the functioning of the printer. Choose the operating system as Windows and commence download. Take help from HP Easy Start to assist you with the driver installation. Check HP Print and Scan Doctor to the list of software that has to be downloaded. Proceed to install the driver software by clicking on the HP Set up Wizard or Install Assistant. Go to control panel and in the Printers and Scanners option, remove all the devices. Search and add your current printer to the list and set it as the default printer.
- To install USB driver on your Mac, remove all USB connection from your computer and printer. Proceed to open the link provided on this website and enter your printer model number and choose Full Feature Driver. Before clicking the download option, choose your operating system as Mac. After the download is completed, open the driver software and commence the installation. Double-click the installation file and choose HP Easy Start and this will guide you through the installation. At one point in time, you will be asked to connect the USB to your printer in order to complete the installation.
Troubleshooting is the art of rectifying your printer’s issues by following the guide and steps provided. No matter how well maintained your printer is, it is bound to run into trouble. This is mostly due to the manual intervention and lethargy whilst operating the printer. Printer issues can be prevented by following the operational guide diligently.
Some of the common recurring issues are the Paper Jam, Printer Offline issue, Network Connection not found, Print Quality issue, Scanner and Fax issues etc. By following the troubleshooting guide, these issues are an easy fix rarely requiring the assistance of a technician.
Printing black page error
- It is recommended to prefer genuine HP ink cartridges over third-party one. This will drastically increase the print quality and rectify cartridge related issues. Exercise caution when purchasing cartridges as buying the cartridge of a different model might not be compatible with your printer. Check estimated ink levels. This can be done by clicking on the ink management tool that is found in the full feature driver software. If not, the printer can be commanded to printer an ink level sheet. Observe the changes in color if any and if the sheet happens to have spotted or tainted prints, it would mean that the cartridge is low in ink and need to be replaced. The old and used cartridges need to be swapped with new ones. Maintaining healthy ink levels will provide quality prints.
- Clean the cartridges by using an automated tool. Click Printer Action in the control panel and choose Maintenance Tasks. Under the Device Service tab, click on Clean Ink Cartridges and wait for the process to complete. Make sure to not leave the paper tray empty. Ensure the cartridge is properly secured by making sure the latch is locked in place and that the cartridge is properly placed in the carriage.
Not connecting error
- Printer not connecting is the result of poor network connection. Make sure your printer is turning on and that there are no issue with the power cord. In case the printer is connected using a USB connection, make sure the connection is secure. Ensure that the cable is connected to the correct port and that there are no damages in the cable.
- The wireless connection has the problem of the signal not reaching the device. This is the result of placing the printer and the router far away from each other. Place them close to each other and ensure that there are no large objects that can obscure the signal. It is highly possible that even after connecting to your wireless network, your anti-virus and firewall stops the printer from connecting to your computer. Temporarily disable your Anti-virus and Firewall and try making the connection again.
- If you still are having difficulties, there are chances that the issue is caused by your driver software. Proceed to update your driver software and your printer’s firmware. These updates contain the solution to common bugs and software glitches making it all the more important to keep them updated at all costs.