HP Envy 4516 Printer Setup and Install Guidance
With HP Envy 4516, an All-In-One printer, you can print lab-quality photos at an affordable price. It includes print, copy, scan and fax features. The HP Envy 4516 printer setup lets you print up to twice as many pages or photos with Original HP high-yield ink cartridges. It lets you easily print documents and photos from a variety of smartphones and tablets. Moreover, you can manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app.
How to Unbox HP Envy 4516 Printer
- Eliminate the printer from the box. Eliminate all tape and packing materials from the outside of the 123 HP Setup Envy 4516 printer.
- Eliminate the sticker on the control panel display. Raise to open the scanner lid.
- Eliminate all tape and packing materials from the scanner glass. Shut the scanner lid.
- Reach inside the printer grip the handle and then raise up to remove all tape and packing materials from inside the printer.
- Shut the cartridge access door for HP Envy 4516 Printer Setup.
- Grip the handle on the paper tray and tuck open the tray, raise to remove the output tray, and then eliminate all tape and packing materials from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray tugged out, shove in the photo tray.
- Glide out the paper width guides, and then eliminate all tape and packing materials from inside the paper tray.
- Substitute the output tray on the paper tray, and then shove in the paper tray until it fits into place.
- Remove or reprocess the packing materials.
First time HP Envy 4516 printer setup
Setting up your new Envy printer is quite easy with us. You simply need to unbox the printer, then form the connections and then install the cartridges to commence printing. The steps below may guide you.
- Note that until you install the included drivers and software for your printer, it may not work.
- Do not freak out if the CD is lost as you can download the drivers for your printer and then install the drivers on the printer.
- To unbox and install the printer, you first need to connect the printer to your system and then turn the printer on.
- Now, let your system automatically install the printer for you.
- Take out the printer from the box and then discard all the unwanted wrapping materials from outside and inside the printer.
- Go through the on-screen instructions to assemble the preferences and HP Envy 4516 printer setup other contents of the printer.
- If you are a Windows user, locate the Printer settings in the Control Panel and when using a Mac PC, you’ll find them in the System Preferences.
- In order to Add a printer in the Control Panel, follow the guidelines on the screen that appear after looking for the option and then try printing a test page.
How to Download HP Printer Driver and Manual
The steps to download a driver for your HP Envy 4516 printer on both Windows and Mac systems are given below. Download the driver to handle all your tasks with great ease.
- Step 1: It is always better to download the current version of the driver for your Envy printer as an outdated or corrupt driver may crash your PC.
- It is a good option to update drivers if you are running a new version of an OS or if you experience printing problems.
- Go to Start, then choose the Devices and Printers option on your Windows system and then select Enter.
- You may view a list of all available printers on the system. Though Windows may not report anything wrong with the printer, it is better to download new drivers.
- Now, locate your printer model, then choose the operating system and then download the driver.
- Go through the manual that came with your HP Envy 4516 printer setup to complete all printer tasks without any difficulty.
- Look for the topic in the printer manual to complete the print job. It may give you the required information about any feature of your printer.
- The guidelines on our website are very easy to understand and follow. It may avoid the need for any technician to come and handle the issues unless required.
Replacing Ink Cartridges
For best quality print, use genuine HP ink cartridges. When the cartridge is empty or low on ink, check the ink level and then replace it immediately by following the guidelines below.
- Power on your Envy printer if it is not already on, then open the scanner lid and then open the cartridge access door.
- You may notice that the carriage starts to move to the cartridge access area. Wait until it halts, then lift the lid on the cartridge slot and then carefully push the lid back until it stops.
- Raise the lid of your printer, then carefully push the lid back and then pull up on the cartridge.
- Remove the new cartridge from its package and then to remove the plastic tape, pull the pull tab for HP Envy 4516 Printer Setup.
- With the contacts of the cartridge facing the rear side of the printer, hold it at a slight upward angle.
- Now, insert the cartridge into the empty slot and then to secure the cartridge into place, close the lid on the cartridge slot.
- Make a note that the color cartridge is on the left and the black cartridge is on the right.
- Close both the cartridge access door and the scanner lid and then align the cartridges.
How to Fix Ink Cartridge Issues
Your printer may print blurry or faded images if the cartridges are improperly seated or if there is any dust accumulated on the contacts. Go through the prompts below to fix the issue.
- Sometimes you may notice cartridge issues even with the correct HP cartridges. Reinstall the cartridge in these circumstances.
- Also, the electrical contacts may be dirty or there could be a cartridge or printer failure.
- Check if the newly installed cartridges are compatible with your HP Envy 4516 printer setup and that they are unmodified, genuine HP cartridges.
- Take out the cartridge, then reinsert it into its slot and then power on the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and then discard any protective tape on the nozzles if any.
- Now, wipe the electrical contacts, then take out and reinsert the cartridges again.
- Carefully clean the cartridge contacts again and if the error still continues, restart the printer.
HP Envy 4516 Scan to computer, email or PDF
Generally, scanning business documents, such as contracts and proposals, and emailing them to clients may reduce your paper costs and long distance fax charges. The process of converting a document into electronic format in all HP AIO printers is similar for many scanning devices. After you create the scan, you can convert it to PDF and send it to mail by following the prompts below.
- To scan a photo or document to the computer, choose the file type and then scan the required item.
- Click the Scan option on the control panel and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- Now, save the document as a PDF or JPEG file. The PDF setting lets you scan the text documents that are not editable.
- The JPEG setting may let you scan pictures and images.
- Scan to PDF lets you share information without the need of using a converter or other application.
- Open the scanner lid and then place the document or picture you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Choose your preferences and then select the Accept button to save the scan as a PDF to complete HP Envy 4516 Printer setup.
- Note that you can create a new email profile using the full-featured software installed on the computer or the EWS on the printer.
- Select the email profile you created, then type the password and then scan the item.