Easy Guidance for HP Envy 4520 Printer Setup
HP Envy 4520 First Time Printer Setup
First time printer setup HP ENVY 4520
Once you receive your printer from freight, the first step is to unbox your printer. Follow the step-by-step procedure given below to unbox your HP Envy 4520 printer setup and to enjoy printing.
- Find a suitable area (flat desk) to set up your printer. Carefully slice the tape and unbox your printer and its components. Clear away the tape and all packaging materials from the printer.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Discard all tape and packing material from inside the printer. Place the duplexer in the slot found on the posterior side of the printer.
- Once the duplexer is installed, connect one end of the power cord to your printer. Plug the other end of the cord to the wall outlet and power up your printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, choose your location, language, date and time. Load the paper tray with the sheets of plain paper that need to be printed with the print side facing downward.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and install the cartridges. Unwrap the cartridges from their package and install them into the printer. After installation, lock the cartridge access door.
HOW TO SETUP HP ENVY 4520 PRINTER
HP Envy 4520 – eprint Setup
You can print from most applications to a wireless HP printer with the HP ePrint app installed on your Android device. Email the document you want to print to your printer’s email address. Make sure the subject line has text. If there is a blank email subject line, the HP ePrint server might cancel the print job for HP Envy 4520 printer setup. You don’t have to download or install any driver software, you can print from anywhere and you can create a preferred senders list using the HP ePrint app.
HP Envy 4520 – AirPrint Setup
Using Apples’ AirPrint feature, you will be able to create a full-quality printed output. This feature makes printing easy and trouble-free. You don’t need to connect cables, download any software or install drivers. You can send whatever you want to print to an HP printer with just a few taps and get your job done. Make sure your computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network. Open the document you want to print, choose your printer and then click Print.
UPDATING FIRMWARE ON HP ENVY 4520 PRINTER
Updating the firmware from your printer’s control panel or the Firmware Update Utility will provide printer updates, an addition of new features and updates for existing Web Service applications for HP Envy 4520 Printer Setup.
- Your printer must be connected to a wireless or wired connection with an active internet connection. On your printer’s control panel, navigate to and select the Setup option.
- Click Service and then select Envy Update. Select Check for Updates Now and the printer will check for any available firmware updates. Click Install Now to install the latest update.
- You can manually update the firmware with the Firmware Update Utility. On your computer, navigate to and double-click the Firmware Update Utility that can be downloaded online.
- Make sure your printer is connected to your computer. Go to the firmware download page and enter your printer’s model number. Choose your operating system, select the Firmware option and then click Download.
- During the installation, Windows might ask you to confirm if you want to allow changes to your computer or open the file. Click Yes to continue the installation.
- From the Firmware Update Utility, click the drop-down menu to select your printer. Click Send Firmware to update the firmware on your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the update to HP Envy 4520 Printer Setup.
- If you have connected a USB cable to update your printer, then search Windows for Devices and Printers. Right-click and remove the USB printer device that matches your printer model.
HP Envy 4520 – USB Printer Setup For Windows & Mac
Power on your printer and computer. On your system, open a browser and go to the driver download page and click the Software and Drivers tab. Enter your printer’s name and choose the driver that suits your operating system.
- Under Driver Product Installation Software, click the Download button. When the HP software and driver downloads window is displayed, select Use HP Download and Install Assistant. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver for HP Envy 4520 printer setup.
- Select Full Feature Installation. When you are prompted to choose a connection type, select the USB option and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer. Connect the USB cable to the USB port of the printer and the other end to the USB port of your computer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port of the printer. Plug the other end of the cable to your Mac computer. Select System Preferences in the Apple menu. Under the hardware section, select Printers and Scanners.
- If your printer is not listed in the list of printers and scanners, then add your printer to the list. Click the plus sign and then choose Add Printer. Select the name of your printer and complete the setup. When you are prompted to choose a connection type, select the USB option.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a feature that will provide your printer a direct wireless connection that will allow you to print without connecting to the Internet or joining a local network.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Direct option from your printer’s control panel or print the information report. This will contain the Wi-Fi Direct name and password. If you have not installed the HP printer software on the computer, connect to Wi-Fi Direct first and then install the printer software for HP Envy 4520 printer setup.
- On your computer, select Wireless Settings and turn on Wi-Fi. Open the document you would like to print. Select your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name from the list. If prompted, enter the Wi-Fi Direct password. On the computer, open the list of installed programs and click the HP folder.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software and then select Connect a New Printer. Click on the Wireless option and then select Next. Remove the USB cable from the printer to convert the USB connection to a wireless connection. Open the printer software after the installation.
- Run the Wireless Setup Wizard to establish a wireless connection. Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer’s control panel display to set up wireless communication. The user can securely print documents and photos from most Wi-Fi capable devices.
- Open a document you want to print. Select the option Print and make sure your printer’s name is selected. Take a preview of the page and modify the number of pages to be printed. Click Print and the printer will execute the print job.
How To Print a Document Using HP Envy 4520?
How to print a document
On your Android device, go to Google Play Store and download the HP Smart application. Touch the search field and type HP Smart. Select the HP Smart application in the list of results and then tap install.
- Make sure your Android device and your printer are connected to the same wireless network. After installation, open the HP Smart application and then click Start. Accept the terms and conditions and then click Continue. On the app home screen, tap the plus sign.
- The application will search for printers that are connected to the network. If you already have printers connected to the network, select the printer you want to use. Click the Add Printer option if you are setting up a new printer. Open the HP Smart app and then tap Print Documents using HP Envy 4520 printer setup.
- Locate the file in your cloud account or mobile device. Open the document and preview of the file will be displayed. If required, modify the print settings. If you want to print on both sides, then select the Duplex Printing option.
- If your printer does not support automatic duplexing, then the Two-Sided option will not be available. Make sure the ink level is not low and enough paper is loaded into the input tray. Click Print and the document will be printed.
How To Scan a Document Using HP Envy 4520?
The scanner is a device that will help you scan photos, posters and magazine pages. Scanners usually come with a software that will help the users resize and modify a captured image.
Scan with HP software
- Open the scanner unit and place the document on the scanner glass. On your computer, search for your printer model and select your printer's name in the list of results.
- Add your printer's name to the list if it is not displayed in the list of results. The HP Scan window will open when you select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that match the file type and resulting action that is required. Click Show Scan Preview to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it and Finish HP Envy 4520 Printer setup.
Scan to email
- Confirm that Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird is installed on your computer. Open the HP Solution Center software, click Scan Document and then select one of the email related shortcuts.
- Select Email Save Options to add the recipient email address, a subject and a message to the email. Choose Scan to preview the item before sending and click Finish to send the email with the scan attached.