Quick Guidance for HP Envy 120 Printer Setup
How to Setup HP Envy 120 Printer
- Open the box and remove any packing materials on top of the printer. Next, take the printer out of the box for HP Envy 120 Printer Setup. Set the box on its side, then slide the printer of the box and set the box aside. Remove the Styrofoam end caps one at a time. Remove the clear plastic tape from around the printer.
- Remove the blue tape from the outside of the HP Envy 120 printer. Make sure you open the cartridge access door and remove the last piece of blue tape and cardboard from inside the printer. Plug one end of the power cord in the back of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Make sure that there are no packing materials under the scanner lid. Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- The printer will start initializing. When the HP Envy 120 printer stops making noise, open the cartridge access door. Open the package containing the cartridge. Before installing the cartridge, make sure you remove the protective tab from the cartridge.
- Make sure you do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Insert the cartridge into the cartridge slot and close the cartridge access door. Align a stack of paper and load it into the paper input tray.
HP Envy 4500 Printer Driver Download
- Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to your computer(wired or wireless connection) to commence HP Envy 120 Printer Setup.
- Go to our website and locate the printer driver for your printer. Click the download option to download the printer driver file.
- The download option might just be a button labelled “Download”, or it might be a link that you can click.
- In the File Download – Security Warning window, click Save. Specify where you want to save the file, in the Save As dialog box.
- The download speed is based on the file size and your internet connection speed.
- When the download is complete, locate the downloaded file and then double-click it.
- The files will be extracted and the installation will begin. There will be a prompt to choose the installation type.
- Choose between Custom Install and Easy Install. All the features will be installed on your computer by selecting Easy Install.
- You can click the Customize Software Selections button to choose what software to install.
- Click Next and check the box to agree to the terms. The software and drivers will now install.
- When prompted, connect the square end of the USB cable into the USB port on the printer.
- Plug the flat end into the computer’s USB port. The installer will detect that you have connected your HP Envy 120 printer and will finish the installation.
- Follow any on-screen prompts that might appear. At this point, all your printer’s software and drivers are installed.
- You can click Continue Online to activate your printer and register it with HP or close out the installer.
- Open Devices and Printers. Check if your printer’s name is displayed in the hardware section. If not add your printer to the list to complete HP Envy 120 Printer Setup.
- The driver will be regularly updated during Windows update. You can manually update your driver software as well.
HP Envy 120 – Ink Cartridge Replacement
The first thing to do is turn the HP Envy 120 printer on, so press the Power button. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center of the printer. When the carriage stops moving, lightly press down on the cartridge you want to replace to release it. Pull the cartridge out to remove it from the slot. Now, take the new cartridge out of its package. Pull the plastic tab to remove it. When handling the cartridges, be aware of the electrical contacts and ink nozzles. Make sure that you do not touch the contacts and nozzles. Touching the nozzles and contacts can cause clogs, ink failure and poor electrical connections. Make sure you install the replacement cartridge in its correct slot for HP Envy 120 Printer Setup. Tri-color on the left and black on the right. The cartridge should be held by its sides with the nozzles facing downward, slide it directly into the correct open slot. Push the cartridge forward into the slot until it snaps into place. When the cartridge is in, close the cartridge access door of the printer. Load paper into the input tray and wait 30 seconds for the alignment page to automatically print. The printer is now ready for regular use.
Troubleshooting common issues
Troubleshooting is the process of analyzing, outlining and solving a problem. If your hp envy 120 printer isn’t working quite right, here are some troubleshooting steps that can fix it.
Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup
- Turn off your printer and router. Close all running applications on your computer and shut down your computer.
- Turn on your HP Envy 120 printer, router and computer. Uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
- On the printer, open the Wireless network menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.
Printer is Offline
- Turn off your printer and disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. Turn on your printer and then reconnect the USB cable to start HP Envy 120 Printer Setup.
- Check for multiple printers in the Printers list and then remove any extra entries other than one in idle status.
- Delete the printer queue from the list of printers and then add it again. This will create a new printing session.
Carriage jam error
- Clear jammed paper from underneath the printer, input and output tray and ink cartridge access area.
- Uninstall and reinstall the cartridges and plug the printer directly into a wall outlet. Reset the hp envy 120 printer.
How to Fix Scanner Problems
- When you are unable to scan a document, confirm if the issue is also printing-related. Restart your devices(printer and computer) and check driver scan settings.
- Search Windows for your printer model name. Open Manage Scan to Computer. Select the checkbox that is next to “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log onto Windows”
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer. Click Test Scan, the Print and Scan Doctor will launch the HP scanning software to perform a test scan.
- HP regularly releases updates for your HP Envy 120 printer setup software. The driver software will be updated during Windows Update.
- The printer will not function properly if the driver software is not updated. It is better to uninstall the driver software and reinstall the updated one.
- Open View local services Control panel setting. Search for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in the Name column and look at the Status and Startup type values.
- Right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and choose the Properties option. Click Start under the Service status and then choose Automatic from the Startup type dropdown list for HP Envy 120 Printer Setup.
- Firewall software helps to block the threats from entering into your computer, but some of them block the communication of your computer with network printers. Use the Print and Scan Doctor to determine and transiently disable firewall software on your computer.
How to Fix Not Printing Issues
- If your printer does not print and cannot be cancelled from the Windows print queue, rest the printing system by deleting the print job files and restarting the printer and computer.
- Before proceeding, save your work on your computer. Power off your printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. From your computer, click the Windows button and then type Services.
- Select Services from the results. Scroll to Print-Spooler, right-click Print Spooler and select Stop. Open Windows Explorer from the taskbar and navigate to C:\Windows\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers.
- Select all the files inside the Printers folder and delete them. Shut down your computer from the Start menu in Windows. Your printer should be unplugged for at least sixty seconds and then plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
- Power on your HP Envy 120 printer setup and then power on your computer. From your computer, reopen and print your document. If your printer is still having issues, then search Windows for Control panel.
- Uninstall the printer software and reinstall the printer software from our website. Check if there is a paper jam in the input tray and roller area. Check the estimated ink level and replace the cartridges if they are low on level.