Complete HP Envy 7640 Setup & Install Guide
HP Envy 7640 Download and Install the Software
- Make sure the HP Envy 7640 printer is powered on.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, if it is connected with a computer or any other device.
- Go to our website HP Envy 7640 Setup and enter the HP Printer name and model in the product field.
- Go along with the prompts on the windows screen to get into the downloads page.
- Click Download under the HP Envy 7640 Setup driver or software. Open the downloaded folder and then install it on your Windows computer.
Quickly Download HP Envy 7640 printer Driver and Manual
HP Envy 7640 Wireless Printer Setup
- Ensure the wireless icon is switched on before you starting print job.
- check whether your HP Envy 7640 setup printer is connected with wireless network connection.
- Open WiFi settings, and check your printer is connected with same wireless network connection.
- Goto to App store and choose compatible printing app.
- Next click on App share button and search Print icon.
- Move to Home Screen. Open the document, then click Share Icon.
- OR Click Main menu, and Click Print Button.
- Select File to Print, and click Print option.
- In Printer Options, select your HP Envy 7640 Setup.
- Goto Print Settings. Enter copies number, and click Print.
- Print Job done successfully.
How to Setup Fax on HP Envy7640 Printer?
- Fax can be sent from the scanner glass when you have only one document.
- Eliminate any paper from the ADF, and lift the scanner lid.
- Mount and align the original using the inscribed guides near the edge of the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Click on fax from the control panel of the HP Envy 7640 Setup printer.
- Type the fax number in the field and click on black or color to send your fax.
HP Envy 7640 Setup for Fax Sending
Setting up the fax
Step 1: Necessities
Ensure you have the following items before you set up your fax:
- A telephone line must be in working condition.
- Fix the cartridges and load the white paper in the input tray.
- If you are provided with a telephone cord and adapter along with the printer keep it ready.
Step 2: Configure fax connection in HP Envy 7640 Setup Printer
Link the telephone cord and alter the ring settings from the control panel.
- Release any telephone devices from the phone jack where you are linking the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Eliminate the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- Release your answering machine phone cord from the phone jack, and then attach the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- Join one end of the phone cord to the phone jack, and then link the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the back of the printer.
- Click on printer setup from the control panel of the printer.
- Click on fax setup and then on setup wizard and follow the instruction to set up the printer for faxing.
Step 3: Choose your basic fax settings in HP Envy 7640 Printer
The default setting which comes on your printer is all you need to receive and send faxes. But to get the best experience it is always good to review basic fax settings and make any alterations.
Send a fax from the ADF
- Slide the ADF paper width guide to its farthest position.
- Switch on the document print-side up.
- Mount the paper and load it in the ADF first, and then glide the paper width guides and do not push the guides in so much that they bind against the paper.
- Enter the fax number in the field and click on black or color to send your fax.
Add contacts to the fax phone book
- Click on fax and tap on send now on the control panel of the Setup.
- Tap the Phone Book icon.
- Click on the Phone Book Contact icon .and then click the plus sign to add a contact.
- Tap on Name and then touch Done.
- Click on Fax Number, enter the fax number for the contact and then touch Done.
- Tap on Add.
Configure the fax speed in HP Envy 7640 Printer
- Click on printer setup from the control panel of the printer.
- Scroll on the display, Click on Fax Setup, and then touch Preferences and later on speed.
- Click on Slow, Medium, or Fast.
Configure the fax volume in HP Envy 7640 Setup Printer
- Click on HP Envy 7640 setup from the control panel of the printer.
- Click on fax setup and Preferences.
- Scroll the display, and then click on Fax Volume.
- Tap Soft, Loud, or Off.
HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing Windows and Mac
HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing For Windows
Formulate your printer so that both sides of the page need to be printed. By employing the steps, modify the settings in the print driver and invert the pages, based on your printer model.
Steps to perform duplex printing:
You need to make use of the duplex settings in the driver software to print on two sides of the paper.
- Evade page ordering issues by stuffing the input tray with enough fresh sheets to finish your job wholly.
- Choose File from the document that you need to print and then choose Print.
- Your Envy 7640 printer is selected from the list, then pick Printer Properties or Preferences, or HP Envy 7640 setup, based on the prompts on the screen.
- If you are able to view Printing shortcuts tab, then choose the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option, if obtainable.
- If you are unable to view Printing shortcuts tab or a duplexing shortcut, select the Layout, Features, or Finishing tab, based on the option that displays for your Latest.
- If you want to do double-sided printing in HP Envy 7640 Printer, then search for the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided Printing menu or option, then choose either binding or page flip option, based on your desire. Select according to how you want-either as a booklet or a tablet.
- Select Ok, and then tap Print. After selecting the Print option, your printer starts printing. If it assists duplex printing it will print on both sides by inverting mechanically. Then there is no need to proceed with the following steps.
- If duplex printing is not supported, then after printing the first sides, the printer expels the sheets out. Tap the bunch of paper on a uniform surface to arrange it.
- To print on the next side, insert the first side printed pages into the feeder tray. Inserting the sheets is based on where your input tray is located either at the front or rear.
- For hind loading printers, invert the pages so that the printed side will be facing down, and insert the lowermost short edge into the printer.
- For front loading printers, place the stack printed side facing up for Inkjets or facing down for LaserJets by the bottom edge into the printer or the top edge into the printer.
- Tap Continue.
HP Envy 7640 Duplex Printing For Mac
You need to make use of the duplex settings in the HP Envy 7640 driver software to print on two sides of the paper.
- Evade page ordering issues by stuffing the input tray with enough fresh sheets to finish your job wholly.
- Tap File in the document that you need to print, and then choose Print.
No prompt gets screened, then Show Details.
- Your HP Envy 7640 Setup printer is chosen in the Printer menu.
- Choose Paper Handling from the nameless menu in the midst of the window pane.
- In the Pages to Print menu, choose Odd Only.
- Based on the model of your printer, choose either of the settings from the Page Order menu:
- Loading paper at rear side: Choose Automatic.
- Loading paper at front side: Choose Reverse.
- Select Print.
- After the pages are printed completely, take out the extra sheets from the input tray, then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Procedure to print the next side
Once the first side of printing is done, then load the one side printed pages into the input tray. Change the settings under document print settings. The loading of pages again depends on the input tray type, select it according to whether you require a booklet or a tablet.
HP Envy 7640 Printer loading paper at rear side:
- Firstly decide how you are going to print the double-sided document as a booklet (invert pages along long edge) or like a tablet (invert pages along short edge).
- After printing the first sides, the HP Envy 7640 Setup expels the sheets out. Tap the bunch of paper on a uniform surface to arrange it. Again, to print the next side, insert the first side printed pages into the feeder tray.
- Do revert to the Print menu in the file, then choose Even Only from Pages to Print menu.
- Invert the pages so the printed side faces down, and insert them top edge down, for booklet reading.
- Invert the pages so the printed side faces down, and insert them with the top edge up for tablet reading.
- In the Page Order menu, choose Automatic.
- Tap Print.
HP Envy 7640 Printer loading pages on the front side:
- Firstly decide how you are going to print the double-sided document either like a booklet (invert pages along long edge) or like a tablet (invert pages along short edge).
- After printing the first sides the HP Envy 7640 Setup printer expels the sheets out, then tap the bunch of paper on a uniform surface to arrange it. To print the next side, insert the first side printed pages into the input feeder tray.
- Insert the pages with printed side facing up and the top edge must go into the printer for booklet reading.
- Insert the pages with printed side facing up and the bottom edge must go into the printer for tablet reading.
- Revert to the Print menu in the file, then choose Even Only from Pages to Print menu.
- In the Page Order menu, choose Normal.
- Tap Print.
Mobile Printing Solutions using HP Envy 7640 Printer
Know more about the mobile printing solutions that function with your printer.
For steps about Set up and how to use HP ePrint click on the setup link.
Printing your desired photos, documents, web pages, emails all by using the app, or print from cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive. Wherever the document may be, it is mandatory to have an active Internet access with your network-connected HP Envy 7640 Setup. For steps on How to use to print using the HP ePrint app click on the procedure.
All-in-One Printer Remote App:
By employing the HP AiO Printer Remote app, you can print, scan, and capture photos and documents from your Android and Apple iOS mobile devices.The HP AiO Printer Remote app is used on your smartphone or tablet to enable connection from your printer to your HP Envy 7640 wireless setup network. Have a glimpse at the procedures mentioned on our website.
Printing from Chrome:
The HP 7640 Printer and the device from which you are going to print from are connected over the same network. Then you can print from your Chromebook, Chrome device, or any Chrome browser to HP printer. Printing is done via a local network and there is no need for your printer to be Google Cloud Print-enabled. For steps on How to use to print using the chrome click on the link.
Print Service Plugin for Android Devices:
With your HP Envy 7640 setup printer you can print securely once you are activated with the HP Print Service Plugin, this is a built-in printing solution for Android smartphones and tablets. As with Nexus 5, on most of the Android 4.4 or later devices, this comes with the HP Print Service Plugin pre-installed. In case the HP Print Service Plugin is not installed already on your mobile device, then directly go to the Google Play Store and HP Envy 7640 Setup installation the HP Print Service Plugin from there.
HP Print Service Plugin for Kindle Devices:
Print privately on many network-connected printers that uses the HP Print Service Plugin, this is a built-in printing solution for Android and Kindle smartphones and tablets. This built-in print solution is readily installed on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) mobile devices, like the HP Slate 7 tablet and the Samsung Galaxy S4, and on Fire OS 3.0 (Mojito) devices, as like the Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets.
Wireless Setup for Direct Connection:
The wireless direct connection is established between your Envy 7640 printer and laptop or mobile device to print. Go to HP wireless Direct printing for the steps to carry over printing.
Using Apple AirPrint:
You can print from many apps HP Envy 7640 Setup installation on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. For that, what you need to do is click on the Print option from the action symbol to a HP Envy 7640 Setup printer connected to the same Wifi network.For further clarifications, click on printing with Apple AirPrint.
Google Cloud Print:
Have an account in Google or else register using Google’s cloud-based printing service by using the Chrome browser to print ubiquitously.
For more details, look at the steps for Using Google Cloud Print. You can also refer to HP Envy 7640 troubleshooting tips for clarifications.
Mopria Print Service:
Most of the HP Envy 7640 support the Mopria Print Service and this is a standard service in mobile printing. The Mopria Print Service is activated on your Android mobile device so that you can print over a HP Envy 7640 wireless setup network or through a direct wireless connection to the HP printer.
You can directly go to Steps for how to Print with Mopria Print Service (Android) and then enjoy with printing
NFC Touch-to-Print for your Printer:
If you have enabled Near field communication (NFC) touch-to-print then you can print from your Android mobile device directly to your NFC-capable HP Envy 7640 printer without linking to a local network or establishing a connection to the Internet.
Print using Samsung Print Service Plugin:
From your Android smartphone or tablet, you can print your required photos, documents, web pages, and emails to your network-connected HP printer by using the Samsung Print Service Plugin, this is a cost-free app that is readily available in the Google Play Store.
Click the procedure to know more about how to Print using Samsung Print Service Plugin
Print using Wi-Fi Direct:
Without linking to a local network or connecting to the Internet, your HP Printer can be enabled direct HP Envy 7640 wireless setup connection using Wi-Fi Direct. This Wi-Fi direct technology is the same as the Bluetooth feature, but it employs Wi-Fi to work at longer distances and quicker speeds.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct steps can be referred here to know more about the procedures.
Print from Windows 10 Mobile:
You can print from your Windows 10 mobile phone on your HP Envy 7640 Setup printer directly by using the built-in printing solution. For more information about Print with Windows 10 Mobile, click on the link.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Google Cloud Print Setup
Google Cloud Print technology lets you print over the web ubiquitously. Establish a connection between the mobile device and the HP Envy 7640 setup printer over the same HP Envy 7640 wireless setup network and this prints the essential documents or photos from your printer.
Step 1: Signing up with Google Cloud Print on the HP printer
By using Chromebook or the Chrome browser on the computer, get your HP Envy 7640 Setup listed on Google Cloud Print.
- Prior to registering the printer with Google Cloud Print, ensure that you have the following requirements.
- Your computer OS is compatible with Cloud print.
- Your computer has Chrome installed.
- Connect your HP Envy 7640 Setup printer and the system to the same HP Envy 7640 wireless setup network.
- Power on your printer and log into your Google account.
- Select Settings in Chrome and then tap Show Advanced Settings.
- Browse Google Cloud Print and tap on Manage, wait for the list of available printers on the network.
- Check for the printer status, if it is detected then click on Register. Stay till the confirmation page gets printed.
- If the printer is registered already, then it will not be listed. To verify the list of printers registered on Google Cloud, click on Manage.
- If your printer is not listed, the network connection needs to be inspected on the printer.
Step 2: Print a document from your mobile phone directly to the printer
Printouts can be taken from Google Cloud Print from your mobile device.
Sign in to your Google account, open Google Cloud Print jobs.
- Select Print and then click Upload File. Choose Select a File from My computer.
- Select your printer, change the settings and then click on the Print option.
Print from email or web page:
Print emails or web pages from your Chromebook/computer operating system.
- Log in to your google account and the required email or web page is accessed.
- Choose menu symbol and then tap Print.
- Fix a destination and tap on Change.
- Choose your Envy 7640 printer model from Google Cloud Print.
- Changes are made according to your needs and choose Print option.
Print the Google Drive document:
- Log into the Google account and then start the drive on your system.
- The file you need to print is selected.
- Select your HP Envy 7640 printer and modify the settings as needed and then tap Print.
Print from your smartphone that working under 4.4 version or further:
- By employing Google Play Store, download and installation Cloud Print and tap on Back.
- Select Settings More Networks More Settings Printing.
- Choose Print from the list which is displayed in the image.
- More settings option.
- Choose Cloud Print, the desired image or document is opened and print with Cloud Print.
- Choose Print and then select Google Print. Choose your HP Envy 7640 Setup printer and then modify the settings as per your requirement.
Attain a print job from Apple device:
The Google app to print is installation from your Apple device.
- Select Drive on your device, and then access My Drive.
- The required documents are opened using Drive and then choose Print- Google Cloud Print option.
- Alter the print settings as required and print a document directly from Drive.
Print a Gmail document:
- Access the Gmail inbox. The mail that needs to be printed is chosen.
- Tap on the menu symbol, click on Print and choose your HP Envy 7640 setup printer.
- Update the settings as required and then Print.
Web pages printing:
- The browser is started, the required web page is opened and then click on the menu symbol.
- Select the Action button and then tap Print -> Google Cloud Print. You need to pick the action that has to be performed.
- Action symbol
- Print symbol
- Print window pane
- Select your HP Envy 7640 Setup printer, update the settings and then tap Print.
- Pick Google Cloud Print from the window. Go to Google Cloud Print settings window.