EASY AND QUICK HP OFFICEJET 5746 FAX SETUP GUIDANCE
Faxing is the procedure of using a fax machine or fax capable HP Officejet 5746 Setup printer to scan a document and then send a copy of that document via a landline (telephone) connection to another fax-capable device. The fax machine then prints out the recognized document.
How to Fax on HP Officejet 5746
- An active telephone landline and ink cartridges are required.
- Mount white paper in the input tray.
- Take it off the telephone cord and the adapter are provided in the box.
- Eliminate the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the HP Officejet 5746 fax setup printer.
- Release your answering machine phone cord from the phone socket, and then link the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- Connect one end of the phone cord that came in the box with the printer to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the back of the printer.
- Click on Fax from the control panel of the printer.
- Click on Setup Wizard to install your HP Officejet 5746 setup printer for faxing.
- The default fax settings that is on your HP Oj5746 printer might be all you need to send and receive faxes. To review the basic fax settings and make any adjustments go to the next step.
- Click on fax from the control panel of the printer.
- Scroll up on the display, click on Setup, and then tap Tools.
- Click Test Fax.
- Evaluate the HP Officejet 5746 fax setup Fax Test Report.
How to Copy on HP Officejet 5746
- Switch on the printer.
- Mount the original document or photo on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Click on copy icon from the control panel of the printer by following How to Copy on HP Officejet 5746.
- Scroll to the desired number of copies, or tap the keypad icon, and then input a number.
- Click on the Settings icon, and then stipulate desired advanced copy settings:
- Tray and Paper: Ensure that the input tray is loaded with paper.
- Resize: Ensure the size of the image fit to the page and custom it by increasing or decreasing the image. The brightness of the image can be adjusted by just one click on touch OK.
- To return to the copy screen click on OK.
- To start the copy job click on Start black or start colora after HP Officejet 5746 fax setup.