How to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer?
It is an Ink-jet color HP DJ2541 Setup. It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 1000 pages. It offers scan to folder, HP AutoWireless Connect, Wireless direct printing, and HP Auto-on/Auto-Off Technology. The control panel features an On button, Cancel Button, Wireless status light and button, Wireless Direct status light and button, Start Copy Black button, Start Copy Color button, Attention light and a Control Panel Display that shows the number of copies, media error and wireless status, then go through how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer guide. HP recommends a monthly volume of 300 – 400 pages. It uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology. It operates with 2 cartridges. It supports AirPrint.
First Time Dj2541 Printer Setup
The printer setup involves a number of stages. These are unpacking the printer, removing the packing material, connecting to a power source, loading paper into the input tray, and inserting and aligning the ink cartridges.
- Unpack the printer. Take out all packing materials from the exterior and the interior of the printer. Ensure that all shipping restraints are removed. Connect the printer to a power source with the help of the power cord. Push the power button to switch on the printer.
- Lift the input tray. Close the output tray. Draw out the tray extender. Place a stack of paper into the input tray. Push the stack into the tray until it halts. Glide the paper width guide inward until it halts against the edge of the paper.
- Draw open the cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the center of the printer. Once the printer is quiet and inactive, proceed with further how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer steps. Install the new cartridge and align the cartridges. Install the printer software and driver to complete the installation.
Fixing up your printer on a network with apple airport
You can fix the USB cable to the HP DJ2541 Setup and to the USB port of the AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station. Choose the Apple menu, and then choose System Preferences. Choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan. Choose the plus sign, and then choose Deskjet 2541. Choose Add.
I can print with the airport, but I cannot scan. How do I scan?
Some of the steps required to resolve this issue, involve restarting the computer. It is advised that you bookmark this page, so that you can refer to it after restarting the computer.
Step 1 : Uninstall the Printer Software
- Go to your printer’s HP folder.
- Open the Uninstall or HP Uninstaller folder.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to uninstall the printer software, and then reboot the computer when the uninstaller prompts.
Step 2 : Download and Install the Software
- Switch on the Printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, detach the cable from the printer.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software from us. Follow the on-screen how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer instructions to complete the installation.
How to Monitor Ink Levels on HP Deskjet 2541 Printer?
- Checking ink levels helps you be prepared to change the ink in case it falls low.
- If you are getting poor print quality, then checking the ink levels is one way of understanding the cause of the poor performance of the printer.
Monitor from Control Panel
If your printer comes with a control panel display, find the ink drop or cartridge icon or an Ink levels menu to check the status of each cartridge. If your printer does not provide a control panel display, follow the steps below.
Monitor from Windows
- Switch on the printer and make sure it is in a ready state and is connected to the computer.
- Search Windows for HP, and then choose HP DJ2541 Setup from the list of results.
- If HP Solution Center appears in the results, choose Open HP Solution Center.
- The estimated ink or toner display on the home windows of the printer software.
Monitor from Mac
- For Mac, switch on the printer and ensure that it is in a ready state and is connected to the computer.
- In the menu bar, choose the Apple icon, and then choose System Preferences. Choose Printer and Scanner, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan.
- Choose Deskjet 2541, choose Option and Supplies, and then choose the Supply levels tab. You should be able to view the ink levels.
Monitor through HP apps
You can also check ink levels with the HP Print and Scan Doctor or for Windows and the HP Smart app for Windows 10, Android and iOS.
Replacing the Ink Cartridges for HP Deskjet 2541
The following how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer instructions tell you how to replace the ink cartridges:
- Push the power button to switch on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Place plain white paper into the input tray.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to access area. Once the carriage stops moving, proceed further.
- Push down the cartridge to free it, and then take the cartridge out of its slot. Unpack the new cartridge, and then peel the orange tab to detach the plastic tape.
- Grab the cartridges by its sides with nozzles pointing toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its designated slot according to its color.
- Push the cartridge toward the printer until it clicks into position. If required, repeat these steps to replace the other cartridge.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Follow the on-screen instructions. The alignment page automatically prints.
- Load the alignment page in the scanner according to the inscriptions near the scanner glass and press Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button on the printer’s control panel. The printer aligns the cartridges.
Printing with Wireless Direct
HP Wireless direct offers a direct wireless connection to your Deskjet 2541 without joining a local network or connecting to the internet. When you enable HP Wireless direct on your Deskjet 2541, you can securely print documents or photos from most Wi-Fi capable devices.
How to print from mobile device with Wireless Direct
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the HP Wireless direct icon.
- To set a password to access the printer, choose On or On with Security. Gather the Security Passcode, and then tap OK.
- On the mobile device, go to Settings, select Wi-Fi, and then choose HP Print-XX [your printer model name] from the list of displayed networks.
- If required, enter the security passcode from the printer’s control panel. Access the photo or document you wish to print, and then tap Print from the app menu or the action menu.
- Choose Deskjet 2541 from the list of the displayed printer, and then select Print. Plug the mobile to your normal wireless network after the print job completes.
How to print from a computer with Wireless Direct?
- Ensure that the printer driver is installed on the computer. On the printer’s control panel, tap the HP wireless direct icon. To protect the printer’s connection, choose On or On with Security. Make sure to write down the security passcode, and then tap OK.
- On the computer, choose the wireless icon, and then choose HP-Print-XX [your printer model name] from the list of displayed networks.
- If asked, provide the security passcode from the printer’s control panel. Open the file that you wish to print, and then choose File, and then Print.
- Choose HP DJ2541 Setup from the list of available printer, and then choose Print. Connect the computer to your normal wireless network after the print job finishes.
How to install the printer driver on a computer using wireless direct connection?
In order to get the best out of your printer, it is necessary to download and install your printer driver and software. HP Wireless Direct is an easy and direct way to connect to your printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap the HP Wireless direct icon, navigate to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu and touch Wireless Direct, and then tap on the connection.
- To set a password to access the printer, choose On or On with security. Make not of the security password, and then tap OK.
- On the computer or laptop, choose the wireless icon, and then choose HP-Print XX-[your printer model name] from the list of available networks.
- If asked, enter the security passcode from the printer’s control panel. Insert the CD into the computer or run the HP Printer Driver and Software for you Deskjet 2541.
- If required, choose the Wireless connection option, then choose the name of your printer to finish the driver installation.
- Once the installation completes, connect to your normal wireless network .
USB Scanner Connection Error (Windows & Mac)
If you try to scan and your receive a scan connection error, use the how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer steps below to resolve the issue.
- Reset the printer. Switch off the printer. Ensure that the printer’s power cord is not plugged to a surge protector or power strip. Exit all running applications on your computer, and then shut down the computer. Switch off the computer. Switch on the printer. Attempt to scan.
- Try to reconnect the USB cable or try connecting to a different USB port. Detach from a USB hub or docking station. Do not use a cable longer than 3 meters in length. If there are several USB connected devices, disconnect USB devices that are not in use. The computer may not have sufficient power to detect them all.
- On the Desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to access the tool. Choose Start on the Welcome Screen. Choose Deskjet 2451, and then choose Next. Choose Fix scanning. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen, examine the list of actionable results. If you receive an instruction to resolve the issue, follow the steps on-screen and then attempt to scan.
- Search Mac for Print, and then choose any one of the following: Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanner in the results window. Examine if Deskjet 2541 appears in the Printers list. If the printer is not mentioned, select the plus sign, choose Add Printer or Scanner, choose HP DJ2541 Setup, and then continue with step 3.
- If the printer is mentioned, remove and re-add the printer to approve communication and to confirm that the appropriate driver is used. Choose Deskjet 2541, select the minus sign, then delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, select the plus sign, choose Add Printer or Scanner, choose Deskjet 2541, then choose HP 2541, then proceed with the remaining steps.
- Choose the Use or Print Using box, then choose Deskjet 2541 in the pop-up menu. Choose Add to add the printer to the list. Exit the how to Configure HP Deskjet 2541 Printer system preferences window. Attempt to scan.