How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer?
The HP OJ Pro 8210 Printer is one economically affordable single-function color inkjet business printer. It has a spectacular output quality and a good range of connectivity choices. Connectivity options include USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct. HP’s ePrint mobile app helps with printing emails and attachments for knowing How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer. This model has a 250-sheet input tray and 2-inch monochrome graphics display. The display is surrounded by navigation buttons, making operating this machine easy enough. The print speed is 22 pages per minute for black-and-white pages and 18ppm for color pages. This model is the fastest among the admittedly large sample of color inkjets.
The text quality delivered by this model matches the output delivered by laser printers. Graphics quality is clean and well delineated. This model does a great job of printing images in larger layouts, such as flyers or business reports. It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of 30,000 and a recommended monthly page volume of up to 1,500 sheets. This model comes with HP Instant Ink which can help you save up to 70% on ink. The other mobile connectivity options are AirPrint and Google Cloud Print. It supports duplex printing and has low running cost. It is an attractive and a good overall single-function printer for its price.
Driver and Manual Download for HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer
- Once you receive your printer from freight, the first step is to unbox your printer. You will find the user manual and installation CD in the printer package for How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer. Connect the power cord of your printer to the wall outlet and power up your printer.
- Select your preferred language on the control panel of your printer and then click continue. Load enough paper into the input tray and adjust the paper width guides. Open the cartridge access door and install the cartridges.
- If you misplace the instruction guide, download the same from our website. Go through the user guide completely and then begin the driver installation. Make sure you have downloaded the user guide written for your printer model.
- Turn on your computer and the printer. Search Windows for Devices and Printers and select Add a Printer. In the Add Printer window, click Add a Local Printer. In Choose a Printer Port screen, select Use an Existing Port.
- Click the Use an Existing Port drop-down list and choose the printer port. The Install the Printer Driver window will open. Select HP as the manufacturer and under Printers, choose the compatible driver for your printer.
- If the driver for your HP OJ Pro 8210 Printer is not in the list of printers, then click Windows Update to list out additional print drivers. Select the right driver and click Next. The Type a Printer Name window will open.
- The Printer name text box will display the name of the printer you have chosen. If you want, you can type a different name. After the installation, the Printer Sharing screen might open. If required, make selections for sharing your printer.
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click your printer icon. Select Printer Properties and choose the Ports tab. Change the port according to the connectivity option you chose during the installation.
How To Refill Ink Cartridges on HP 8210 Printer?
- First, locate the cartridge with the low level of ink. Press the ink icon on the printer’s control panel and the estimated ink levels will be displayed. You can also view the ink level on the HP software that is installed on your computer.
- Replace or refill the cartridges that are low on the ink level or empty. If you want to replace the cartridge, then locate the correct cartridge number. The cartridge number can be found inside the cartridge access door.
- If you want to refill the cartridge, then buy an ink refill kit. Open the HP OJ Pro 8210 Printer ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridges from their slots. Use a damp, lint-free cloth and wipe the electrical contacts on the cartridge.
- Place the cartridge on a paper towel and locate the ink refill holes on the cartridge. Fill the syringe in the refill kit with ink, slowly insert the syringe into the refill hole and refill the cartridge.
- Make sure that you do not overfill the ink cartridge. Seal the refill holes after refilling the ink, and then replace the cartridge in the holder. If you would like to replace a new cartridge, remove all the packaging material from the cartridge.
- Slide the refilled or new cartridge into the slot under the opened lid. The tri-color cartridge should be placed in the left slot and the black cartridge should be placed in the right slot. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Open the printer software that is installed on your computer. Select Print & Scan, and then choose the Maintain Your Printer option to access the Printer Toolbox. In Printer Toolbox window, select Align Ink Cartridges on the Device Services tab.
- Aligning the cartridges will ensure high-quality output. If there is a problem with the cartridge, identify and replace that cartridge. It is always recommended use genuine HP cartridges. HP is manufacturing cartridges with chips these days.
- The presence of the chips in the cartridges helps the printer evaluate the level of ink in the cartridges. If a cartridge is low or empty, the chip will notify the same to the printer. The printer will ignore this cartridge as it has expired.
- This makes it impossible to refill and use the cartridges. Open the Settings window on your printer’s control panel. Select the option Clean Printhead under the Tools tab. The printer will clean the printhead and a test page will be printed by going through the How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer procedure.
- Check the print quality of the test page. If the quality is not good, touch Clean Again. Try all the above steps and if you still feel that the print quality is not good, then service your printer.
How to Troubleshoot HP OJ PRO 8210 Printer?
Refer our instruction guide to troubleshoot various printer issues. Download user manual free of cost from our website and follow the How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer instructions given to fix different types of problems. The basic troubleshooting step to fix any issue is to update the driver and the last resort is to reset the printer settings. The top printing snags are the ink cartridge is empty, paper jam, printing takes too long, printer prints a blank page, the printer won’t print, copy and connection issues. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several issues.
Why HP 8210 Printer Wont Connect to Network During Setup?
- Make sure your printer is connected to the network via Ethernet or wireless. Turn off the Airplane mode on your computer and then connect to your network. Make sure both the frequency bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) are enabled and broadcasting and repeat the How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer steps.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord from your printer. Close all running applications on your computer and then shut down your computer. Turn on your printer and computer. Open HP Solution Center. Check the connection status in Scan Settings.
- Open the System Properties window and select the System Protection tab. Type a name for the restore point and then click Create. Open the Command Prompt window and then choose Run as administrator. Type the command netsh int tcp show global, and then press Enter.
- Select the Network adapters option in the Device Manager window. Right-click the name of the wireless connection and then select the option Update driver. Choose the option that automatically searches for Updated Driver Software.
- When an updated driver is located, follow the on-screen prompts to update it. If the update is not successful, then uninstall the HP OJ Pro 8210 Printer driver from the system’s control panel. Restart the computer and download the updated driver.
How to Fix Officejet Pro 8210 Reset Problem?
- Turn on your printer and disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer. Also, unplug the cord from the wall outlet. Wait for a minute and then reconnect the power cord. Wait for your printer to automatically power back on.
- If the printer doesn’t turn on, then press the Power button to turn it on. Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Remove the ink cartridges and again reinstall the same. Make sure that the cartridges perfectly snap into their place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your printer. An error message will be displayed that the printer is not connected. Reconnect the USB cable to the back of your printer.
- Check if a pop up is displayed that the printer is connected to your system. Check out the control panel of your printer and choose Menu. Select Reset All Menu Settings or Tools followed by Restore factory defaults.
- Your printer will restore its original factory settings. Check if your driver software is up-to-date. If not, get the printer driver updated. If there is an error, uninstall the driver. Open Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Select your driver software and get it uninstalled. Restart your computer and then open a browser. Go to the driver download page and choose the driver software for your printer. Click Download and follow the How to Configure HP Officejet Pro 8210 Printer prompts to get the software installed.