How to do HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup?
- The HP HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup is a wide format, All-in-One printer. The ability to handle tabloid-size pages will allow you to create four-page letter-size booklets, as well as spreadsheets twice the width of the standard letter-size paper.
- The printer’s maximum monthly duty cycle is 30,000 pages and the recommended monthly page limit is 250 to 1,500 pages. The Officejet Pro 7740 has a single-pass automatic document feeder and a wide range of mobile and cloud connectivity features.
- Its stylish design is a work of art. The black-on-white color scheme and sleek lines make it look classy and fancy at the same time. The connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB.
- The mobile-connectivity support on this model consists of Apple AirPrint, Mopria, Wireless Direct, HP ePrint, and Google Cloud Print. You can print or scan over the Internet using e-mail as the conduit with HP ePrint.
- The scanner in this ADF is built around the scan mechanism that scans one side, pulls the page back into the ADF and then scans the other. The cost per page of this model is calculated to be less and the print quality is high. This HP OfficejetPro7740 Printer model is loaded with features, prints fast and it will serve you very well.
Scan To Email
Scan to the email from the printer’s control panel
- Make sure that your printer and your computer are connected either on a wireless network or through a USB cable. Open the lid of the scanner glass. Load the document to be scanned on the scanner glass with the print side facing down.
- Close the lid of the scanner glass. Touch the option Scan that is found on the printer’s control panel. Preview the scanned document and open the settings window. Change the scan settings or resolution if required.
- Select the destination (Scan to email) by touching the Email option and enter the email address to which you want to send the scanned document. Select the OK button and then click Scan.
Scan to email from the printer software on your computer
- Search Windows for your printer’s software. Select your HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup’s name from the list of results. In the printer software, choose the Print & Scan tab, and then click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the type of scan (Scan to Email) that you want from the shortcut menu and then click Scan. Select Show Scan Preview option to make adjustments to the scanned image on the preview screen.
- Choose the option Save if you would like to keep the HP OfficejetPro7740 Printer application open for another Scan. Choose Done to exit the process. When the scan is saved, the directory window will open where the scan is saved.
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Driver and Manual download
STEP 1: The driver software is required to initiate the printer operation. After assembling the printer hardware, it is necessary to install the latest version of the printer driver. Before installing the driver software, go through the user manual.
STEP 2: If you do not have one, then download the same from our website. The instruction guide for each printer model is unique. Reading the complete instruction guide will help you set up your printer and fix most printer issues.
STEP 3: When you purchase a printer you will also receive a software installation CD which can be used to install the driver software. Unwrap the CD from its package and place it on the disc drive. Make sure the setup CD is not damaged.
STEP 4: Close the driver and a window will pop up. Select View the Contents and double-click the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup file. Click Run and the installation will begin. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation steps.
STEP 5: The driver can also be downloaded from our website. Search for your printer model and choose your system’s operating system. Click the Download button and the setup file will be downloaded. You can locate this file in the Downloads folder.
STEP 6: If you use a Windows computer, the file which is saved will be in .exe format. If you use a Mac computer, the file which is saved will be in .dmg format. Double-click to Open the File and select the Run option to begin the installation.
STEP 7: You will be able to choose the connectivity type. You can also select the type of installation -Custom or Easy Installation. It is recommended to install all the features of the application, so select HP OfficejetPro7740 Printer Easy Installation.
STEP 8: Do not restart or close the installation window, until it is prompted. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. If you have any queries regarding the driver installation, give us a call at our toll-free number.
When your printer doesn’t work, the first thing that you can do is to go through the user manual. The manual will guide you to resolve the issue. The manual will be provided with your printer or can be downloaded from our website. You can also follow the instructions provided on our website to resolve the printer issue. Reset the printer settings which is the last step to resolve any printer issue. If the issue is still present, uninstall the printer software, restart the computer and re-install the driver software. You can also try to reset the printer. Turn on your printer and disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer. Unplug the power cord from the power source and wait for few minutes. Reconnect the power cable to your printer and power source. The device will turn on automatically and will be reset to factory setting. Check if you are still getting the error message. Doing this will fix most printer related issues, but you will have to reconfigure all the printer settings. Try to print a sample document to check the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setupr’s performance.
Fixing Poor Print Quality
- Load paper into the main tray. The printable side of the sheet should face up in the sheet feeder. On your printer’s control panel, click Align Printhead. An alignment page will be printed. You can evaluate the print quality from this page.
- Check if the ink icon light is flashing, then check the estimated ink level. Replace or refill the ink cartridge that is low in ink level. Make sure that the Paper Type selected in the printer software is appropriate for the type of paper loaded in the printer.
- Make sure that you are using an acceptable paper type. Make sure the paper used is not damaged or wrinkled. You can check the specifications for more information. Place the printer on a flat and stable surface. Clean the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth.
- Check the cartridge unit. Uninstall the cartridges from the printer. Clean the contacts on the cartridge and inside the cartridge slot with a damp, lint-free cloth. Remove the printhead from the cartridge assembly and clean it with a wet paper towel.
- Make sure the dried ink is removed from the printhead nozzles. Reinstall the printhead and cartridges into the HP OfficejetPro7740 Printer carriage. Now, the printer will automatically print an alignment page. Check if the print quality has improved.
Printhead Problem Error
- Check if there is a defective cartridge or printhead, as they can be replaced if they fall under the warranty period. Remove the cartridge which is defective and replace it with a new cartridge. Turn on the printer and lift the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed. Remove the cartridges from their slots and inspect the contacts for any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles. Remove the protective tape from the contacts, if necessary.
- Wipe the copper contacts on the ink cartridges and on the inside of the cartridge slots with a dry swab until no debris remains on them. Place the cartridges on a paper towel. Remove the printhead from the carriage.
- Pour warm, filtered water into a container that has a stack of paper towels arranged in its base. Drop the printhead into the container and wait for few minutes. The clogged ink will dissolve and the printhead nozzles will be cleared.
- Remove the printhead from the container and place it on a paper towel. Repeat the same procedure to clean the other printhead. Make sure you wind up the procedure within 30 minutes. Replace the HP Officejet Pro 7740 Printer Setup printheads and cartridges into their appropriate slots and close the cartridge access door.