How to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup?
The OJPRO8710 Printer Setup delivers professional-quality color at 50% lower cost per page than lasers. It allows you to print high-volume jobs and provides dynamic security. It is recommended for use only with cartridges that use an authentic chip. It offers fast two-sided printing, copying, and scanning help you fly through tasks, go through below for how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup in great detail.
How to Perform Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup?
Setting up your printer involves, removing the printer from the box, detaching shipping restraints, connecting the printer to a power source, place paper into the input tray, install the ink cartridges and install the printer software.
You can download the full feature printer driver from us. If you are a windows user, your file will be in a .exe format. If you are a Mac, your file will be in .dmg format.
The User Guide provides pertinent information about setting up, using and installing your OfficeJet pro 8710. It is designed to be brief, unambiguous, and offer instructions in clear terms.
First Time Printer setup for Officejet Pro 8710
- Unpack the printer from the box. Take out all tape and packing material from the exterior of the printer or follow the how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup guide, and then take the film from the printer control panel. Raise the scanner lid, remove all the packing material and shut the scanner lid.
- Fix the power cord to the back of the printer, and then fix the other end of the power cord into a wall outlet. Switch on the printer and select your preferences in the printer’s control panel and choose Yes to approve your choices.
- Draw out the input tray and then take out the packing materials. Place blank white paper into the input tray with the short edge forward and the print side down. Push the stack into into the tray until it halts. Move the paper width guides in until they recline against the edges of the paper. Push in the input tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Once the carriage is quiet and inactive before you proceed. Peel the tape on the ink cartridges. Make sure to hold the cartridge only by the black plastic region.
- Press the cartridge into its slot by pressing it forward with the color circle pointing toward you. Place the ink cartridge in its designated slot according to its color. Shut the ink cartridge access door. The printer aligns the print head, and then an alignment page prints by itself.
Wired Network Setup on Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
Setting up a wired network is one of the modes for connecting to your printer to your computer. You will need a network router and a computer that offers an Ethernet port.
Officejet Pro 8710 Wired Network Setup on Windows
- Ensure that you have a network router with Ethernet ports available. Ensure you computer is connected to the router, switch, or hub, if it is not already plugged in. Gather an Internet cable. Make sure that you do not use a normal telephone cable.
- Switch on the Printer. Pull out any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet Port on the back of the OJPRO8710 Printer Setup. Fix the Ethernet cable to the printer port, and then fix the other end of the cable to an available port on the network router.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software from our website. When required choose Wired Network as the connection type.
Officejet Pro 8710 Wired Network Setup on Mac
- Prior to installing the driver, make sure that your router and Ethernet cable are functional. Ensure that your computer is connected to the router, if it is not connected beforehand. Collect an Ethernet cable. Make sure that your are not using a normal telephone cable. A telephone cable is narrow and has between two and six wires, whereas the Ethernet cable is wide and has eight wires.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Detach any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port in the back of the printer. Fix the Ethernet Cable to the printer port, and then attach the other end of the cable to an available port for knowing how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup on the network router.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software from us. When prompted choose Wired Network. If you are required to add the printer to the printer queue, choose Officejet 8710, select Use or Print using menu, choose OfficeJet 8710 in the pop-up menu, and then choose Add. Go back to the Installer to finish the installation.
Wireless Network Setup for Officejet Pro 8710
A Wireless network allows you to connect to your computer without using any physical cable. It ensures a clutter free work space. You will be able to use the printer from anywhere as long as your are in the range of your network’s router.
OJPRO 8710 Windows Wireless network Setup
- Collect the Network name and password for knowing to do how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup. The password might also be referred to as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase. Connect your computer to your wireless network.
- Ensure that you have stable internet connectivity. Ensure that your computer, router and printer are powered up. Place the computer and printer in the ambit of the router. Detach any USB Cables from the OJPRO8710 Printer Setup.
- From the Home Screen on the printer’s control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard and then select the Wireless icon.
- Select the Setup Icon. Select Wireless Setting,s and then Select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the name of your network in the list of mentioned networks and then tap OK.
- If required, enter the WEP key or WPA key and then tap Done. A summary screen appears. Tap OK to return to the home screen.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver to complete the wireless network setup.
OJPRO 8710 Mac Wireless network Setup
- Collect your Network name and password. Make sure that your computer is connected to your wireless network. Ensure that your Internet connection is stable and reliable.
- Ensure that your router, printer and computer are powered up. The computer should be connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to. The computer and the printer must be in the range of the router. Detach any USB or Ethernet cables
- From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to access the Dashborad and then tap the Wireless icon. Tap the setup icon. Select Wireless Settings, and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard. Tap the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then tap OK.
- If required, enter the WEP or WPA key, and then tap Done. Download and Install the full feature Printer and software. When required, choose Add Printer to choose a printer queue on the Mac to create a print queue on the Mac.
- Choose how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup guide to know more or select the Use or Print Using menu, choose OfficeJet 8710 in the pop-up menu, and then choose Add. Go back to the Installer to complete the installation.
How to Print a document or photo on Officejet Pro 8710?
For printing documents, place blank paper in the tray. For printing photos, place photo paper into the main paper tray. Place your glossy or print side facing down.
For Windows, in the software you created the document in, choose File or the menu icon, then choose Print to open general prints settings. To alter more layout, quality and advance print configuration Choose Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window appears. Alter any settings, Choose OK, and then choose Print.
For Mac, you created the document, choose File, then choose Print. Choose OJPRO8710 Printer Setup from the Presets menu. Choose the unnamed menu in the middle of the window to choose different settings types, and then change any setting you wish to alter. After altering, choose Print.
For Windows, Right-click the photo you wish to print, choose Open with, then choose Windows Photo Viewer or Paint. Choose Print or Choose the File or the menu icon (Paint) and then choose Print to do how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup for printing documents.
The Print or Print Pictures window appears with general Print Job settings. Open the printer Document Properties window to access more layout, quality, color and advanced print configuration.
Alter the setting you wish to print, choose OK and then select Print. Remove any photo paper from the tray and store it to prevent it from getting damaged.
For Mac, Open the photo, choose File, and then choose Print. For the Photos app, choose a layout and select print. The print setting window opens. Click Print.
How to copy a document or photo?
The OJPRO8710 Printer Setup can deliver copies at 32 cpm (black) and 27 cpm (color) in draft mode. It offers a maximum resolution of 600 dpi for both black and color prints.
1. Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder, based on your printer type and features. Make sure not to place photos in the ADF to avert damage to the photos and the printer.
2. Select Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel and then choose Settings or the gear icon to alter advanced copy configuration.
3. Tap the start or go back to the copy screen by taping Back, and then tap Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.
How to scan using Software?
Know how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup also gives flatbed and ADF modes of scanning. You can scan the file to Bitmap, JPEG, PDF, PNG, Rich Text, Searchable PDF, Text and TIFF.
Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the full feature printer driver. Follow the on-screen instruction and choose the option that includes Scan.
Load the document or photo on the scanner glass or in the automatic Document Feeder, based on your printer model.
Do not load Photos in the ADF to avert damage to the photo and printer. Press the Scan button or the Scan menu from the OJPRO8710 Printer Setup’s control panel. Once the scan is completed, go back to the computer.
The folder the scan saved to automatically pops up. Choose the file with Scan in the name to view the scan.
Troubleshooting is the process of following a standard procedure to find and rectify a mistake that might be creating a problem. It is a structured way of trying to solve a problem.
If your OS indicates that your printer is offline, it means that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. This might occur if the printer is powered off or the USB cable connection gets detached. Try the how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup instructions below to rectify the issue.
Resetting power to the printer makes the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. This can help when the printer is not accepting communication from your computer.
Ensure that the printer is motionless and quiet, before proceeding. With the printer powered up, detach the power cord form the back of the printer. Detach the power cord from the wall outlet.
After one minute, fix the power cord to the rear of the printer. If the printer does not power up automatically, push the power button to switch it on.
USB Scanner Connection Error
Scan Options, An error occured while communicating with scanner, Computer not found, cannot communicate with scanner, No Computer Detected, Scanner could not be initialized, Scanner not found and The imaging device was not found are some of the errors that might indicate a problem with the USB connection. In such cases, try the step below.
Detach and attach the USB cable for the printer and the computer. If you have multiple USB ports on your computer, try connecting the OJPRO8710 Printer Setup to a different USB port than the one currently in use. Do not use a USB cable longer than 3 meters. Try using a different cable.
Switch off the printer. Ensure that the printer power cord connects directly to an electric outlet and not through a surge protector power strip. Shut all running programs on your computer, then shut down the computer. Switch on the computer. Switch on the printer. Attempt to scan if the error persists, move to the next how to do Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup step.