How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer?
For Knowing how to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer replaces the glossy veneer of the past with a modern matte paint job. It should easily fit into any office or home decor. A 50-page automatic document feeder resides on top of a single 250-sheet input tray.
The 4.3-inch touch color panel will make navigating through the How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer options a breeze. This printer provides a simple and clear menu system for navigating their functions. In addition to using a direct USB connection, you can also set up the printer on your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. You can use AirPrint feature to print from any iOS device without a driver software. This model also features ePrint technology. You can send jobs from any connected device to your printer using the e-mail address you assign to your printer. It has a duty cycle of 25000 pages per month. The print speed of this model is clocked at 5.7 pages per minute (ppm). Text, photo and graphics output are above par for an inkjet. It also claims a low running cost and economically affordable price. It has succeeded in building a fast, classy and reliable all-in-one imaging device. With its spread of convenient features, the OJPro 8600 Printer is a model that is high on demand.
Wireless Printer Setup
STEP 1: Open Windows and search for Network Connections. In the network connections window, right-click on the name of your network and check the status of your network. In the Status window, open Wireless Properties and click Show Characters or go through the How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer procedure.
STEP 2: The routers provided by your ISP will have a label on the bottom of the router. This label will contain the WPA/ WPA2 Password, WEP password, WPA key security passphrase. The name and password can be obtained from the manuals supplied by your ISP.
STEP 3: To locate the network password on your Mac, open the Keychain Access application. In the menu bar, select Utilities. Open the Keychain Access application and select the Local Items. Click on your wireless network name and then enable the Show password checkbox.
STEP 4: On your printer’s control panel, choose the Wireless icon and then click the Settings option. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard and then click OK. Your printer will browse and provide a list of accessible networks. Choose the name of your network and click OK.
STEP 5: If your network name is not provided in the list, then manually enter it. Select Enter New Network Name and then click OK. After you complete typing the network name, click Done. The OJPro 8600 Printer will now try to connect to your network.
STEP 6: If prompted, enter the network password. Download and install the driver software on your computer. During the installation, you will be prompted to choose the connectivity type, select Wireless and continue with the next steps to complete the setup.
STEP 7: If you have chosen USB as your connectivity type and want to change it, then search Windows for the printer software and select your printer’s name in the list of results. Select the option Tools in the top menu bar and choose Device Setup & Software.
STEP 8: Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. In a Mac computer, open the Applications window and select the folder. Select Utility and click the Wireless Setup tab to launch the utility for How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer.
How to download Printer driver and manual
- Go to the manual download page and enter your printer’s name. Select the User manual tab and then choose the type of operating system you have. Click the Download option and the instruction guide will be downloaded.
- You will be able to locate the downloaded file in the downloads folder. This will mostly be saved in PDF format. In order to make the entire printer operation process simple and easy, go through the user manual completely.
- Turn on your printer and computer. Insert the setup CD that came along with your printer package. A new window will pop-up. If it does not appear, then go to My Computer, double-click on the CD drive and run the Setup file.
- Follow the installation wizard and complete the driver installation. If you do not have the installation CD, then download the software for your printer from our website. Note down your printer’s name and model number.
- Search and select the driver software for your printer model. Choose the operating system of your computer and then click the Download option. Once the driver file is downloaded, run the How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer file to install the driver software.
- You can select the type of Installation and the connectivity. Agree to the license agreement and proceed to the next step. You can also download the driver software from Windows. Search Windows for Device Installation Settings.
- Open the Change Device Installation Settings window and in Device Installation Settings, select the Yes, Do This Automatically option. Click Save Changes. Connect your OJPro 8600 Printer to the same wireless or wired network as your computer.
- You can setup a wireless connection using the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer’s control panel. If you want to setup a USB connection, then connect the USB cable to your printer and computer. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Power up your printer and fill the paper tray with unused sheets. On your printer’s control panel, locate the manage supplies option and click Print Supplies Status. This will display the Estimated Ink Level or follow the How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer guide.
- You can replace the cartridge that is low in ink level. Use the handles on both the sides of the printer to lift the cartridge access door until it snaps into place. Wait until the carriage moves to the centre of the printer and becomes stationary.
- Raise the lid on the ink cartridge slot to remove the cartridge. Pull out the empty cartridge and place it on a paper towel.
- Do not remove the old cartridge from the printer until you have obtained a replacement. Otherwise, the ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out. Make sure that you don’t refill the cartridges.
- Using the IC chip on each cartridge the printer calculates the amount of ink remaining in the cartridge. Even if the cartridge is refilled, the printer won’t print as the ink refilled will not be recalculated.
- Unseal the new cartridge from its package. Discard the plastic tape from the cartridge and do not touch the nozzle or contact. Grasp the cartridge by its sides and insert the cartridge into the appropriate slot.
- Lower the lid on the ink cartridge slot. If necessary, repeat the same procedure to install the other cartridge. Shut down the cartridge access door. After the installation, an alignment page will be printed automatically by your OJPro 8600 Printer.
- Once it is printed, scan the same. Place it on the scanner bed and the printer will immediately scan the page. You can also print an alignment page using the software installed on your computer.
Officejet 8600 Printers Troubleshooting
Ink System Failure Error
- Make sure the cartridge used is compatible with your printer. Use genuine cartridge to avoid poor print quality. If you want to the level of the ink cartridges, then examine the estimated ink level.
- On your printer’s control panel, tap the Ink icon to view the existing ink levels. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to stop moving. Uninstall the cartridge that is low in ink level.
- Unwrap a new cartridge and remove the plastic pull tape. Insert the new cartridge into the carriage and place it into its appropriate slot. Close the cartridge access door. Load enough sheets of paper into the input tray.
- The printer will now print an alignment page. If the alignment page is not printed, then search for your printer software on your computer. You will have an option to manually print an alignment page. Click Print an Alignment Page for How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer.
- If the printer still doesn’t print the page, then open the cartridge access door and check the status of the cartridges. Make sure they are placed in the right slots and the packaging material is completely removed from the cartridges.
- On your printer’s control panel, select the Setup option. Click Tools and then select Clean Cartridges. Your printer will print a Print Quality Diagnostic report. If the print quality is not good, then proceed to the next level cleaning.
Scanner Not Working Issues
- First, press the Power button to turn the printer off. Unplug the power cord from the power source. The power cord should be directly plugged into the wall outlet. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- First, lift the paper output tray. Align a stack of paper by tapping it on a flat surface and load the paper into the input tray. On your printer’s control panel, touch the Setup option.
- Select Reports and then touch Print Quality Report. The printer will print the report. Examine the print quality report. If the print quality is not satisfactory, continue to the next How to Print using Officejet Pro 8600 Printer step.
- Press the Power button to turn off your printer. Disconnect the power cord from your printer. Lift the scanner lid and remove the original document. Spray mild glass cleaner on a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Clean the scanner glass with the damp cloth. Dry the scanner glass to prevent spotting. Thoroughly clean the scanner backing with the damp cloth. Now, use a dry, lint-free cloth to and clean the scanner glass and scanner backing.
- Close the scanner lid. Plug the power cord into the OJPro 8600 Printer and wall outlet. Turn on your printer. Lift the scanner lid. Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass. On your printer’s control, select Scan.