Instant Guide for Canon Printer Setup
How to Setup Canon Printer?
Setting up the Canon printer is performed after purchasing it. The main Canon Printer Setup procedure includes unboxing the printer, connecting the power cable, installing the ink tanks, inserting the duplexer tray if required, and installing the printer driver. After installing, it is necessary to connect the printer to a network via a wired or wireless. As the last step, try to print from the printer to test the connectivity. If the printing is successful and the print quality is satisfactory, access all the features of your printer.
How to Setup Wi-Fi on Canon Printer?
Recently launched Canon printers support Canon Wireless Printer Setup connectivity. You can either link the printer to a network using a CD or without it. There are multiple methods to establish the network connection. Learn the methods to establish the network connection by going with the steps given below.
How To Setup Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Without Cd?
- The initial step is to change the printer to an active state.
- On the display panel of the printer, tap Setup.
- Swipe your finger to the left to choose the Wireless LAN Setup.
- Tap OK and it detects the access points in its surroundings.
- Choose your network name in the list and type the passphrase in the tab.
- The password can be between 8-64 characters.
- After typing the password, tap Done.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the access point establishes the Canon Printer Setup network connection.
- A stable wireless light is visible on the printer’s control panel.
- Download the driver from our website and click on the link to install it.
- Click the Next option to view the Setup Guide.
- Choose the Place of Residence option and click Next.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions on the screen.
- Install the MP Drivers on the system automatically.
- After Setup Complete screen displays, click Next.
- Try to print a test page from the printer to check if the driver is installed.
How To Setup Canon Printer On Chromebook?
- Chromebook does not support any Canon Printer Setup drivers.
- So, utilize the Google Cloud Print application to print from the printer.
- Launch the Web Store option on Chromebook.
- Install the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
- Use a USB cable to link your printer and system.
- If the printer is ready to use, send your documents or photos to print.
- Send your documents to Google Cloud Print Servers to start the printing process.
- The media is sent to the server where the printer is installed.
- Provide the google.com/cloud print in their tab.
- Click the Add Cloud Ready printer option to view the list of available devices.
- Select the printer name from the list to add it.
- Insert the document into the input tray.
- Choose the printer from the list and then start printing.
How To Setup Canon Printer To The Computer?
- Use a USB cable to connect the canon printer to a computer.
- Get the cable from the Canon Printer Setup shipment box.
- It is suggested to use the shortest cable for a better connection.
- Find the CD in the shipment box.
- Load it into the system’s disc drive and view the list of files on the screen.
- Click the file to begin the installation process.
- Choose the mode of connection as USB.
- When the system prompts, connect the cable between your printer and system.
- The printer name is present in the list of available devices.
- For a Mac device, add the printer name to the print queue.
- Try to print from the printer and check if the connection is successful.
How To Setup Canon Pixma Wireless Printer On Mac?
Set up the Canon Pixma printer to a Mac system by using the steps mentioned below. Learn how to connect the printer to MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone. These steps help you to start printing from the printer.
How To Setup Canon Printer On Macbook Pro?
- Check if the Canon printer supports the Mac operating system.
- Power on the printer and check if the green light is stable.
- Link the printer to a Canon Wireless Printer Setup network using a router.
- Press the Copy button if the printer’s LCD is blank.
- Locate the Setup button on the operation panel of the printer and press it.
- It displays WIRELESS LAN SETUP, press OK.
- A message to press the STOP button displays on the control panel.
- If you view the Standard Setup screen on the display, tap OK.
- The device discovers the networks in the surrounding.
- Choose your network name by pressing the Arrow button.
- After selecting the appropriate network, tap OK.
- Provide the password in their tab and make a note that the security key is case sensitive.
- Use the keypad on the printer’s control panel to mention the password.
- Download a compatible driver on your Mac system.
- After installing, choose the connection type as Wireless and click OK.
- Complete the Canon Printer Setup connection process by clicking the OK option.
How To Setup Canon Wireless Printer To Ipad?
- Turn on the printer and establish a wireless network connection.
- Use the Canon Print app from the App Store.
- Search for the app in the tab provided.
- A list of apps displays on the screen.
- Click the Canon Print app and then install it based on the instructions on the screen.
- A shortcut of the app gets created on the home screen.
- Launch the app and then add the printer name to the list.
- Select the Register Printer option and view the printer name in the results.
- Click the printer name and rename it if necessary.
- Choose a document or photo from the mobile.
- Select the printer name to initiate the printing process.
How To Setup Canon Printer To Airprint?
- Ensure that the printer is compatible with the printer model and is connected to a network.
- Power on your Canon printer and make sure that the printer does not enter the Sleep mode.
- Check if the Apple device is powered on. Launch the AirPrint app on your device.
- Enable the Location Services option on your Apple device.
- The printer name gets discovered automatically in the list of available devices.
- Choose the printer name from the list and click on it.
- Activate the Double-sided option under the Canon Printer Setup Options tab.
- Tap the Print option to begin printing.
- Obtain the printed sheets from the output tray.
How To Setup Canon Printer To Iphone?
- Use the Easy Photo Print option to print from your iPhone.
- Download the Easy Photo Print option from the App Store.
- Click on the app to begin the installation process.
- Install it with the help of the on-screen Canon Printer Setup instructions.
- Open the app on the Home screen of the device.
- Tap it to launch the app.
- Choose the photo or document that you wish to print.
- Change the Print Settings if required.
- It displays all the details about the photo, tap Print.
- A borderless photo gets printed and generates on the output tray.
- The app contains a Camera and Scan option too.
- Use the Camera option to capture photos and print instantly.
- Mount the media such as document or photo on the scanner glass and align it along with the engraved Canon Wireless Printer Setup guides.
- Tap Scan on the app to initiate the Scanning process.
How To Setup Canon Pixma Wireless Printer On Windows?
You can connect the Canon Pixma printer to various versions of the Windows operating system. Link your printer and system to the network. Ensure that both devices are linked to the same network. Use the simple steps below to connect the printer to a laptop and other devices.
How To Setup Canon Printer To A Laptop?
- The fundamental step is to check if the printer is in the active state.
- Check for the Wi-Fi button on the operation panel of the printer.
- Press the button for at least two minutes.
- After a while, release the button until the alarm lamp flickers.
- Check if the blue light starts to flash.
- Go near the access point to check if the WPS button is available.
- If so, press the button for 2 minutes.
- You can establish the network connection for your laptop within a few seconds.
- If the printer name is invisible, redo the process to re-establish the network connection.
How To Set Up My Canon Mx922 Printer?
- Open the printer’s shipment box and take the printer out of it.
- Remove all the packing materials surrounding the box.
- Take the power cable out of the box.
- Insert it into the printer’s rear and a wall socket.
- Power on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- A green light is a visible adjacent to the Canon Wireless Printer Setup Power button.
- Change the Language Settings for your printer’s control panel.
- Choose the Language option and click OK.
- Open the lid on the printer and the wait for the holder to move to its replacement position.
- Install the ink tanks into their slots.
- Connect your printer and system via a USB cable.
- After some time, the printer prints an alignment page.
How To Setup Canon Printer Mx490?
- Use a knife to cut the tape on top of the printer’s carton.
- You can find orange tape on various locations of the Canon Printer Setup.
- Peel off the tape and discard them. Raise the front and paper output cover to discard the protective tape surrounding it.
- The power cable contains two terminals. Connect one end of the terminal to the printer’s rear and the other end to a wall socket.
- Find the Power button and press it to turn it to the active state.
- Alter the language from the printer’s display panel and press OK.
- Set the ink cartridges at their holders and wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
How To Set Up A Canon Pixma Mx492 Wireless Printer?
Using the Easy Wireless Connect method helps you connect the printer to a network. Configure the router properly before connecting it to the network. Check if the system is connected to a network and make sure that the Canon Printer Setup is linked to it.
- Find the Power button on the display panel and press it.
- Look for a green light adjacent to the Power button.
- If the Canon Wireless Printer Setup light is in the off state, long-press the Wi-Fi button to turn it on.
- Take the CD-ROM out of the printer’s shipment box.
- Place the CD into the disc drive and view the list of available files on the screen.
- Click the Start Setup icon on the welcome screen.
- The printer acquires the latest information and software updates.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click yes.
- Look for the firewall settings and deactivate them.
- Wait until the Check for Connection method screen displays.
- The network connection is deactivated during the setup process and it may take several minutes.
- Check if the Printhead Alignment Screen displays and the printer prints a test page automatically.
How To Setup Canon Pixma Mx472 Wireless Printer?
- Utilize the Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect the Canon Pixma 472 printer to a network.
- Power up the printer, system, and the router.
- Verify whether the router has a WPS button.
- A green light remains stable beside the Power button thereby indicating that the printer is in the active state.
- For a wireless router, the wireless light should be stable, and the Web interface light should be blinking.
- Press the Setup icon on the Canon Pixma Mx472 printer’s control panel. Long press the arrow button to move to the WPS mode.
- Find the WPS button on the rear of the router. Press it for at least 5 seconds. A message processing indicates that the connection is in progress.
- Once the connection is established, view a stable Canon Wireless Printer Setup light on the printer’s control panel.
How To Setup Fax On Canon Printer Mx490?
- Find the Setup icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Fax Settings icon in the Canon Printer Setup menu and click OK.
- Click the Easy setup under the Fax Settings menu and press OK.
- Select the Start Setup icon in the Easy Setup menu.
- Plug the telephone line into the phone jack and the other end to the phone wall jack at the wall.
- After connecting the cable, press OK.
- A message displays Start the telephone line connection test across the LCD.
- If the connection fails, you need to check the Easy Setup results across the LCD.
- After the connection is established, send or receive the fax on your printer.
How To Setup Canon Pixma Wireless Printer On Ubuntu?
- Switch on your printer and system.
- A Wireless icon is present on the display panel of the printer.
- Press the icon until a stable wireless light is visible on the screen.
- Type Printers in the search bar of the system.
- You can also find the Printers option in the Settings menu.
- Wait for the Printers window to display on the screen.
- Click Add -> Network Printer. View the list of network names in the list.
- Choose your printer name from the list.
- After a while, the Canon Printer Setup driver downloads and installs automatically.
- After the process completes, the system prompts you to print a test page.
- Click the Print Test Page option to start the printing process.
- The printing process indicates that the connection is successful.
How To Setup Wifi On Canon Mx340 Printer?
You can follow the WPS method to set up Wi-Fi on your Canon MX340 printer.
- Locate the Control Panel on your printer which contains the buttons to operate your device.
- The Menu button is in the form of a small square labeled menu.
- Press the button thrice until the small screen on the Canon Printer Setup control panel displays Device Settings.
- You can make use of the left and right arrow buttons on the panel for further selection.
- Now, select LAN settings and press the OK button on it.
- The display shows the LAN settings in it.
- Push the left or right arrows until the WLAN active/inactive option appears in the small display and press OK.
- Use the left or right arrows to click the Wireless LAN active option and tap OK.
- The LAN settings screen gets displayed and the Wi-Fi LED light on the printer turns blue indicating that the Canon Wireless Printer Setup connection is enabled.
- Slide the options in the display using the arrow keys to select the Wireless LAN setup and press OK.
- Search for the WPS option in the Wireless LAN setup and press the OK button.
- Select the Push button method from the WPS menu and press OK.
- The display prompts a message stating When the access point is ready, press [OK] of the device.
- Now press the button labeled WPS below the router and hold it for not less than 5 seconds.
- Press the OK button on the router. You should perform the steps 12 to 14 within two minutes.
- A message stating Connected Press [OK] appears thereby indicating a successful connection. Press the OK button once the message appears and complete the setup procedure.
How To Setup Canon Mg3620 Wireless Printer?
To set up the Canon MG3620 wireless printer, you can follow the guidelines specified below.
- The initial step is to check the seal of the package.
- If the package’s seal is not intact, do not open it. Return it to the manufacturer.
- Else, open the seal with the help of a knife.
- Check if the additional accessories such as user manual, installation CD, power cord, and ink cartridges are available.
- Take the Canon printer out of the box and position it on a flat surface.
- Attach the power cord to the printer and then to the wall power supply.
- Turn on the Canon printer with the help of the Power button.
- The proceeding step is to install the Canon Printer Setup drivers required.
- You can use the installation CD or download it from the manufacturer’s site.
- Open the setup file to run it.
- Read the prompts and follow them to complete the setup process successfully.
- Halfway through the installation, choose the connection method to connect the printer to the computer.
- Once you are done with the setup procedure, take a test print to for proper functioning of the printer.
How To Setup Canon Mg3600 Printer To Wifi?
- When you get a new printer, the first step is to unbox it as per the guided instructions.
- Once you unbox the printer, install the ink cartridges, load paper into the tray, and finally power it on.
- You use setup the printer using any smart device. To perform the setup using the smart device, you have to install the Canon Inkjet Selfie app from the iPhone or Google Play store.
- Open the application, and the next step is to register your printer on your device.
- Press Printer Register and the device will look for a printer. Now touch Printer setup.
- List of setup options will be displayed on the screen, from that, select the Connect via Wireless Router option.
- Now, power on your printer, touch and hold the Canon Wireless Printer Setup button, until the light starts to blink.
- Once the light starts to flash, the Wi-Fi setup is done and you can perform the printer related operation.
How To Set Up A Canon Pixma Mg2900 Printer?
- You will see a tape stuck on the Canon Pixma MG2900 printer’s shipment package.
- Remove the tape from the package and gently take the printer out.
- Place the Canon Printer Setup on a dust-free table.
- Take the power cord & other accessories from the printer and save it for later use.
- Link the power cable between the printer and power supply.
- Turn on the Canon Pixma MG2900 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Now to access the printer from your computer, you should install the printer driver.
- You can install the driver either by using the installation CD or downloading it from the manufacturer’s site.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, proceed to install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Load enough papers into the tray and print a sample page.