How to Setup Dell Wireless Printer?
- This setup procedure is for Dell wireless printers that are connected to a Windows computer which has drivers built-in.
- Connect your Dell printer and the computer with a USB cable to detect the printer name.
- Click the Windows icon on the Desktop and search for Devices and Printers.
- After you land on the Devices and Printers page, click on Add a Printer.
- When the What type of printer you want to install window opens.
- Click on the Add a local printer.
- Click on Next and choose the printer name that appears on the list.
- On the succeeding screen, enter the printer name in the box that appears and click on Next.
- You can see a message below the box stating that This printer will be installed with the Dell (Your printer model number) series driver.
- If you find that Your printer has been successfully installed message on the screen, click on Print a test page to confirm the same.
- Finally, click on the Finish tab and this completes the Dell Wireless Setup.
How to Setup Dell Wireless Printer on Mac?
After you set up the hardware of your Dell printer, it is important that you connect it to a wireless network. For that, you should install a driver that is compatible with your printer. The driver can be downloaded either from the link provided on our website or directly from the Dell website. After downloading the driver, follow these steps to install the Dell printer on your Mac computer.
Step 1: Connect the Printer and your Dell Computer
- Ensure that both the Dell printer and the Mac computer are turned on.
- Pick the USB cable from the printer box and connect one end of it to the USB port of the printer.
- Locate the USB port on your Mac computer and insert the other end of the USB cable into it.
- See whether you receive any notification on your Mac computer stating that a New Device is found.
- Click on the notification to install the drivers automatically if available in-built. This option is generally available for Windows computer.
- Your Dell printer will now be connected to your Mac computer.
- Note that while installing the driver, you should disconnect the USB cable of the printer from the computer.
Step 2: Download the Driver from our Website and Install it on your Computer
- Disconnect the USB cable from your printer to the computer connected if any.
- When you click on the driver button on the Driver downloads page of your Dell printer model, the latest and appropriate driver file downloads onto your computer.
- The downloaded installer file will be in the .pkg format with the printer name specified.
- Extract the installer file and proceed with the on-screen prompts that pops-up.
- During the time of installation, when you are prompted to connect the cable back, plug it into the Mac’s USB port.
- Click Continue on the installer wizard and with the set of instructions that it prompts you to follow, complete the Dell Wireless Printer driver installation.
Step 3: Add the Printer to a Network using its IP Address or Hostname
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer and from the list of options that display, choose System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax on the System Preferences window that displays your printer name.
- Double-click on the Printer name that takes you to a window to add your printer to the network.
- Click on the Plus symbol that appears on the left side of the window below the Dell Wireless Setup pane to open and view the Add Printer application.
- Now, the Add Printer window opens and click IP in the toolbar available on it.
- There are a few options that need to be set followed by the above steps.
- Protocol: Choose Line Printer Daemon from the drop-down.
- Address: The printer’s IP address or the Hostname should be set in the address field.
- Queue: Leave it empty.
- Name: By default, it will display the printer’s IP address. You can further change it to your printer name even.
- Location: Leave this field blank.
- Print Using: Change the appropriate driver for the printer using the up or down arrow key.
- Finally, click on Add that adds the printer to your Mac computer.
How to Setup Dell Printer on Windows?
- The procedure below explains how to set up a Dell Printer on a Windows 10 computer.
- Search our website with your Dell printer model for the respective driver to set it up.
- After you land on the downloads page, click the Driver download link or button that is available.
- The compatible driver of the latest version downloads suiting your Windows 10 operating system.
- With this driver, you can print as well as scan, copy, and fax if supported by your printer.
- From the Downloads location, unzip the setup file and extract the contents available in it.
- Now, open the folder that has your printer name and copies the driver folder path.
- Go to Settings through Windows 10 Start and click Printers & Scanners.
- Click on Add a Printer and if you see the message, The printer that I want isn’t listed, click on the message and select Add a local or network with manual settings.
- When you are prompted to choose a printer port, select the Use an Existing port option and click on Next.
- If you want the driver to be installed automatically, you can click on the Windows Update option or choose Have Disk.
- Now the Install Disk window appears prompting you to paste the link that you copied from the Printer folder of your Downloads location.
- Click on OK and then on your printer model number. If you are installing the driver for a new Dell printer, then you can choose to Use The Driver that is Currently Installed. Otherwise, can select Replace the current driver.
- Enter your printer name in the provided field and click on Next. The installation procedure begins, and it may take a while to complete.
- When you see the message, You have successfully added your Dell printer, click on Finish.
- You can set this printer as your default one or proceed to complete the installation.
- If you wish to know the installation is successful, you can click on Print a test page and confirm.
How to Setup Dell Printer on Ubuntu?
- Setting up a network-connected Dell wireless printer on an Ubuntu operating system is a simple procedure. You can follow the steps below to connect your printer to the computer with a USB cable and install the driver on the Ubuntu operating system.
- Power on your printer and computer and ensure that the computer has required drivers installed.
- If your Ubuntu-enabled computer is connected to a network previously using the wired or wireless method, you should connect even your Dell printer to the same network.
- If not, temporarily, you can connect both the devices using the USB cable of the printer so that the computer detects the printer name and keep it local.
- Now the next step is to install the driver.
- Click the Settings icon located at the top-right corner of the Ubuntu Home screen.
- Click Printers and when the Add Printer box opens, click on Add and then the Network Printer option.
- Your printer name displays automatically as it is previously been connected to a network.
- The moment you click on the Network Printer option, it displays your printer name in the drop-down.
- Now, remove the USB cable and select your printer name, and then click on Forward.
- By clicking on forwarding, Ubuntu starts searching for the available in-built drivers.
- If the driver is not activated, click on Activate to enable its function.
- Enter the system password when prompted so that it provides authentication to install or remove devices on your computer.
- After the driver installs on Ubuntu, provide a name for your printer, which should be short in length.
- Click on Apply for the changes that you made to be effective and print a test page if needed.
- The Dell wireless printer is now added to your Ubuntu computer.
How to Setup Dell v313w Wireless Printer Without CD?
- Link the Dell V313w wireless printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- From Dell Printer Home, click the Settings tab and then the Wireless Setup Utility option.
- When the wireless network name displays, click on your Network name and then click on the Continue tab.
- Hold on for the Allow Dell Software window to display and then remove the USB cable connected to the printer and the computer when prompted.
- Now your Dell V313w printer is set up on the Dell Wireless Setup network without CD.
How to Setup Dell B1160W Wireless Printer?
Let us see how to set up the Dell B1160W wireless printer on a network using WPS. You will have to go through a few steps before you proceed with the setup procedure.
Step 1: Analyse the Network Type that you have Acquired
- There are three modes that you should know before configuring your Dell B1160w printer on a wireless network.
- The Infrastructure mode is generally used for Home, Small Office, or Home Office purposes.
- You use the Access Point mode to share information with your Dell Wireless Printer.
- The Ad Hoc mode lets you connect to your printer from the computer without using an access point.
Step 2: Collect the Wireless Network Name and Passcode
- Note the network name of your computer, which should be SSID by default.
- The password for your network can be obtained from the Internet service provider, the network configuration page, Embedded Web Server page, or at the router’s rear.
- Enter both the credentials if prompted by your printer during the wireless setup.
Step 3: Connecting your Printer to the Device using the WPS Method
- To initiate the Wireless Protected Setup method, verify whether your printer has the WPS option built in.
- Press the WPS button on your printer’s control panel and wait at least for 4 seconds so that the LED light starts blinking quickly.
- This is the time where the printer tries to establish a wireless connection. The light continues blinking for up to 2 minutes before you press the Push button on your router.
- Press the Push button and wait for the network to be configured on your printer. You can see the Dell Wireless Printer network establishment when the light stops blinking and becomes stable.
How to Setup Dell v515w Wireless Printer?
- First, check whether the Dell V515w printer can connect to a wireless network.
- Determine that the printer password is strong enough so that it secures your printable data from others viewing it.
- In general, the password’s security level is named as WEP or WPA/WPA2.
- To know your printer password, you can print a network test page and obtain the details from it.
- Before you set up the printer on a Dell Wireless Setup network, keep all this information ready with you.
- Get the name of your wireless network, which is SSID in general, the network password in case you have one previously, and a computer that has been connected to a wireless network.
- Configure your printer to the network to which your computer is connected to.
- Shut off all the opened applications and programs if any.
- Place the installation software CD on the computer’s CD drive. The contents of the CD should automatically display on the computer screen.
- If it fails to display, then click the Windows icon or Start button and then click Run.
- Type D:\setup.exe in which D denotes the CD or DVD drive.
- With the Dell Wireless Printer instructions that display on the screen, set up your Dell V515w printer on your computer.
How to Setup Dell v305w Wireless Printer?
- These steps can be followed by Windows 10 users who have a Dell V305w wireless printer.
- Connect the USB cable from the printer’s rear port to the computer’s appropriate USB port firmly.
- Enter Wireless Setup Utility in the Windows search bar.
- Click on the Utility from the results and continue with the prompts that display.
- If there are any nearby networks available, the printer searches for the same and displays them.
- If your network name is shown in the list, then click on it and then click Continue.
- Provide the network key if prompted. If the Dell Software window appears on the computer screen, then click OK or Continue depending on what you see.
- Disable the printer’s USB connection from the computer when prompted and your printer is now set up on a wireless network.
- If you do not find your network name in the list, then click the Unlisted Network option and provide your network name, and then click on Continue.
- Select your security type and enter the password of the network in the relevant field.
- If the Dell software window appears and prompts you to remove the USB cable from your printing machine and system, do it accordingly.
- The printer is all set on the wireless network now.
How to Setup Wireless on Printer Dell e515dw?
- Setting up this Dell E515DW laser printer is not a difficult task if you can follow these quick steps.
- Download and install the respective driver for your Dell printer from our website or use the installation disc that was provided in the printer package.
- The moment you install the disc into the drive, the Dell Printer Easy install program installs and launches automatically.
- Now, click the Main menu on the installer screen and click Setup.
- Click the Wireless option and proceed with the on-screen instructions that display to complete the wireless setup properly.
- Now the Dell E515Dw Laser Multi-functional printer is configured over the wireless network.
How to Setup Dell 2540 Printer Wirelessly?
- Complete the basic setup procedure like unwrapping, power supply, setting preferences, loading paper, and cartridges.
- Now you need to connect your printer to the network.
- Establish communication between the DELL 2540 printer and your computer, using a USB cable.
- Make sure that the server is turned on.
- Insert the drivers and utility CD that is accompanied with your printer into the PC’s CD drive.
- Locate your drive and select it.
- In the utility wizard that appears on the screen, look for the Next button and click it.
- To set up the queue on the server, click the Install the Dell Wireless Setup on the Network option.
- Select the port for the printer connection and go with the on-screen Dell Wireless Printer instructions to complete the wireless setup.
How to Setup Dell v313w Wireless Printer?
- Here, we will see if there is no Wireless Setup Utility available for your Dell V313w printer, how to set it up wirelessly. Your printer and router should have a WPS button to establish the wireless network or you can use the PIN method by following the steps below.
- Tap Setup, Network Setup and then choose WPS Push Method or PIN method on your Dell V313w printer’s control panel.
- Choose the PIN method and you can see an eight-digit number displaying on the list.
- Open the router’s security page on your web browser and enter the obtained PIN under the WPS option.
- Now, click on the Wi-Fi icon for the printer to be set on the network.
How to Setup Dell 968 Wireless Printer?
- Unwrap the printer from the box and inspect if any damages are present.
- Remove all the seals and tape attached to them carefully.
- Ensure that you provide power supply to the machine and set the necessary preferences on the control panel of the printer.
- Use a recommended USB cable to link your PC and printer.
- Load the ink cartridges and feed paper into the trays.
- Connect your printer to the PC and install the printer driver using the utility CD that has accompanied your device.
- The printer driver can also be installed from the manufacturer’s site.
How to Setup Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300?
The procedure to set up the Dell printer adapter 3300 is as follows.
- Connect the DELL 3300 printer adapter to your PC.
- Ensure that you provide power supply to the machine by inserting the printer adapter into an electrical socket.
- The setup CD of the Printer Adapter 3300 should be inserted into the drive.
- Proceed with the on-screen Dell Wireless Setup instructions to install the software.
- Mention the SSID and select the network channel, Ad-Hoc mode, security method, passkey in the setup wizard.
- Detach the USB connections and link your printer adapter with your printer using the same cable.
- Proceed with the setup wizard by clicking the Next button and close the wizard using the Finish button.
How to Clear Dell Printer Home Wireless Setup Utility Missing File dleania.in Issue?
When you are not able to complete the wireless setup of your DELL printer and if it cannot find the dleania.in files then try the following suggestions.
- Locate the Cancel button on the printer and press until the Mode menu appears.
- Press the Check button in the successive wizards until the confirmation box appears.
- Wait until the orange light turns blue on the device.
- Run the setup utility to discover the network.
How to Clear Dell Printer Home Wireless Setup Utility need File dleania.in Issue?
At times, you may not be able to complete the wireless setup as your network may not find the Dleania file. In such a case, you redo the setup procedure to connect to the network. If the problem persists, then move to the folder where the Dell software installs and extracts. Examine the file list to locate the dleania.in file. Make sure you copy them to the Dell home directory. Run the application and the wireless setup will work within the Dell Wireless Printer Home Settings tab.