How to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer?
With this printer, you can not only count on high-quality prints but also conserve energy without affecting the performance of the printer. The compact DJ1112 Printer can easily fit on your desk, on a shelf or anywhere you need it. You can print up to twice as many how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer guide with Original high-yield ink cartridges.
- The print speed for monochrome is up to 7.5 ppm and for color is up to 5.5 ppm.
- It follows Thermal Inkjet printing technology.
- Connect the printer using a USB cable.
First Time dj1112 Printer setup
Setting up your Deskjet 1112 printer is not a tough task. Go through the basic how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer steps provided below to setup the printer and commence printing.
Step 1: Unpacking the Deskjet printer
- Remove the printer from the box and then discard all the unwanted wrap from inside and outside the printer.
- Now, check if you have removed all hardware and other components from the box before discarding or recycling the box and packing materials.
Step 2: Forming the connections and installing cartridges
- Plug in the power cable as per the DJ1112 Printer instructions on the printer manual.
- Take out one of the ink cartridges from the package and after discarding the wrap, insert it into its respective slot.
Step 3: Loading paper and aligning cartridges
- Insert plain paper in the input tray after installing the ink cartridges.
- You may observe that the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
USB Printer Setup Windows & Mac
Connecting your Deskjet printer using a USB cable is quite easy. The how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer guidelines to setup the connection for both Windows and Mac are provided below.
Step 1: Preparing for the printer setup
- Check if the Deskjet printer is switched on and then get a USB cable not less than 3 m in length.
- Now, unplug the USB cable from the computer if any. Reconnect the cable when prompted.
- Select the Devices and Printer’s control panel setting in the options. Choose your printer model and then choose Remove device.
Step 2: Downloading the driver and forming the connection
- Download the compatible driver for your DJ1112 Printer and when prompted to select a connection type, choose USB as the option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, click USB.
- Now, click Scan or Easy Scan and then select Add Printer option to generate a print queue on the Mac.
- Follow the how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer guidelines that appear on the screen to complete the installation.
List of printing issues
- Used or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected’ or ‘Counterfeit ink cartridge Advisory’ Error
- ‘Incompatible Ink Cartridge’ or ‘Ink Cartridges Missing’ Error Displays.
- Changing Font Size in Printed Documents or Web Pages
‘0xc19a0005’ Error or Similar Error Displays
- Printer Turns Off Unexpectedly or Repeatedly.
- After Updating the Computer from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, Clicking Printer Assistant Displays a Prompt to Set Up Your Printer.
- ‘Windows Can’t Verify the Publisher of This Driver Software’ Error Message Displays When Installing the Product Software in Windows Vista.
To print on both sides of the page, use the duplex settings in the DJ1112 Printer driver. The how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer instructions for both Windows and Mac PC are given below.
- Ascertain that you load enough blank paper into the input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- Now, open the document you want to print, then select File –>Print.
- Choose your printer model, then ensure that you select Printer Properties, Preferences or Printer Setup based on what displays.
- Ascertain that you select the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option if a Printing shortcuts tab is available.
- Ensure that you mount enough blank paper into the input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- Now, open the document you want to print, then click File –> Print –> Show Details.
- Search for a Two-Sided selection box. If you are able to locate the Two-Sided option, it denotes that your DJ1112 Printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Ensure that you select the checkbox next to Two-Sided option and then from the unnamed menu at the center of the window, click the Layout option.
Ink Cartridges Missing
When you notice an error message denoting that the cartridge is incompatible, check the cause for the error. The how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer instructions given below may assist you to fix the issue.
Step 1: Examining the cartridges and wiping the electrical contacts
- Check if the ink cartridges are compatible with your printer and then remove and reinstall the cartridge properly.
- Power on the Deskjet printer, then open the ink cartridge access door and then remove any clear protective tape on the nozzles.
- Make a note that if the ink cartridge or carriage contacts are dirty, you may find that the printer displays an ink cartridge error.
- Carefully wipe the electrical contacts on ink cartridges and carriage with a clean, lint-free cloth.
Step 2: Identifying the cartridge causing the error
- Ensure that you reset the printer. Now, take out one of the ink cartridges and then check for the error message to identify the cartridge causing the error.
- If you notice any error message, make sure that you replace the black and the tri-color cartridge.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error
When printing envelopes or various paper sizes, sometimes, you may receive a ‘Paper Mismatch Error’. The error can be resolved instantly. Check the paper size settings and then follow the how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer guidelines given below.
Step 1: Modifying the paper size setting
- Click File, then check if your printer model is in the drop-down list box and then select the Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences option.
- Now, select –> Paper/Quality tab –> Advanced –> Paper Size. Ensure that you select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper placed in the input tray.
- Click OK and then attempt to print. If the issue persists, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Checking the paper source setting on Windows
- Discard all the paper from the input tray and then alter the necessary settings.
- If the issue persists, reset the DJ1112 Printer.
Step 1: Altering the paper size setting
- After selecting the File option, check if your printer is in the drop-down list box and then click Paper size.
- Ensure that the selected paper size matches the size and type of paper placed in the input tray.
- If the issue persists, reset the printer. If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, proceed to the next step.
- Remove your Deskjet printer from the printer list, and then add the printer with the print driver to update the driver.
Step 2: Checking the paper source setting on Mac
- Discard and insert the paper again in the input trays and then check the how to Setup Deskjet 1112 Printer paper source setting.
- Change the necessary settings and then update the firmware.