How to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer?
It is one of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup that has tall the necessary features and functions to compete with Laser multifunction printers. It is suitable for moderate duty in small office purpose because of the delivering speed and the paper capacity of the printer. It has a good paper capacity and how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer touch screen controls. Cloud printing is one of the features which made you buy this printer.
Unboxing the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer in a Short Time
The set of how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions to be done once the printer reaches your home are provided below. Make use of it to know how you can Setup and customize the printer on your own.
- Take out the printer, tape and packing materials from the box.
- Hold either side of the printer and unlock the ink cartridge access door. Free of all tape and packing material from inside the printer
- Once it is done, you can close the cartridge access door.
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear end and then use the other end of the power cord into the socket. Subsequently, power on the printer.
- Unlock the input tray door and then place a stack of paper with proper width guides
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and keep the ink cartridge into the correct place. After that, close the ink cartridge access door.
- Once you completed installing all the cartridges let your printer prints an alignment page.
- Then search for the appropriate printer driver and software to install in the computer.
- Make sure that you have not connected the printer to a system until it is prompted by the printing software.
It is one of the conventional methods using which you can connect the printer to the computer. We provide detailed how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions and get to know the method to establish the printer connection using the Wired mode.
Step 1: MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE NETWORK CONNECTION AND DRIVER INSTALLATION
- Ratify that you have a network router, switch or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Verify if the system is linked to the router, switch or hub.
- Always use an Ethernet cable to link the printer to the computer, if the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup network connection is to be established.
Step 2: ESTABLISH THE PRINTER CONNECTION
- Power up the Ojpro8740 printer and make sure that you have eliminated the Plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer.
- Detach the Ethernet cable to your printer port and then link the remaining end of the Ethernet cable to any available port on the router.
STEP 3: SEARCHING AND INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
Navigate to our website, key in your printer model, and then trail the how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions to download the driver. Based on the printer model, the driver starts to download on your computer.
- Under Driver-Printer Installation Software, go on with the Download option and then trail the instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant.
Under Driver Printer Installation Software, go on with the Download option found next to HP Easy Start or the full feature HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup driver. Choose the HP .dmg file or HP Easy Start file in the Downloads folder.
- Once the installation finishes, add the printer to the list and assign the required print job.
This printer offers you many numbers of copies at a time without getting hit on the print quality. We provide the steps to a get copy of the required documents or photos at expected quality.
Step 1: MOUNT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT OR IMAGES
- Mount the original document in the Automatic Document Feeder tray or on the scanner glass.
- Keep your HP Officejet Pro 8740 on and then keep the original document or images.
STEP 2 :COPY THE DOCUMENT OR IMAGES EASILY
- Go to the Copy menu on the control panel of your printer and choose the copy settings.
- Navigate to the control panel, choose ID Card, Document, or Photo.
- Set the desired number of copies, or enter the required number of copies.
- Under the Tray Selection menu, Set the desired tray and paper size.
- Click on Done to revert to the copy screen and select the Settings icon.
- To customize the advanced settings, follow the below how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions. Select Lighter or Darker, swipe the button to alter the darkness level, and then tap on Done.
- Choose the Quality menu to select a specific quality level.
- Resize: Tap Resize and subsequently click on preset.
- Choose Binding Margin, and then press On to provide pages with margin shifted to the left side of the page.
- Save advanced settings: Press Save Current Settings to retrieve the advanced settings after this copy job, and then click on Save.
- Click on Back to revert to the Copy and select Start Black, Start Color or Start Copy to start the copy job.
To scan the documents or photos you have to install the full-featured on your computer. Go through our website to get the detailed instructions on how to scan the document.
HP Scan and Capture
- Get directed to Microsoft Store to install the HP Scan and Capture app.
- Power up your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup and then search for the file you want to scan on the scanner glass or keep it into the automatic document feeder.
- Find the Scan and Capture option under Windows, and then choose HP Scan and Capture in the available list of results.
- Tap on the menu icon, and then get directed to the Settings option.
- Select the Device option and then choose your corresponding printer.
- Click Document Scan or Photo Scan to change any settings, and then tap on the back arrow.
- Tap on outside the Settings menu and then get directed to the Capture Documents or Capture Photos option.
Subsequently, choose the Save option.
Scan using HP Scan Software
- Start to perform scan jobs from the system, alter scan quality settings, save the scan as PDF files and more. Go through the instructions offered below.
- Place the file on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder properly.
- Choose the printer model and select Scan a Document or Photo.
- When the HP Scan prompts to choose one of the shortcuts that match the file type and the resulting action you prefer.
- Set any of the shortcut default settings on the right side of the window, if needed.
- Tap on Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan and preview the scans.
- Once you perform all the settings, choose the folder you want to save the scan in and then click Save.
- View your scan by accessing the folder where you saved the scan, and then double-tap on the file.
Using the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer you can print your desired documents or photos easily provided you follow the how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions provided by us.
Printing your desired document
- Before you print your documents, do necessary changes to the appearance by selecting the layout option.
- Click the File or the menu option and then choose Print to access the general print settings.
- Tap on the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup Properties option to view more quality, layout options, and advanced print settings.
- Modify the following layout and paper settings for your print job. Menu names and the available settings differ by your printer.
Portrait or Landscape orientation
- Click on Portrait for vertical printing or Landscape for horizontal printing.
- To customize this do the series of actions. Click on -> Orientation on the Layout option -> Finishing or Features.
Paper tray or source
- Choose the tray where you want to position the paper if your printer has many trays.
- Get directed to the Source or Paper source menu on the Paper or Quality or choose Feature.
- Customize the paper type such as plain, brochure or other specialty types.
- To do this, click on Type, Media menu or paper type on the Paper or Quality or Features option.
- Choose the paper size which you placed in the printer.
- Choose Size or Paper Size menu in the Advance options or on the Features option.
- As your printer has auto duplexing feature, make use of the below how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer guidelines to get the desired outputs.
- Select the Print on Both Sides option on the Layout, Finishing or Features option and trail the prompts.
HP Ojpro 8740 Fax Setup
Customize your fax enabled printer to send and receive fax. As this does not require Internet connection, the files are transferred securely between two fax enabled HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OJPRO8740 PRINTER FOR FAXING
Connect the telephone cord and configure the fax connection.
Step 1: Requirements to be satisfied to establish the fax connection
Prior to configuring your fax service, ensure that you have completed the following tasks:
- To send and receive fax successfully, you should have an active telephone landline.
- Verify if the installation of ink cartridges and paper loading process are done.
- Utilize the two-wire telephone cord and adapter that came with your printer package.
Step 2: SETTING UP THE FAX CONNECTION
- Join the telephone cord and personalize the settings by navigating to the control panel of your printer.
- De-link any telephone devices from the phone jack and remove the plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- Disconnecting your answering machine phone cord from the phone jack and then link the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the printer.
- Get directed to the control panel of your printer to choose Fax. Then, click on Preferences.
- Customize Rings to Answer and press Done to save the changes.
Step 3: PERSONALIZE THE BASIC FAX SETTINGS
- To personalize the dial type, go to the control panel of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup and click Select. When the menu opens, choose Setup and then click on Preferences.
- Tap on the Dial Type option and choose either Tone or Pulse.
- To customize fax speed, go to the control panel and click on the Fax option and then choose Setup.
- Click on the Preferences and choose Speed. Now you can set either Slow, Medium or Fast according to your need.
Printer not detected during the network setup
When the printer available on the network is not detected by the computer, the communication between the device is not proper as a result the printer function fails. By the time, the printer’s control panel shows either the how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer guide could not be detected on the wireless network, Printer not detected, Unable to detect your printer, No devices found the error message.
STEP 1: REBOOT ALL YOUR PRINT SYSTEM DEVICES
- Plug out the power cord from the router and power off your printer and the system.
- Wait for a minute and then reconnect the power cord. Make sure that the Internet (activity) light prompts a normal connection status.
- Then, power on your printer and the personal system.
STEP 2: VERIFY THE NETWORK AND PRINTER CONNECTION STATUS
- Ratify that your network is functioning properly and that the printer is ready for the network configuration.
- Check if that the printer is not connected to a guest or host network and is connected to only 2.4 GHz frequency.
STEP 3: ESTABLISH THE NETWORK CONNECTION MANUALLY
Linking the printer to the network manually helps the HP installer to find the printer on the network. Once the how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer connection is established, reinstall the correct printer driver and software.
STEP 4: DOWNLOAD THE HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR
- HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnosing tool help you find and fix the issues for the printers connected to the Windows operating system computer.
- Download this tool on your Windows computer and trail the prompts to resolve the issue.
STEP 5: DEACTIVATE THE FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON THE SYSTEM TEMPORARILY
- To deactivate the firewall, get directed to the Network Settings option and click on the Troubleshooting Firewalls menu.
- Deactivate any activated firewall and then install the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup driver and software again.
STEP 6: UNINSTALL THE HP PRINTER SOFTWARE
- This issue could occur if the installed software or driver gets corrupted.
- Uninstalling the available driver and software helps you retain the printer functions.
- After the uninstallation gets over, reboot Once the system.
STEP 7: STEPS TO REINSTALL THE HP SOFTWARE
- Switch on the printer and affirm that no cables are linked to the computer while installing the software.
- Trail the on-screen how to Unbox HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer instructions and accomplish the installation steps.