HP Envy 4504 Ink Cartridge Replacement
You cannot use your HP Envy 4504 printer to print your documents without the ink cartridge. Estimate the ink level of your printer regularly. If you find that your printer’s ink cartridge is faulty or empty, you need to replace it with a new cartridge. Make use of the steps which are given below to replace your HP Envy 4504 ink cartridge properly.
Step 1: Use a genuine ink cartridge for your printer to print your document and photo.
Step 2: Power up your HP Envy 4504 printer. Unlock the cartridge access door. The Door Open screen gets displayed on the printer’s control panel with the message.
Step 3: You need to close the cover or door, prior to printing. Verify that it is closed completely.
Step 4: A Change ink option gets displayed in the bottom right corner of the touchscreen.
Step 5: Press down on the cartridge to release it from the slot. Remove the defective or empty cartridge.
Step 6: Take off a new cartridge from its package. Touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
Step 7: Remove the protective tape from the cartridge by pulling the orange tab.
Step 8: Ensure that you do not touch copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
Step 9: Position the tri-color on the left side of the cartridge and then insert the black color cartridge into the right slot.
Step 10: Reiterate these procedures to replace the other cartridge, if required.
Step 11: Lock the HP Envy 4504 Ink cartridge access door. Ensure that it is locked completely.
Step 12: Click on the Ok option. The printer calibrates and aligns the cartridges.
Step 13: Once the alignment is completed successfully, the printer prints an alignment page.
Step 14: Tap Ok and then recycle the alignment page. For more information, contact our technical support team on the toll-free number.
HP Envy 4504 – Not Printing Black Ink Even with Full Cartridge
Estimate the ink level of your HP Envy 4504 ink cartridge. If you still find that your printer is not printing the black ink, use the steps which are given below to make your printer ready to print your document.
- Ensure that the tri-color cartridge of your printer is not empty. If it is empty, then the black ink does not print. Both cartridges of your printer must contain ink to print your documents.
- Clean the cartridge regularly. If the cartridge is not clean, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- Try to reboot the printer. In some cases, rebooting might help you to resolve the issue.
- Use an authenticated ink cartridge for your printer to print a document.
- Ensure that you placed the cartridge inside the printer correctly. Insert the black color cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Place the color cartridge into the left side of the slot. If you find that the HP Envy 4504 ink cartridge is faulty, replace it with a new cartridge.
- Verify the print settings of your HP Envy 4504 Printer. Use the compatible paper type and size for printing your document.
- Try to print a sample document.