How to Install HP Envy 4522 Ink Cartridges
- IC chips are lately used in HP Envy 4522 ink cartridges. They accurately monitor the amount of ink used by the printer.
- Ink reserves can be measured and fully utilized, even if a cartridge is removed and later reinserted.
- The ink cartridges can be replaced using your printer’s control panel.
- The cartridges should be handled carefully, there may be some ink surrounding the ink supply port.
- HP recommends the use of genuine HP Envy 4522 ink cartridges. Products that are not manufactured by HP may cause damage to your printer.
- Do not remove the old cartridge from the printer until you have obtained a replacement.
- Otherwise, the ink remaining in the print head nozzles may dry out. Make sure that you don’t refill the cartridges.
- Using the IC chip on each cartridge the printer calculates the amount of ink remaining in the cartridge.
- Even if the cartridge is refilled, the printer won’t print as the ink refilled will not be recalculated.
- Open the cartridge cover, remove the cartridge out of the printer and dispose it properly. Do not try to refill the used cartridge.
- Remove the new cartridge from its protective cover and insert the cartridge vertically into the cartridge holder.
- Do not shake the ink cartridge after removing from the bag; this can cause leakage. Gently push the cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Make sure that you don’t tear the label on the cartridge and do not touch the copper contacts on the cartridge.
- The new cartridge should be installed into the printer immediately following the removal of an old HP Envy 4522 ink cartridges.
- The print head may dry out if you fail to promptly reinstall the new cartridge. Close the cartridge cover and align the printhead.
- On your printer’s control panel, select Align Printhead. Once the cartridges are aligned, an alignment page will be printed.
How to Fix Ink Cartridge Issues
Step 1: Remove, inspect, then reseat the ink cartridges
Turn on the HP Envy 4522 printer and raise the cartridge access door. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed. Remove the cartridge from its slot and inspect the contacts for any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles. Remove the protective tape from the contacts, if necessary. Reinstall the cartridge into the cartridge holder and close the cartridge holder.
Step 2: Clean the electrical contacts
Wipe the copper contacts on the ink cartridge with a dry swab until no debris remains on them.
Step 3: Reset the printer
Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer and turn on the printer.
Step 4: Check the HP Envy 4522 ink cartridges warranty
Check if there is a defective cartridge or printhead, as they can be replaced if they fall under the warranty period.
Step 5: Replace the ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge
Remove the cartridge which is defective and replace it with a new cartridge. Make sure that the new cartridge is replaced immediately. Otherwise, the printhead may dry out.