Complete HP LaserJet 225dw Printer Setup Guide
The Laserjet printer offers reliable, automatic two-sided (duplex) printing, a 3-inch touchscreen with scan-to options and much more. You can print over the wireless network and enjoy a large number of built-in and optional security features. The HP LaserJet 225dw Printer offers easy printing from your mobile devices at work, home or on the go.
Download the Free HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Driver and Manual
How to Perform Print, Scan, Fax, and Copy on HP Pro MFP M225DW Printer?
Printing from HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer
- Load the main paper tray with photo paper based on the location of the tray and the model of your hp laserjet pro M225dw printer.
- Make sure that place the short edge of the photo paper forward and then adjust the paper width guides.
- Improve colors, brightness, contrast and any other appearance settings and then select the photo you want to print.
- After selecting Open with, choose Windows Photo Viewer or Print and then click Print or File.
- To access more options such as layout, quality, color and advanced print settings, open the printer Document Properties.
- Click Options. in the Print Pictures window in Windows Photo Viewer and then click Preferences in the Print window in Paint.
- Choose one of the photo print job shortcuts if the Document Properties window has a Printing Shortcut tab.
- Also, modify the color and quality settings for best photo printing results. Now, click OK and then select the Print option.
- Once you complete the process, remove the photo paper from the tray if any. Store it in the package it came in or in a plastic bag.
How do I scan on HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer?
- Mount the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass and then close the scanner lid.
- Note that you can use the ADF to scan multiple page documents at one time.
- Choose your OS version and a scan job type, then wait for the scan to complete and then return to the computer.
- Now, the folder the scan saved to may automatically open. Make sure that you click the file with Scan in the name to view the scan.
- Proceed with the steps below if your printer does not have a scan button or you require additional HP Laserjet 225dw Printer Setup scan functions.
- Locate your printer model in the list of results to open HP Printer Assistant and then click Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- elect a shortcut that matches both the file type and resulting action you want.
- Now, change any of the available settings in the right pane. You can preview and edit the scan before saving it.
- Click the box next to Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to make additional edits to the scan before saving it.
- To change the default scan destination folder, select HP laserjet pro M225dw Advanced Settings or More –> Destination –> Browse next to the Save to Folder/Save Location field –> OK/Save icon.
Sending a fax on HP LJ Pro M225dw Printer
- Prior to setting up the fax feature, check if the cartridges are aligned and that the input tray has paper.
- It is advisable to use the phone cord that came with the HP Pro MFP M225 Printer to connect your printer to the wall jack.
- Click the Right Arrow, then select Setup and then click the Down Arrow to select Preferences.
- Make sure that you set the month, day and year and then click Done.
- Now, select fax volume –> Basic Fax Setup –> Fax Header and then type your name in the Enter your name: field.
- If you want to send a fax from your Windows or Mac OS, open the document, then on the File menu in your software application, click Print and go to the Name list.
- Locate your printer model, then click the button that opens the HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer Setup Properties dialog box and then alter any other settings.
- Now, enter the fax number and other information for the recipient and then click the Send Fax option.
Copying on HP LJ Pro M225dw Printer
- From the control panel, copy documents, photos and ID cards and access available copy settings.
- On your HP LaserJet 225dw printer, mount the document or photo on the scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Select Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the control panel and then choose any available basic settings.
- To change advanced copy settings, click Settings.
- Using the 2-Sided Copying feature on the control panel, copy on both sides of a page.
- Make sure that you locate the 2-Sided Copying menu or setting.
- You may notice that the hp laserjet pro M225dw Printer prompts you when to flip pages if necessary.
- Press On or click the box next to the setting name and then touch the menu to display a list of two-sided copying options.
- Now, scroll down the display screen to view all copy job options.
- Make sure that you use the 2 – 2 Sided option to copy a two-sided original or use 1 – 2 Sided to copy two one-sided originals to make one two-sided copy.
HP Laserjet Pro M225DW Driver
Printer drivers are quite essential as they form the source of communication between your HP LaserJet 225dw printer and the PC. It is a good option to download the software from the disc that came with your printer. Ensure that the disc has a supportive driver, especially if the computer had been upgraded already.
- If you misplaced the CD, do not worry. Download the current version of the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw driver from our website. It is a better idea to download the full-feature driver as it gives you access to the complete printer functionality.
- The driver file format for both Mac and Windows vary. Go to the Downloads folder to access the file after the download process completes.
- To complete the installation process, make sure that you double-click the file and then follow the guidelines that appear on the screen.
HP Laserjet M225DW Windows 10 Driver Free Download & Installation
- With Windows 10, you can search and install updated HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225 driver for your system.
- To make sure any updates previously downloaded are correctly installed, restart your PC.
- Now, look for and select Windows Update and if updates are available to download, click Install now.
- Select Check for updates and then click Install now after Windows detects available updates if you do not find any updates currently listed.
- There is a possibility that Windows Update may automatically load the correct drivers upon upgrade.
- Make sure that you manually update the graphics driver using Windows Update if the correct drivers do not install on upgrade.
- Now, search for and open Device Manager and then in the list of devices, expand Display adapters.
- Once you right-click the graphics device, select Update HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer Setup Driver Software.
- Now, for updated driver software, ensure that you click the Search automatically option.
Replace Toner Cartridge for HP LaserJet 225DW Printer
When you notice an error message or a warning, first, check the estimated life of the toner. If you find that the toner level is low, make sure that you replace it as soon as possible. Always have a hp mfp 225dw toner cartridge readily available to avoid the printing delays. Here are the steps to replace the toner cartridge.
HP M225DW Wireless Printer Setup
- Make sure that you have your network name (SSID) and the wireless password readily available.
- If you did not download the driver, go to our website, then type your hp laserjet pro M225dw Printer model and then click begin.
- Make sure that you select the Run button if prompted after the download process completes and then follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
- Click the Continue option if you receive a prompt to connect to your Wi-Fi network after accepting the terms.
- Now, check if a prompt to select the advanced software to install appears and then proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that you select customize software selections and then uncheck the options that display.
- To accept the terms, make sure that you click the Next option.
- Now, click the Next option after locating your HP LaserJet Pro M225dw wireless Setup on the list of networks.
- Ascertain that you type your postal code and then check if the setup completes.
Troubleshooting HP Laserjet MFP M225DW Printer
Why is my HP M225DW Printer is Offline?
- To fix the issue on your Windows PC, first, check the network connections and then change the default HP LaserJet 225dw printer driver to originally installed driver.
- After searching for devices, click the Devices and Printers option. Check if the issue is resolved. If not, reset the printer.
- If resetting the printer does not fix the offline issue, update the printer firmware. Proceed to the next step to create a proper manual connection.
- Make sure that you add a printer port to your Windows system. Using HP printing software, delete and reinstall the printer devices.
- If the issue still persists, service the printer.
Troubleshoot HP LaserJet Pro M225dw wireless Connection Problem
- Due to a drop in connection or router configuration issues, there may be a problem in the HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer Setup wireless connection.
- Reboot the computer, printer and router. As there may be a temporary network and Internet disconnection, complete any tasks or downloads in progress.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows system and then check the status of the light next to the Wireless icon.
- Now, evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page and then reduce the channel interference.
- Change the wireless network name. Make sure that you place the router and printer close together and then update the hp laserjet pro M225dw Printer firmware.
Fix HP LaserJet 225dw Poor Print Quality
- Try printing from a different software program but before that check the paper type setting.
- Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to check the hp laserjet pro M225dw setting on your OS. Click Manage Supplies –> Print Supplies Status.
- Now, a report status of all supply items may print. Carefully observe the report to check the estimated level of the toner cartridge.
- Click Device Maintenance –> Calibration/Cleaning –> Cleaning Page. Take out the toner from the printer to examine it. Replace the toner if there are any scratches or damage.
- Make sure that you use a good quality paper. Follow the on-screen instructions to set the individual tray. If necessary, try printing from a different HP Laserjet Pro M225dw Printer Setup driver.
Clear HP M225DW Paper Jam Error
- Make sure that you remove any loose paper from the ADF input tray that has not been fed into the printer.
- Check if all pages in the original document are of the same size and type. Do not load mixed types of paper in the ADF.
- Ensure that the paper stack is not higher than the guides in the input tray. Lift the ADF input tray and the jam-access cover.
- It is advisable to use both hands to pull out the paper to avoid tearing it.
- Now, close the jam-access cover and the ADF input tray and then try the task again. If the issue persists, service the HP LaserJet 225dw Printer.