123.HP.COM OJ4650 PRINTER SETUP
HP OFFICEJET 4650 Features
Welcome high-end productivity with this printer. Automatic document feeder, inbuilt fax option, network printing, mobile printing, this agile printer has it all. It comes in a compact design and has been designed to fit even in the modest workplaces. You can also choose to not hear your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer by enabling the Quiet mode.
Use the mobile printing option that is provided with this printer to easily print from a mobile device of your choice. You can also connect your printer to the mobile device directly and start enjoying mobile printing without connecting to a network.
HP Officejet 4650 Printer Specifications
- Inbuilt fax option, can fax in color
- Store up to 99 speed dials in fax
- Inbuilt scanner and copier
- 1200 prints per month
- Wireless Direct printing, ePrint, AirPrint enabled
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Supports multiple media types
- Wireless and mobile printing feature
- Large- volume cartridges
- Occupies modest space
- Low ink consumption
- Occasional slow prints
- Low volume input and output trays
- Lack of memory card compatibility
This 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer makes for a good choice if you’re looking for a printer to be used at home and home-offices.
Setting up your 123.HP.Com oj4650 Printer for the First Time
Unpacking and mounting the cartridges
- Unpack your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer. Remove all the protective tapes supplied with it.
- Lift up the cartridge access door on your printer and remove the packing material inside.
- Close the cartridge access door and open the input tray. Remove packing material form it.
- Plug in the power cable of the 123.hp.com/setup 4650 printer and switch it on.
- Update the settings for the region/ country and the date. Save your changes.
- Pull open the input tray and the paper tray. Drag out the paper width guides.
- Place fresh sheets in the tray with the print side facing downwards.
- Align the paper width guides along the sides of the sheets and replace the input tray.
- Open the cartridge access door and get ready to install the cartridges on your printer.
- Without touching the electrical contacts on the cartridge, take off the protective tape on it.
- Open the ink cartridge access lid. Slide in the new cartridge into its respective slot.
- With the cartridge nozzles facing the printer, press it into place. Shut the cartridge access lid.
- Install the other cartridges as well.
- The printer will print an alignment page.
Aligning the ink cartridges
Raise the lid of the scanner and keep the alignment page on it with the print side facing down.
Shut the lid and click on OK to start the cartridge alignment.
This sets up the hardware on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer and you can proceed to install the software for your printer. Wait for the software installer’s instructions before connecting the printer.
After the software installation, proceed to connect your printer. The information given below will help you connect your printer to your network. For more
Wireless Setup Wizard
This method is not available for printers that do not have a touch screen display.
- Obtain information on the Network name, WEP/WPA passphrase.
- From the control panel of the 123.hp.com/setup 4650 printer, navigate to the Network menu and choose Wireless Setup wizard from under Wireless Settings.
- Choose the name of the network that belongs to you from the list displayed.
- If your network has not been listed, type in the name of the network manually. This option is provided at the end of the list.
- Key in the passcode of the network and make sure to enter it with the appropriate upper and lower case letters.
This method is applicable for all devices that support Wi-Fi. It enables you to print without connecting to a local network. Most computers and printers that are capable of connecting to Wi-Fi have this feature installed. It makes sure that you can print securely over the web. Although similar to Bluetooth in technology, this method makes use of Wi-Fi to print at increased speeds and longer distances.
- Navigate to Wireless Settings using your printer’s control panel.
- Open the Wi-Fi direct window and enable it on your printer.
- If your printer lacks a control panel, click the Information button and obtain the name and password of your wireless network.
Enable Wi-Fi direct on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer and start enjoying the benefits of printing over a wireless network.
How to Fax on your 123.hp.com/setup 4650 Printer
Use this printer to send a facsimile copy of a document to another fax capable device. Learn how to setup and use fax on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer with the steps listed below.
The information and instructions given below holds good for the following printer models:
HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 4652, HP OfficeJet 4654, HP OfficeJet 4655, HP OfficeJet 4655, HP OfficeJet 4657, HP OfficeJet 4658, DeskJet Ink Advantage 4675, DeskJet Ink Advantage 4676, and DeskJet Ink Advantage 4678 All-in-One printers.
- A printer with ink cartridges installed
- An active landline telephone
- Plain papers
Setting up the connection
How you setup fax on your HP Officejet 4650 printer varies depending on what equipment or service you have previously used. Use the guides given below.
- Disconnect telephone devices from the phone jack where you intend to connect the printer.
- Check the printer’s rear and disconnect the white plug form the 2-EXT port.
- Plug in the answering machine cord to the 2-EXT port after unplugging it from the phone jack.
- Connect the 1-LINE port of the printer and the phone jack using the phone cable.
- Click on Fax on the printer’s control panel and then click on Setup.
- Click on Preferences and scroll down to select Rings to Answer.
- Make sure to choose a number that is two rings higher than the settings for your answering machine.
- Click on Done and then scroll to Auto Answer, ensure it is enabled.
- Revert to the home screen by clicking on the Home icon .
Changing fax settings when sending faxes
Setting up contacts when sending faxes:
- Click on Fax on the printer’s control panel and then on Send Now.
- Select the Phone Book icon.
- Click on Contacts and then on the plus sign, add the desired contacts.
- Click on Name, enter the desired name and click on Done.
- Click on Number, key in the number using the numeric keypad and click on OK.
- After all the contacts have been added, revert to the main screen.
Setting the dial type:
- Click on Fax on the control panel and scroll to Setup.
- Click on Preferences, select Dial Type.
- Choose between Tone or Pulse.
- Revert to the main screen by clicking on the Home icon.
Setting the speed of the fax:
- Click on Fax and then on Setup.
- Click on Preferences, select Speed. Choose between Fast, Medium and Slow.
- Revert to the main screen by clicking on the Home icon.
Changing fax settings when receiving faxes
Setting the header for your fax job:
- Click on Fax on the control panel of the printer and then on Setup.
- Click on Preferences.
- Select Fax Header, type in the desired name under the field Enter Your Name. Key in the desired number under the Enter the Fax number field.
Setting the volume for your fax job:
- Click on Fax, choose Setup.
- Under Preferences, click on Volume and choose Soft/ Loud/ Off.
- Revert to the main screen by clicking on the Home icon.
Perform a Fax test to make sure is property setup.
- Click on Fax and choose Setup.
- Tap Tools and click on Test Fax.
- Wait for the 123.hp.com oj4650 printer to print the Fax Test report.
- Check the report to see if the printer has passed the test.
Configure and use HP ePrint on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer
HP ePrint is a feature that allows you to print from any place as long as you have a functional Internet connection. All you have to do is send the desired document or photo to the printer via email.
Check the requirements for ePrint:
Ensure the printer meets the following conditions before setting up ePrint on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer.
Disconnect USB cables that have been connected to your printer before using ePrint.
- Check for the HP ePrint logo on the printer.
If the logo is not available on the printer, navigate to Wireless Settings using the control panel of the printer and see if ePrint is supported by your printer.
- Check if your printer has been connected to an active Internet connection.
- If the printer has been connected by means of an Ethernet cable, check the light on the Ethernet port of the printer and ensure the cable connection is secure. The green light must be stable and the orange light must flicker.
- If your 123.hp.com/setup 4650 printer has been connected by means of a Wireless connection, check if Wireless has been switched on. If there is a wireless icon provided on the printer, check if the light next to it is glowing.
Switch on Web Services on your printer:
Switch on Web Services from the printer’s control panel. This will let your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer communicate with web connecting services using the Internet. Use the LCD display of your printer to switch on Web Services.
Click on the HP ePrint icon on the control panel of your printer. If the icon is not available, check the Wireless settings on your printer.
Update the printer firmware if needed.
- If the Web Services Summary screen pops up, Web Services has been enabled previously. Print an Information sheet before proceeding to the next step.
Get the email address of the printer
After switching on Web Services, wait until the printer prints the Important Printer Setup Instructions or the Make the Most of Your 123.HP.Com oj4650 Printer.
You will be able to obtain information about Web Services from the information page printed. Get the claim code of the printer and the email address of the printer from this page.
If there is a lag when printing the information page, wait for a little while and switch on Web Services again to print a new information page.
Get the email address of the printer and then proceed further.
If there is no email address displayed on the page, the claim code of the printer in addition to @hpeprint.com is the email address.
Using HP ePrint
All desired documents can be sent to the mail id of the printer via ePrint securely. The printer can take up print jobs from your computer or laptop or mobile device. Make sure you have a functional email account and an internet connection.
Check the following requirements before printing with ePrint.
- Enter the email address of the printer in the To: column of a new email.
- No more than a single email address in the To: field. Additional email ids can be inputted in the Cc: field.
- Make sure to enter a subject line, ePrint rejects print jobs that do not have a subject line.
- The size of the email including attachments must not be beyond 10 MB.
- Limit yourself to 10 attachments per print job.
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word are supported file types.
- When printing photos, ensure that the vertical and horizontal resolution is 100 pixels or more.
- HP ePrint cannot print encrypted or password protected documents.
- ePrint does not support duplex printing.
- The email will also be printed when the attachments of the email are printed.
- The time stamps on your ePrint print job may not be accurate.
Printing from a laptop or system
Printing documents saved on your system:
- Log in to your email account and compose a new email. Enter the email address of your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer in the To: field.
- Make sure to enter a subject line. Attach the desired document and send the mail to your printer.
To print an email message:
Open the desired email and Forward it to your printer. Make sure to not leave the subject line blank.
When printing webpages, open the desired webpage and save it as a document. Email the attachment to your printer.
Printing an email:
- Open the desired email and forward it to the email address of your HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Make sure to enter a subject in the subject line.
Open the webpage you desire and save it as an attachment, send it to your printer via email. Your print job will be printed.
Printing from tablets or Smartphone:
Print from your smartphone or mobile device using ePrint by sending the print job as an email to your network enabled printer.
- Printing saved photos or documents on your mobile device.
- Open the desired application and click on the Action icon or the Share icon.
- Send the print job as an attachment via email to the email id of your printer.
- Key in a subject line and then click on Send.
Printing using AirPrint on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer
This document can be used for all AirPrint compatible printers. This is a mobile printing feature that has been included with Apple iOS version 4.2 and further versions.
Make sure the printer meets the following conditions:
- An Apple iOS device that is running on iOS version 4.2 and further.
- A printer that is compatible with AirPrint.
- A printer connected to the network.
- Proceed to print and if a No AirPrint Printer Found error message is displayed, proceed to the next step.
Configure the wireless connection:
Connect the Apple device and the printer to the Wireless network.
- Unplug USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- Connect your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer to the network.
Printers having an LCD display control panel : Click on Setup-Network-Wireless menu and then click on Wireless Setup Wizard. Use the instructions shown on screen to connect to your network.
Printers that do not have an LCD display : Switch on the Wireless feature under the Wireless menu. If the wireless light is solid and blue, the printer has been connected. If the light blinks, reduce the distance between the printer and the router.
Try printing. If the printer does not connect, continue further.
Wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct connection:
Connect your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer and the Apple device using Wi-Fi direct or wireless direct.
- Check if a solid and blue light is glowing on the printer next to the Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi direct icon.
- Navigate using the control panel and click on Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
- On the Apple device, click on Settings and then on Wi-Fi.
- Under the options for Choose a Network, click on your printer model.
- The name of the printer starts with DIRECT and the password is 12345678 by default.
Printing from the Apple Device:
Print from any application on your Apple device that is compatible with AirPrint.
- Ensure that the printer has been switched on and sleep mode is disabled on your 123.HP.Com oj4650 printer.
- Open the desired document or email or webpage and click on the Action icon.
- The options under Menu will be displayed.
- Click on the option Print.
- Under the menu options for Print, click on Select Printer, choose your printer model.
- To make other changes under the Print Settings, click on Options. Certain options like the size of the paper cannot be changed.
- If your printer is printing with only black ink, certain options may not display.
- Choose the desired number of copies and then proceed to Print.