Easy HP Sprocket Setup Guide
HP Sprocket 2 is capable for printing pictures from your smartphone. It is compact and pocket-friendly. One of the advanced connectivity options is Bluetooth. It helps you easily print from smart-phones. It helps you know the picture that is being printing with personalized lights. Customize your photo before printing. You can add a filter, frame, or stickers to your photo with the help of the HP Printer app. It yields high-quality instant photos. Get the micro USB charging cable to connect the HP Sprocket setup and the charging port.
How to Connect HP Sprocket 2 to Smartphone?
- Connect the mobile device to the HP Sprocket printer.
- This helps you take pictures, make edits and designs.
- Download the HP Sprocket app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Click the link on our website to start the download process.
- View the download status in the Internet.
- After downloading, install it based on the on-screen prompts.
- Open the HP Sprocket printer app to turn on the printer sprocket.
- Open the Settings icon on your mobile. Enable the Bluetooth feature.
- It might take five to ten seconds for the sprocket name to appear.
- After the HP Sprocket 2 printer name appears, select it.
- Wait until the printer, and mobile connects automatically.
- Allow the device to communicate with the printer.
- Check the connection in the Sprocket app.
- Touch the Menu icon. If you see a green dot, start the connection.
How Do I Connect My HP Sprocket To Bluetooth?
- Press the Power button to turn on the HP Sprocket 2 Printer setup. Find the Bluetooth option icon your mobile.
- Find for the printer name in the list of available devices which are in the surroundings.
- If you have already paired the device with the printer, the name of your printer will be visible in the list of paired devices.
- If you are connecting it for the first time, view the printer name on the list of available devices.
- If the HP Sprocket setup name is not available in any of the lists, move HP Sprocket printer and system close to the router.
- Open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer app on the mobile device. Tap the Menu icon and select Sprocket.
- Choose the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Now the printer is paired with the smartphone. The other method is to connect your printer and system is using the HP Sprocket app.
HP Sprocket App
- Download the Sprocket app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- The app contains the Main menu, Inbox, Print Queue, Buy Paper, How to & Help and Take Survey.
- Touch the Sprocket menu to see information about the paired devices. Inspect the battery status and verify the Auto Off settings.
- See the Mac Address, Address, and the Hardware version. You can get the Firmware Upgrades when available.
- The app contains Print queue which allows storing photos to print later and sending simultaneous prints to the device.
- The Queue Photo offline helps you send prints for the app while on the go. If you are ready to print, open the Print queue from the Main menu in the app.
- The printing process does not take place when the connection is re-established. Try to send simultaneous photos to the printer.
- The printouts will be printed in the same order as they appear in the print queue. If the HP Sprocket 2 Printer setup is out of paper, the print jobs will be added to the queue, and it prints when the paper is loaded.
- Control the Print Queue from the main menu of the HP Sprocket app. View the Print queue that displays on the Preview screen. Touch the Grey bar under the photo to view prints. Include the print by touching the Print option.
Get Started With HP Sprocket Portable Printer
The HP Sprocket setup supports the printing function. If the back LED charge light Red indicates there is a low charge on the printer. Blinking red charge light indicates printer is in charging mode. The green light on the printer indicates that the charging is complete. The Amber light on the printer indicates that the HP Sprocket 2 is in medium charge. All these details are not present in the HP Sprocket App. Open the app, and set the preferences on the printer. Customize the photos with the help of the HP Sprocket Photo Printer app. It is not required for ink cartridges.
How to Print on HP Sprocket Photo Printer 2nd Edition?
- Take the printer out of the box. Check if the HP Sprocket app is installed on your mobile device.
- After a while, pair the mobile device, and the printer with the help of the Bluetooth connection.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store to download it. Use the on-screen instructions to install it.
- After the HP Sprocket printer app is installed, switch on the printer.
- Open the Bluetooth Settings on your mobile device.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth is activated. Open the Hp Sprocket app.
- Wait for the Welcome screen to display.
- Touch Setup, and use the instructions to complete it. Switch off the printer.
- Take the top cover by moving it away from the slot, and keeping it aside.
- Insert 10 sheets of photo paper with the SmartSheet facing down.
- Ensure that the Bluesheet is placed in such a way that the barcode faces down.
- Align the cover with the tracks outside the printer.
- Move the cover to close until it is firmly placed.
- Open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer app on your mobile device. Choose the photo you wish to print from the home screen.
- View the preview image that displays. Tap Edit to adjust the photo appearance.
- Touch Check mark to save the changes, and tap Print.
- After a while, the photo prints from the printer.
HP Sprocket Photo Printer 2nd Edition Troubleshooting
Printers are devices that often encounter issues. You need to resolve the issue and then start printing from it. The main issues that you face with the printer is HP Sprocket setup not responding, not printing, not connecting to mobile, paper jam. These issues can be resolved using the solutions given below. The primary troubleshooting step is to reset the printer. Press the Reset button on the printer for 3 seconds. After a while, the printer resets and then turns off.
Why Won’t HP Sprocket 2nd Edition Printer Respond?
- Switch on the printer and launch the HP Sprocket App.
- Touch Menu -> Sprocket -> Manage Printers.
- Ensure that the Sprocket name is selected.
- Touch Printer Settings. Find the Battery option under the Status section.
- If the battery charge is less than 19%, charge the battery for 30 minutes.
- Ensure that the Sprocket Photo paper is loaded into the tray.
- When you place paper, keep the HP Sprocket 2 Printer setup logo facing down.
- Find the Bluetooth menu in the wireless connection settings on the mobile device.
- Find HP Sprocket 2 in the list. If the printer name is displayed in the list of Paired Devices, this indicates that the device is connected.
- If the name is displayed in the list of available devices, touch Sprocket to establish the connection.
- If the Sprocket does not display in either list, move the printer and the mobile device close to each other.
- Tap Search or Scan if the Sprocket displays.
- Open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer app on the mobile.
- Touch the Menu icon and touch Sprocket.
- Select Manage Printers. View the list of available sprockets.
- If the Sprocket displays, check if the printer is connected. If the Sprocket does not display, touch the Add New printer option, and select the printer name from the list.
What To Do When HP Sprocket Printer Does Not Print?
- Make sure that the HP Sprocket setup is on. Open the HP Sprocket app. Touch Menu-> Sprocket-> Auto-Off. Choose the desired timing.
- Verify if the Bluetooth is switched on and associated with the printer. If the device paired with mobile already, make sure the device contains photo paper in the input tray.
- Insert 10 sheets of photo paper with the Blue ZINK sheet.
- Move the printer and the system close together if the signal strength is low. Update the printer driver and firmware.
- Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the Internet. The Firmware update screen displays.
- Proceed with the instructions to complete the update process. Charge the device to more than 50% before starting the firmware update.
Why AM I Unable To Connect My HP Sprocket To Mobile?
- Verify if the printer firmware is outdated.
- Navigate to the HP Sprocket printer App in the App Store of the mobile.
- Ensure that the firmware is updated. Open the HP Sprocket app on the mobile.
- Switch off the Bluetooth feature on your Apple device, and then reconnect the Apple device.
- Connect your mobile to the Internet, and the battery charge should be more than 50%.
- Update the mobile to Apple iOS 11. Find the app Update on your Sprocket printer. If the update displays, touch Update. If the Update option does not display, then the app is up-to-date. Switch on the HP Sprocket setup.
- Choose the Bluetooth Settings menu on your mobile to view nearby devices. Find the Sprocket in the list.
- Touch the Menu icon, and select Sprocket -> Printer Settings. The Sprocket information screen displays.
- If the firmware upgrade displays, touch Get Firmware Upgrade. Go through the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- If the update message does not display, the HP Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.
Clear Paper Jam Error On HP Sprocket Printer
- Switch off the Sprocket printer and raise the paper cover.
- Insert 10 sheets of Sprocket photo paper with a coloured Print Quality Card.
- Ensure that the colored card is at the bottom of the stack. The paper should be placed with the barcode facing down.
- Switch on the Sprocket and then resend the print job. When you wish to send a print job, but HP Sprocket printer does not respond, a Top Cover Open message appears on the HP Sprocket app.
- Check if the Status Indicator is blinking. After a while, replace the paper cover, and then resend the print job.
- Check if there are any loose papers in the input tray. Use compatible photo paper, and take papers that are bent, wrinkled or torn out of the stack.
- Insert the paper cover and switch on the printer. Wait for the Sprocket to remove the jammed paper from the slot.
- Wait until the printer remains idle. Reinsert the photo papers with the HP Logo facing down.
Get all the additional features of the HP Sprocket 2 Printer. The Standard connectivity option for connecting the printer is Bluetooth 5.0. All these apps are not compatible with Mac operating systems. As this is the improvised version of the HP Sprocket Printer, the print quality of the printer is excellent when compared to its previous versions. You can manage the printing functions from the HP Sprocket Photo Printer app. Zinc paper is compatible with the printer. The HP Sprocket setup also contains various power modes- sleep, idle, printing and error. If the printer encounters errors, get the solutions here to resolve it.