Quick Guidance for HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer that prints, scans and copies producing professional-quality results. Improve your productivity with print speed of up to 19 pages per minute. Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w to your documents or images directly in PDF format and email with the help of pre-installed business applications. Copy both sides of an identification card onto a single side of paper.
Original HP Toner cartridges help to speed through the print jobs. Install the HP Smart App to print from the cloud and scan from your mobile phone. Use the LCD screen’s keypad to navigate to different settings on the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup. The printer is compatible with the Windows and Mac operating systems. It can handle up to 50 sheets of paper in the input tray and more than 100 sheets of paper in the output tray. Use the Auto ON/OFF option to conserve time and energy of the printer. HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Specifications
How to Unboxing and Setup HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w
- Tear the tape on top of the box to open it.
- Take the printer out of the box and discard all packing materials surrounding it.
- Take the toner cartridge and remove the clips from it.
- Handle both sides of the toner cartridge and gently shake them.
- Drag the orange tab to tear the sealing tape from the toner cartridge.
- Align the toner cartridges along the tracks inside the printer.
- Push the toner cartridge until it fixes into place. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Drag the output tray, input tray and their extensions. Mount stack of paper into the input tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Insert one end of the power cable to the printer’s rear and another end to the wall socket.
- Switch on the printer. Install the driver on your system and your printer is now set.
HP Laserjet Pro M29w Printer Driver Installation
HP Laserjet Pro MFP m29w Driver Installation for Windows
- The drivers compatible with the Windows system are Full Software Solution and Basic.
- Use these two methods to install drivers on a Windows system.
- Using the printer’s installation CD and download driver for HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer.
- Insert the software installation CD into the system’s disc drive.
- Enable the AutoPlay feature on your Windows system to display the list of files.
- Select and double-click on the .exe file to start the installation process.
- If the driver is not installed correctly, download the driver from this website
- End all software programs running on the system.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer. Select the Download button.
- Select and double-click the setup file to start the installation process automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP m29w Driver Installation for Mac
- Use a software installation CD available in the printer’s shipment box.
- Load the CD into the system’s disc drive. Wait till the list of available files display on the system.
- The setup file is available in .dmg and zip format.
- If the file is in zip format, extract the setup file and double-click on it.
- Follow the instructions mentioned on the screen to install the driver in the system.
- If the driver installation fails, download the driver for HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup.
- Locate the setup file on your computer. Select and double-click on it.
- Proceed with the instructions that display on the screen to install the driver.
- Click the + sign to add the printer name to the print queue.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup Installation
HP LJPRO m29w Wireless Setup for Windows OS
- Obtain the network name and password before configuring the printer to a wireless network.
- Turn on the printer, system and the router.
- Connect the system to a wireless network with stable internet access.
- Keep the printer and the system close to the wireless router for a better signal strength.
- Connect the Laserjet Pro m29w printer and the system to the same wireless network.
- Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup process to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- If the router is compatible with the WPS method, long-press the Wireless button on the printer’s control panel for at least three seconds
- Wait till the Wireless light and Ready light starts to blink. Press the WPS button on your router.
- Wait for at least two minutes for the printer to establish the network connection.
HP LJPRO m29w Wireless Setup for Mac OS
- You need a network name and password for connecting the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer to a wireless network.
- Switch on the printer, system and router.
- Connect the system to a wireless network with an active Internet.
- Connect the system and printer to the same wireless network.
- Move the printer and system to the wireless network for strong signal strength.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer’s rear if the system prompts.
- Follow the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method for connecting the printer to the wireless network.
- Check if the printer supports WPS, if so, press and hold the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup button.
- Wait for the wireless light and ready light to flicker.
- Press the PUSH button to establish the network connection.
- Wait for at least two minutes when the printer establishes the network connection.
How to Print on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w for Both Mac & Windows?
How to Print on Windows?
- Open the document on your system or laptop from the respective application.
- Select the File menu in the app and select the Print option.
- Choose Printer Properties or Preferences to open layout and advanced print settings.
- Wait till the Document Properties and Printing Preferences window display.
- The Menu names and available settings differ based on the printer model.
- Click the Orientation tab under the Layout, Finishing or Features tab.
- Select the Portrait or Landscape orientation option for vertical and horizontal (what) respectively.
- Choose the Paper Size as per the paper size in the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer. Enable the duplex printing option if necessary.
- Select OK -> Print to print the documents.
How to Print on Mac?
- Open the application on your Mac system.
- Select the File -> Print in the application.
- Wait till the print settings display on the screen.
- If the print settings are unavailable, select the Show Details option.
- Choose the printer name from the Printer menu. Click the option such as Paper size or Paper Type from the Presets menu.
- Right-click on the middle of the screen to open an unnamed menu.
- Change the print settings and menu names based on the printer model and application.
- Choose the Paper Type or Media Type such as a plain, brochure.
- Choose the Paper Tray if the printer contains more than one paper tray.
- After making changes, click Print.
How to Copy from HPLJPRO m29w Printer?
- Place the document on the scanner glass along with the indicators on the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup.
- Press the Start Copy button to begin copying.
- If the printer contains a HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup model control panel, press the Copy Setup to set the following copy settings.
- Click the Number of Copies option and use the arrows to adjust the numbers.
- Press the Lighter or Darker settings and make use of arrows to adjust the contrast settings.
- Press the Enlarge/ Reduce setting and make use of arrow keys to modify the size percentage.
- Press the Start Copy icon to begin copying.
- If you wish to copy an identification card, follow the steps HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer guide below.
- Keep the ID card onto the left side of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid and press the ID Copy button to begin copying.
- If the copy is complete, the attention light blinks. Place the other side of the ID card on the same area of the scanner glass.
- Tap the ID Copy button to start copying and the page begins printing.
How to Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w?
Scan by using the HP Scan software for Windows
- Install the full feature driver on your Windows system. It contains the HP Scan Software embedded in it.
- Place the document on the scanner glass along with engraved guides on the printer.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant application in the Windows system.
- For a Windows 10 OS, select the All Apps option from the Start menu. Choose the printer name.
- For Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen and choose the printer name from the list.
- For Windows 8, navigate to the Start screen. Click the All Apps option. Choose the printer name.
- For a Windows 7 OS, click Start and choose All Programs. Select HP and choose the printer name from it.
- Click the Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w option in HP Printer Assistant. Select the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Make the necessary changes to the scan settings. Select the Scan option.
- The file automatically stores to the destination folder on the system.
- Change the destination folder if required.
Scan by using the HP Scan software for Mac
- Use the HP Easy Scan Software to scan on the system.
- Place the document on the scanner glass along with the engraved guides.
- If the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer contains an Automatic Document Feeder, insert the paper into it.
- Insert multiple pages into the Automatic Document Feeder for scanning multiple pages in a single file.
- Adjust the paper width guides for the alignment process.
- Open HP Easy Scan which is located in the Application folder of the system.
- Change the Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w settings from the printer’s control panel or the system.
- Use the instructions mentioned on the screen to start the scanning process.
- Click File -> Save to store the scanned files after scanning all the required documents. .
- Change the destination folder of the scanned items if required.
- If the printer supports Scan to Email, send your scanned files to the recipient’s mail address.
How to Change the printer connection type on Windows?
Do you want to change the printer connection type? Select the Device Setup and Software option to modify the connection. Open the HP Printer Assistant software. For Windows 10, select the All Apps option from the Start menu. Type HP on the search bar.
Choose the printer name. For Windows 8.1, click Start located on the left corner of the screen. Choose the printer name. For a Windows 8 OS, right-click on an empty area on the Start menu. Select the All Apps on the app bar and choose the printer name. Click the Tools option in HP Printer Assistant. Click the Device Setup and Software option.
Advanced configuration with HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) with Windows
Open the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) from the software
- Use the Embedded Web Server to control printing functions from the system rather than using the printer’s control panel.
- For a printer connected to the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup network, the Embedded Web Server is automatically available.
- A software named HP Device Toolbox is used to connect to the HP Embedded Web Server if the printer is connected to a system using a USB.
- Open HP Printer Assistant on your Windows system. If the operating system is Windows 10, click Start -> All Apps. Type HP and choose the printer name.
- If the operating system is Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen. Select the printer name.
- Click the Print option in HP Printer Assistant and select the HP Device Toolbox option.
Open the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS) from a web browser
- Print a configuration page to check the IP address or hostname. Press and hold the Start Copy button till the Ready light starts blinking.
- Release the Start Copy button. Open an installed web browser and type the IP address or hostname as it appears on the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup configuration report.
- Press the Enter key to open the Embedded Web Server page.
- If the web browser screens a message that accessing the website is not safe, ignore the message and proceed to the website. Opening the site may not harm the system. Check the device status, supplies status and network summary.
- Control the network related settings using the Networking tab. Use this feature to permit the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Printer network administrator to configure Wi-Fi Direct.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Troubleshooting Guidance
How to Fix “Cartridge is low” or “Cartridge is very low” message displays?
- When the cartridge level is low, it is necessary to redistribute the toner cartridges. The cartridge life may vary based on the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer model.
- Take the existing toner cartridge out of the printer and shake them on the horizontal axis for equal distribution of the cartridge and try to print.
- Re-install the toner cartridge into the printer and close the cover. If the cartridge level is very low, the replacement of the cartridge is necessary for high-quality printing.
- Change the Very Low settings on the printer if the cartridge supplies reach the low state. Open the Embedded Web Server. For a Direct-connected printer, open the HP Printer Assistant software.
- If you have a Windows 10 OS, click the Start menu. Select the All Apps icon. Choose the printer name. If it is Windows 8.1, navigate to the Start screen. Choose the printer name.
- Windows 8 OS – Go to the Start screen. Select the All Apps option on the app bar and choose the printer name from the list.
- Windows 7 OS – Select the Start option from the system desktop. Click the All Programs option, Choose the folder name of the printer and choose the printer name.
- Click the Print option in the HP Printer Assistant and choose the HP Device Toolbox option. For a network connected printer, type the IP address on the browser page. Open the EWS page.
- Select the System option and click the Supply Settings option. Choose any one of your choices from the Very Low Setting on a drop-down menu.
- Click the Stop option to set the printer to stop printing till the toner cartridge replacement gets over. Click the Continue option to set the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer to alert that cartridge is very low, but proceed to print.
How to Resolve Printer does not pick up paper or misfeeds issue?
Why The product does not pick up the paper?
- Blinking of Attention light or error code displays on the printer’s control panel, follow the solutions for the error code.
- The HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Troubleshooting issue may occur due to ripped, dusty, curled or wrinkled paper. Using paper of good quality may resolve it.
- Place the paper on a dry or cool place as this issue often occurs in humid climates. Ensure that the printer is in good condition and paper path is free from obstructions.
- Take the paper stack out of the input tray. Wrinkled or torn papers should be removed entirely from the stack before printing.
- Insert more than 150 sheets of paper with the print side facing upwards and the top edge moving towards the printer. Move the stack forward until it stops.
- Check the paper size and type settings. Change the settings from the printer’s control panel or open the program you are trying to print from.
- For a Windows system, open the installed application and select the File option on top of the menu.
- Select the Print option. Wait till the Print window displays.
- Wait till the Properties display box opens. Select the Properties or Options based on the software program.
- Click the Paper Quality tab and select the Media drop-down menu.
- Choose the Paper size from the drop-down menu. Click OK -> Print. For a Mac system, open the photo or document you intend to print.
- Select the File option and click Print. Ensure that the appropriate printer name is selected. If the options are unavailable, select Show Details.
- Choose the paper size from the Paper Size drop-down menu. Select the paper type from the Paper Type/quality drop-down menu and click Print.
How to Fix The printer picks up multiple sheets in the input tray?
- If the printer feeds various documents at a time, follow the solutions given below. Take the stack of paper from the tray and flip it around 180 degrees.
- After a while, place the paper into the tray. Refer to the user manual to check if the paper is compatible with the printer model.
- Do not use papers that are wrinkled, curled or damaged. Make use of a paper from a different package. Do not overfill the tray.
- Take the entire stack of paper from the tray, align them and place them back to the tray.
- Ensure that the paper width guides are correctly placed along with the paper size.
- Place the printer in a location mentioned in the user manual. It is suggested to use only the same type of paper at a time in the tray.
- Do not insert the paper too far into the tray as it may result in a paper jam issue. Clean the paper drum inside the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer using a clean and damp cloth.
- Dip a clean cloth into distilled water. Squeeze and clean it over the drum to resolve the drum issue.
How to fix the Paper Jam Issue?
- Paper jams may occur at different locations. They may be in the internal areas, input tray, output bin. Jam can be in more than one location.
- If the jammed paper is located inside the printer, clear the paper jam and print a configuration report to test the page.
- Verify if the tray is filled with the appropriate size of paper. Modify the paper settings if necessary. Try to print an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup configuration page to know the IP address or hostname.
- Long-press the Start Copy button until the Ready light starts flickering. After a while, release the button. Double-click any of the web browsers on the computer screen. Type the IP address and press Enter. Wait till EWS page displays.
- Select the System tab and choose the Paper Setup page. Choose the paper type and paper size in the tray. Switch off the printer and wait for at least 30 seconds. Turn it on again.
- Print a cleaning page to remove excess toner from the printer. Open the HP Printer Assistant on your Windows system and open the HP Device Toolbox.
- Select the Service option on the System tab. Select the Start option in the Fuser Cleaning mode area to begin the cleaning process.
- Take all the jammed papers from the input tray and interior of the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer. After removing all jammed papers, print a network test page.
- Remove all obstructions from the carriage movement. If the carriage stuck on the right side of the printer, move it to the left of the printer.
- Follow all the above solutions to resolve the paper jam.
How to Fix print Quality Issues?
- Use genuine cartridge that is compatible with the printer model. The quality and paper type may affect the print job.
- Use the papers mainly designed for Laserjet printers. Verify the toner level in HP Printer Assistant and this is for Windows users.
- Search HP in Windows and choose the printer name from the list. Wait till the HP Printer Assistant tool opens. Click Print-> HP Device Toolbox.
- Select the System tab and choose the Service option. Click the Supplies Status from the Home tab. View the estimated toner remaining in the toner cartridge screen.
- If you have a Mac system, go to the Apple menu. Choose the System Preferences tab and select the Printers and Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w option.
- Choose the printer name and open the Options and Supplies tab. Select the Utility option and click the Open Printer Utility option.
- Wait till the HP Utility displays. Open the Supplies Status from the Home tab. Check the estimated toner level.
- If the toner level is critically low, replace the toner cartridge with a new one. Open the toner access door. Hold the handles of the cartridge and drag it to remove from the slot.
- Take the new ink cartridge from its package. Hold either side of the cartridge and then shake it gently for even distribution.
- Bend the cartridge and drag the tab to remove the sealing tape on top of it. Align the new toner cartridge along tracks inside the printer and push it until it snaps.
- Close the toner cartridge access door. Print a test page and verify if the print quality is satisfactory.
Why the Printer not printing after Wireless Setup Configuration?
- Turn on the printer and check if it is in the ready state. Switch off the third-party firewalls on the system.
- Ensure that the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup network is operating correctly. Check if the system is functioning correctly. Reboot the system.
- Check if you can open the HP Embedded Web Server from a system on the network. Upgrade the firewall if available from the manufacturer.
- Make sure that the installed firewall on the system allows multiple access of programs to run.
- Disable the firewall for a while and install the wireless printer on the system. After a while, activate the firewall if you have completed the wireless installation.
Why The wireless connection does not work if I move the router or printer?
- Reconfigure the printer to Network Defaults. Access settings from the front panel of the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer or system.
- If no front panel is available for configuration, use the USB cable to connect. If you are using the WPS method, the router or printer should be compatible with this method.
- Ensure that the printer and the system are at least 5 feet apart. Deactivate the IPv6(is what) for a while. Set the router in the 2.4GHz band.
- Check if the encryption method should be the same for the printer as it for the wireless access point.
- Ensure that the router, printer, and the system are connected to the same HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup network. Try to print a configuration page.
- Insert plain papers into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides along the edges of the paper. Press the Information button to print the network page.
- Obtain the network name on the configuration page in the printer or system. If the network IP address is not the same, then devices are not connected to the same network.
- Re-customize the wireless setup for the printer. Turn off the printer. Plug the power cable out from the printer’s rear and wall socket.
- After a while, re-plug all power cables to the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup’s rear and wall socket. Turn on the printer. Gather the network name and password before connecting to the network.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard method to connect the printer to a wireless network. It displays the list of wireless networks. Select the network name and password to start the wireless setup.
How to Perform a wireless network diagnostic test?
- Run a diagnostic test from the printer’s control panel which provides information about the wireless settings.
- Open HP Embedded Web Server. Print a configuration page to verify the IP address or hostname.
- Press and hold the Copy button till the Ready light flickers. After a while, release the button. Open a web browser.
- Type the IP address on the web browser and the result. It displays on the Printer Configuration page. Press Enter to open the EWS.
- Click the Networking tab. Check if the ON option is selected o the Wireless Configuration page.
- Select the Print Test report option to print a test page. It contains information about the printer’s wireless connection.
- The information page has the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer status, hardware address, and the IP address.
The network doesn’t appear in the wireless networks list
- Ensure that the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup router is powered up and has sufficient power supply.
- Check if the network is hidden and connect the system to the hidden network.
- If your printer connected to a wired network, ensure that the network cable is not connected.
- Try connecting other devices to the wireless network to check if the network has lost communication.
- Test the network connection. Open a command-line prompt on your system. Select the Start and Run option from Windows.
- Type cmd and press Enter. Type ping and the router’s IP address. Open the Network utility tab if you have a Mac system.
- Key in the IP address in the appropriate field in the Ping pane. If you can see window screens round-trip times, the network is operating correctly.
- Ensure that the router or the printer connects to the same network that the system connects to. After that, the printer prints a configuration page.
- Check if the printer is not connected to a VPN and other networks at the same time. Download and launch the HP Print and Scan on HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Doctor tool to resolve the communication issue.
- After download driver for HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M29w, launch the tool on the system using your Internet browser’s download capabilities. Select the Fix Scanning option to review a list of issues and fixes.
- View the list of actionable results in HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen. If you see a white checkmark, then the printer has completed the test.
- If you view a white wrench, then the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool found an issue and it needs to be resolved.
How to connect more computers to the wireless printer?
- Ensure that the other systems are within the wireless range and no obstacles block the signal. The wireless range should be within 100 ft of the wireless access point.
- Check if the printer is switched on and is in the ready state. Do not connect the printer for more than five concurrent Wi-Fi Direct users.
- Deactivate the third party firewall on the system. Ensure that the wireless network and system are working correctly. Reboot the system if necessary.
- The other method to connect the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29W Setup to multiple systems is to install the printer driver or software on each network-connected system.
- Use the CD that is compatible with the computer’s operating system. If you have lost the CD, download driver for HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M29w from our website
- Install it depending on the guidelines mentioned on the screen. During the installation process, choose either Through the Network, Network or Wireless when it prompts.
- The installed software automatically detects the HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w printer over the network. Try to print a network page from the printer.
- If you view an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M29w Wireless Setup printer with Mac systems on the network, navigate to the Apple menu. Click the System Preferences option.
- Select the Print & Fax, Printers & Scanners depending on the Mac operating system version. Select the + sign and click the Add Printer option.
- Choose the printer name in the Default tab of the resulting window. Choose either AirPrint or the printer name in the Use pull down.
- Click Add. Follow the guidelines below to connect the printer to multiple systems.