Full Guidelines for Officejet 5255 all in One Printer
How to Setup and Install Officejet 5255 Printer?
- Go to Officejet 5255 all in One Printer.
- Enter your printer model and click Begin for your Officejet 5255 Driver Download.
- Click Download, then Open, Save or Run on the window that displays, to download the driver.
- Double click on the driver file downloaded to your computer to start the installation process.
- Follow the on screen instructions and complete the OJ5255 printer connection setup and the driver installation.
- Now come back to Officejet 5255 Printer Setup Page to finish the Officejet 5255 printer registration and activation
Where to Get Free Officejet 5255 Printer Driver and Manual Download?
Avail the latest version of the printer driver and manual from oj5255 printer download within seconds.
Total Guide for Officejet 5255 Printer Unboxing
The simple oj5255 instructions on how to do the unboxing setup for your Officejet 5255 printer is given here. Utilize these set of instructions provided on this page and set the control panel preferences, install the ink cartridges, load the paper, and install the printer driver and software.
Step 1 : Open the cardboard box of your Officejet 5255 all in One Printer and take the device from it. Eliminate the materials that are stuffed in it. Remove the sticker and the tapes stuck on the printer’s inside and outside. Place all the removed materials aside for recycling and then take the sticker that is stuck on the control panel of your printer. Open the ink cartridge access door in your printer and there you will find the stuffed packing materials. Remove them all from it and close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Next, open the input tray door in your Officejet 5255 Printer Setup. Drag it completely outwards and remove all the packing material stuffed inside it. After removing them completely, push the input tray back to its place. Place the removed packing materials for recycling and close the input tray door in your printer.
Step 3 : Take the power cord from the box and connect it between your printer and wall outlet. Press the power button to switch on your printer and then set the preferences on the control panel screen. Select the desired language and then choose your Country/Region for your device. Then select the date/time for your device. Finally, tap on Yes to confirm the choice that was made and a welcome screen displays.
Step 4 : Attempt to lift the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place. The carriage moves to the left and then give some time for the carriage till it remains idle and silent before you continue. Slowly take the ink cartridges out and remove the plastic tape on the ink cartridge. Try to lift the lid which is present on the ink cartridge slot.
Step 5 : Take the ink cartridges and carefully insert them one after another into the slot in your device. After the ink cartridges are inserted, gently press them in order to fix them properly in their place. After they are fixed properly, close the lid on the ink cartridge slot and close the ink cartridge access door. After the door is closed, ensure it is properly locked.
Step 6 : Open the input tray door and slide out the paper guides, and then insert the media in portrait orientation. The print side of the paper should face down and do not load more than 250 sheets in the paper tray. Push the paper stack and slide the paper guides. The guides should not be pushed tightly.
Step 7 : Push the input tray in your printer and then click on Done on the printer’s control panel screen. Pull out the output tray and then lift the output tray extender. To obtain the best print quality while printing, align the ink cartridges in your printer. To align the ink cartridge, lift the scanner lid and place the alignment page on the scanner glass in your Officejet 5255 all in One Printer. Position the paper properly according to the engraved guides.
Step 8 : Close the scanner lid and click the Ok option on the control panel screen. Align the ink cartridges in your printer. After aligning the ink cartridges, click on Ok on the control panel screen of your printer. Next, install the driver and software for your printer.
How to Print on OJ 5255?
Follow the instructions that are described below if you want to print on both sides of the page using this Officejet 5255 all in One Printer.
Step 1 : Place enough amount of blank paper in your printer, in order to overcome the page ordering issues. Click on File on the document, and then tap on Print.
Step 2 : Choose your printer name. Click on Printer properties, Preferences, or Officejet 5255 Printer Setup. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window displays.
Step 3 : Check if you can find the printing shortcuts tab. Tap on Print on Both sides or Two-sided Printing option if it is available.
Step 4 : Tap on the Layout, Features, or Finishing tab if it is not available. Choose Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing. Choose the binding or page flip button. Tap OK, then select Print.
Step 5 : Remove the printed page. Then load it in the input tray and select Continue. The page’s other side gets print.
How to Copy on OJ 5255?
Follow the instructions that are given below in simple stepwise format if you want to copy the documents and the photos.
Step 1 : On the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder, place the document or photo. It might vary based on your printer type.
Step 2 : The photos should be loaded on ADF. Click on the Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the control panel screen. Then make the changes in the available basic settings as required.
Step 3 : Tap on the Officejet 5255 all in One Printer Settings option or the Gear icon if you want to access more advanced copy settings. Make the required changes.
Step 4 : Then choose the Start button. Tap on the Back option to return to the main copy screen. To the main copy screen, you will be reverted.
Step 5 : Then choose the Start Black, Start Color, or Ok button. Atonce, the copy job begins. You can remove the document from your device, once the copy job is completed.
How to Scan on OJ 5255?
Make use of the instructions that are given below to scan the documents from your Windows computer.
Step 1 : First take the document and place it on the scanner glass on your printer. Depending on the type of your printer, load it either in the document feeder slot or in the automatic document feeder.
Step 2 : Inserting the photos on ADF causes the problems on your device. So avoid it. Search for the printer in the Windows. Tap on your Officejet 5255 Printer Setup model name in the displayed results.
Step 3 : When the Printer Assistant gets open, tap on Scan a Document or Photo and the Scan gets open.
Step 4 : Then, choose a shortcut key that is similar to the file type and it should also open the resulting action that you require. Alter the available settings in the right pane if you want to change any settings.
Step 5 : Click on the Scan button on your computer screen after you have made all the changes. The scanning process begins. After the scanning process completes, the document gets scanned.
How to Download and Install Officejet 5255 Printer?
How to Download OJ 5255 Driver Download for Windows?
- The latest driver for your printer is available on this website. Find the driver download link below this page. Click on the provided link and the driver download page gets open.
- In the opened driver download page, the model name of your printer should be entered. After entering the model name, select your operating system if it prompts to choose.
- Based on the printer model name, the Easy Start begins to download on your Officejet 5255 all in One Printer. Open the downloaded file to install it on your computer.
- When the installation process happens, the computer screen displays the on-screen prompts. Follow all the on-screen prompts accordingly as they are displayed.
- During the installation process, if it instructs to select the mode of connection for your printer, choose it and then continue with the remaining on-screen instructions.
- While saving the file on the Windows computer, save it with the .exe format. After completing all the instructions, the downloaded file gets install on your device.
- After the printer driver gets install on your device, perform all the tasks on your device.
- Another way to install the printer driver is using the printer CD. Install the driver for your printer using the printer CD. Insert the printer CD in your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation. The printer CD is available in the box.
How to Download OJ 5255 Driver Download for Mac?
- If an updated Officejet 5255 all in One Printer driver is required, download and install it from this website. The download link is displayed below. Tap on the link and the driver download page gets open with the available drivers.
- Select the best driver and then tap on the Download button. The selected driver starts to download on your device.
- Depending on the printer type, the Easy Start might get download. While saving the file, save it with the .dmg format.
- After the driver gets downloaded, open the downloaded file and begin the installation process. During the installation process, the instructions will be displayed on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. If it instructs to select the mode of connection for your Officejet 5255 Printer Setup, select it.
- Continue with the on-screen prompts and finally, the downloaded printer driver gets install on your device. Perform all the tasks after the printer driver installs on the Mac device.
- Another option to install the Mac driver is using the Apple software update.
- If there is any issue in installing the latest driver, get our experts assistance.
Setting Up oj5255 WiFi Protected Setup
In WPS, there are two modes for connecting devices together over a wireless connection. Pushbutton is the first mode and the PIN is the second mode. The first mode is little easy. The guidance on how to establish the Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) for both the Windows and Mac computer is given below.
- Select Wireless Button -> control panel -> Settings.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then select Next.
- Select wireless connection, and select Next.
- Select Settings -> network username -> password.
- Insert printer drivers CD-ROM, and then Install driver software.
- Choose a wireless setup and name for your network, and then select Finish.
- If you want to ensure no one has access to your network, enter and confirm a password, and then select OK.
Officejet 5255 WiFi Protected Setup for Windows
- First, the available wireless networks should be opened. All the available Officejet 5255 all in One Printer WiFi networks is shown in a list. Locate the network and choose its name and then tap Connect.
- Enter the password in order to connect to the required network. Open the wireless router or the access point. Press and hold the WPS button for few seconds.
- There is a round button on the back of the router and it will be indicated with the WPS symbol. After a few seconds, your computer will receive the wireless settings automatically from the router. It then connects itself to the Wi-Fi network without the need to enter the password.
- You have now connected to the wireless network using the WPS. When you attempt to connect from this computer next time, you needn’t use the Officejet 5255 Printer Setup WPS button again. This is because all the required settings are transferred by the router to the Windows computer.
- When the future connections are required to establish from your computer to the same network, then it will store and use these details automatically when required.
Officejet 5255 WiFi Protected Setup for Mac
- First, open the AirPort Utility if your Wi-Fi router is an AirPort Base Station. You can find it in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. In the AirPort Utility, choose your base station.
- Enter the base station password if prompted. In the menu bar, select the Base Station option and then tap on the Add WPS printer option.
- When it prompts to choose the WPS connection, choose either the First attempt or PIN. Then select the Continue option.
- If the First attempt method is selected, push the WPS button on the printer. If the AirPort Utility shows the Mac address of your Officejet 5255 Printer Setup, click on the Done button.
- If the PIN method is selected, the type the printer’s PIN number. It should be listed in the printer’s documentation. Then select the Continue option and when the Mac address of your printer is displayed by the AirPort Utility, select the Done button. Finally, close the AirPort Utility.
Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
To use your wireless network, first connect it to the network and then install the latest driver for your Officejet 5255 all in One Printer. Follow the below instructions accordingly to set up your printer on a local wireless network with a Windows computer.
Officejet 5255 Wireless Printer Setup
- Ensure the wireless icon is switched on before you starting print job.
- Check whether your Officejet 5255 printer is connected with wireless network connection.
- Open WiFi settings, and check your oj5255 printer is connected with same wireless network connection.
- Goto to App store and choose compatible printing app.
- Next click on App share button and search Print icon.
- Move to Home Screen, Open the document, then click Share Icon.
- OR Click Main menu, and Click Print Button.
- Select File to Print, and click Print option.
- In Printer Options, Select your Officejet 5255 all in One Printer.
- Goto Print Settings, Enter copies number, and click Print.
- Print Job done successfully.
Step 1 : Prepare for installation
Before setting up the printer on a wireless network, gather the network name also known as SSID and also gather the network password also called as WPS security passphrase or WEP key. Turn on the router and he computer and check if the computer is connected to your wireless network. Switch on your printer and check if it is connected to the same wireless network to which your computer is connected to. Move your printer little close to the computer and the router during the setup procedure. Remove if there are any USB or Ethernet cables connected from your printer.
Step 2 : Connect the printer to the wireless network
There are two method through which you can connect the printer to the wireless network. One method is using the WPS method and the other one is Standard connection using a USB cable method.
Setting Up OJ5255 Using WPS Method
- To connect your setup 5255 printer to the wireless network using the WPS, follow the steps that are given below.
- Tap on the WPS button which is present on your wireless router.
- Press and hold the Wireless button for few seconds on the control panel screen if your printer. If the wireless light begins to blink, then release te button.
- Wait for some time when the printer establishes a network connection with the wireless router. Try using another connection method Officejet 5255 all in One Printer if the WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) method is not successful.
Setting Up OJ5255 Using Cable Method
- To connect your printer to the wireless network using a USB cable, follow the instructions below.
- First, insert the software CD into the CD drive and follow the on-screen instructions. Choose the Connect through a wireless network option when it prompts you to select.
- If it prompts to connect the USB cable between your computer and printer, connect it between them.
How to Setup Officejet 5255 Ethernet Network?
- Ethernet is a link layer in the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and Internet Protocol (IP) stack.
- It describes how network devices can format data to other network devices on the same network and how put the data out on the network connection.
- It mainly works with fiber optic cables connecting devices with a distance of 10km and supports 10 Mbps.
- An Ethernet cable runs from each Network Interface Card connected to a central switch.
- There are three types of Ethernet networks switch Ethernet, gigabit Ethernet, and fast Ethernet.
Officejet 5255 Ethernet Networking for Windows
- A network router, switch or hub with Ethernet ports must be available.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to the router, switch or hub.
- A standard telephone cable which is narrow and has between two to six wires cannot be used. Obtain an Ethernet cable which is wide and has eight wires.
- Switch on the printer and remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port.
- The Officejet 5255 Printer Setup port must be connected to the Ethernet cable and connect the other end of the port to the network, hub or switch.
- In case, your printer is not getting connected, then install the driver.
- Enter the printer model and ensure that the operating system is correct and click submit.
- The operating system can be changed using the Change option.
- Basic Drivers can be used for other driver options.
- Restart the printer or computer if an error occurs. Check the cable and network connection.
- If the installation does not start it can be done with driver installation. Click Download next to Easy Start in the Downloads folder and begin the installation.
Officejet 5255 Ethernet Networking for Mac
- Ethernet ports, router, hubs and switches must be available.
- Make sure that the system is connected to the router, hubs or switches.
- An Ethernet cable with 8 wires can be used but a standard telephone cable cannot be used.
- Switch on the Officejet 5255 all in One Printer and remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the hub, switch.
- Install the driver.
- Enter the model of your printer and click Begin.
- Depending upon the driver and software, the Easy Start downloads and based on the instructions, select wired network as the connection type.
- If the installation does not work, select driver product installation software. Click Download next to Easy Start so that the installation begins.