Full Guide for Officejet Pro 6960 Printer
The OJPRO6960 Printer is an inkjet printer with mid-range performance. This all-in-one Officejet Pro 6960 Printer can perform print, scan, copy, and fax, clearly making this an ideal choice for small office settings. The elegant design with infused curves and molded finish is sure to appeal to the artist in everyone.
Unbox your ojpro6960 printer from the box
Unboxing is the process that needs to be followed to setup the Officejet Pro 6960 Printer after receiving the printer package. The device is carefully inspected for damages and if the accessories are in order.
- Move the package to a flat and sturdy counter. Discard the package materials and remove the contents.
- The shipment includes the printer, new cartridges, power cord, driver CD, user manual, and USB cable.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the power socket in the wall directly.
- Remove the packaging present in the new OJPRO6960 Printer cartridge and the tape present underneath it. The cartridge is carefully placed in its respective slot. Close the access door when done.
- The tape present on the trays is removed. Input tray is opened and the output tray is extended. Extend the paper width and paper length markers present in the tray to their maximum limits.
- The paper is fanned, stacked on a counter before placing them in the input tray.
- Install the driver software from the CD provided. Choose your mode of network connection.
Wireless Printer Setup
Your printer has the capability of working wirelessly which when set up, can be modified to perform Mobile Printing. All it takes is configuring the device and this can be achieved by diligently following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the wireless option on your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer’s Control Panel. Your printer will proceed to scan for all the available networks in the surrounds. The result is displayed. Choose your network from the list and connect with it by entering the password.
- Proceed with installation after downloading the driver software. Install Assistant or Installation Wizard can be used in the event of desiring assistance for driver install.
- Choose wireless as the mode of your network connection during the installation process. This decision can only be changed if the software is reinstalled.
- Download the full-feature driver software if it is available. This contains additional software that will assist with the printer operations. Otherwise, you will have to download the various software separately on different occasions.
- The setup is more or less similar to the previously mentioned process. Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network. Connect your printer by opening the Wireless option and allowing it to scan. A list of available networks is provided. Choose the one that belongs to you. Enter the password and connect to it.
- The driver software can be downloaded from the link provided by our experts. You can receive it from our technical staff by talking to them. On the link, enter your printer model and opt for the Full-feature OJPRO6960 Printer driver. They contain all the necessary printer related software.
- Choose the operating system as Mac and then click the download button. The file is in the .dmg format and can be easily recognized by your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the Officejet Pro 6960 Printer driver software. Choose wireless as your mode of network connection. Print a document to check the connection status.
How to print photos with windows photo viewer
Printing can be performed from a variety of application and Windows Photo Viewer is one of it. This application as the name suggests is used to view photos. An option to print directly exists in its menu.
- Power on your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer and make sure it is in a print ready state. This would mean that the ink cartridge is installed and that the input tray has paper loaded in it.
- Replace regular paper with photo paper for enhanced clarity and better quality of prints. Open the photo to be printed with the Photo Viewer and click the Print icon.
- A window displaying the settings will open. Here, you can make changes to your print. This includes varying the quality, Grayscale, Resolution, number of prints etc.
- For printing photos, it is recommended to choose the Border less Printing option. As this will eliminate the border and print photos for the full width of the paper.
- After modifying the document, you will be taken to a window that shows a list of all the printer that is currently configured to your computer. Choose the printer that is currently in use and click Print.
How to scan to computer
With the help of Scanning, you can make a digital version of your document or photo. This process consumes no ink. The scanner glass is kept clean for best performance.
- Like every other printer operation, scanning requires the driver software to be installed. It is best to opt for the full feature Officejet Pro 6960 Printer driver as it contains all the software required for efficient printer operation.
- Place the document or photo face down on the scanner glass and close the lid. Press the Scan button on the Control Panel.
- Open OJPRO6960 Printer Assistant and open Scan found under Scan option. From this section, you can control the output of the process.
- A preview of the document is displayed. Save the document if you are satisfied with the results. The document is saved in PDF and the directory can be altered.
How to scan to memory device
This can be done with the help of the Smart app. Click the Plus icon to add or change your current printer. Choose a scanning option between Scan Using
- Click the Settings icon to select the input source and change the Scan Settings when you choose Scan Using the Printer Scanner. Select Scan and then select Import Local.
- Click Open after selecting the document or photo that you want to scan. The contrast, brightness, saturation, and angle of the document can be adjusted from Edit option.
- Choose the desired file type and then click the Save icon to save the image on a memory device such as the memory stick. Click Save after choosing the Memory stick as your destination file where the current file will be saved.
Faxing is the process of sending and receiving documents over a telephone line. The advantages of this method is the security that it has to offer. Follow the steps mentioned below for detailed instructions.
Step 3: Send a fax from the scanner glass
- Lift the scanner lid and place the original document face down and position it on the rear-corner of the glass. On your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer’s control panel, select Fax and type the fax number in Enter Fax Number field.
- Click Start Fax. A Fax from the flatbed scanner? message will be displayed for which you have to click Yes. When it prompts to add another page, select yes if there are multiple pages.
Step 4 : Send a fax from the automatic document feeder
- Insert the document that needs to be scanned on the ADF. Select Fax from the control panel. Select Start Fax after typing the fax number in the Enter Fax Number box. Now, the printer will scan the document and then the fax will be sent.
Step 3 : Establish the basic fax settings
You can also scrutinise the default OJPRO6960 Printer settings based on the requirements. Make use of the instructions below to alter the settings.
Add contacts to phone-book
Go through the instructions below to add a new contact to the phone book.
- Open the control panel of your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer and then select Fax and Send Now.
- Click on the Phone Book icon.
- Navigate to the Phone Book Contact icon, click the Plus sign to add a contact.
- Click name, index the name and then click on the Done
- Click Fax number, and then enter the fax number of the contact, click Done.
- Click Add.
Officejet Pro 6960 Troubleshooting
Every device is bound to run into issues with prolonged usage. This can be prevented by following the operating instructions. The issues can be rectified by adhering to the troubleshooting tips.
Paper mismatch error
Paper mismatch error is caused as a result of the paper in the paper tray and the paper size mentioned in the printer setting not matching. Other ways this can be fixed are as follows.
Adjust the paper size
- Open the document to print and click the Print icon. A list of the available device currently connected to your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer is displayed. Choose your printer and click next.
- the ones in your tray.
Verify the paper source setting
- Go to the File option in the program you print from.
- Go to Print –> Properties –> Paper/Quality –> Paper Source and choose the Input Tray that contains the paper.
Reset the printer
- This is the solution to most of the issues that are developed during the set up process.
- Turn on your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer and unplug the power cord.
- Reconnect the power cord after a duration of 60 seconds. The connection is made directly without the aid of voltage stabilisers.
- The printer is turned on and checked for the error status.
When the printer becomes irresponsive and print jobs are delayed, it can be the result of various issues plaguing your printer. Follow the OJPRO6960 Printer steps mentioned below to rectify the printer of the same.
The printer is reset
- Keep the printer on to perform the printer reset operation. Proceed with abruptly removing the power cord from the printer’s rear. The power cords are reconnected after a waiting period of 60 seconds. The printer will automatically turn on.
Check your print driver settings
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel, open Devices and Printers. Open the Set Preferences after which in the Paper type area, Ensure that Plain Paper is selected. Other options such as draft, Normal, fast draft, etc exists. The Quality Mode is set to Normal as this is the fastest.
Reinstall the print driver
- Disconnect the cable If you have set the network connection via USB. In your Control Panel, choose Programs and Features and click on your OJPRO6960 Printer driver icon and choose Uninstall. Reinstall by following the instructions in reverse.
Update your driver and firmware
- Update your printer Firmware by clicking the Firmware from the Softwares and Download option and press the Update button.
Check the status of your network
- The strength of your network connection should be checked. In case of wireless, check the signal strength by observing the signal bar on the computer and the wireless indicator on your Officejet Pro 6960 Printer. Place the router, printer and computer close to each other.