123.HP.COM Officejet4650 PRINTER SETUP
HP OFFICEJET 4650 Features
The HP Officejet 4650 is stylish and gives you access to a wealth of features. It has a high-resolution monochrome touch screen that is easy to access and use. You will be able to save up to 50% on ink with HP’s Instant Ink subscription service. You can print from anywhere or even print without a network using Wireless Direct printing.
Printer Specifications and features
- The maximum print speed is p to 9.5 ppm (black) and 6.8 ppm (color).
- The recommended monthly page volume is 100 to 400 pages.
- The maximum print resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (black) and 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi (color).
- The printer has a processor speed of 360 MHz and it is Energy Star certified.
- It supports USB and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- It has 100-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder and 25-sheet output tray.
First time printer setup
The first step after receiving your printer is to unbox it. You will be able to carry on with the next steps only after unboxing the printer. Locate a suitable area to set up your HP Officejet 4650 printer. Follow the step-by-step procedure given below to unbox your printer.
- After unboxing your printer and its components, clear away the packaging materials from the printer. Inside the box, you will find a set of ink cartridges, power cord, user guide and printer setup disc for Windows and Mac operating system.
- Remove the printer from the plastic bag. Cut open the tape that is holding things in places such as the scanner unit and side panels. Open the cartridge access door. Remove all tape and packing material present inside the printer. Remove the sticker covering your printer’s touch panel.
- Install the duplexer, connect the power cord of your printer to the wall outlet and power up your printer. On your printer’s control panel, select your preferred language, date, time and location. Load the paper that should be printed in the paper tray with the print side facing downward.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Unwrap the new cartridges from their package and install them into their respective slots. After installation, close the cartridge access door. The printer will calibrate and print an alignment page.
- To complete the setup, scan the alignment page. Install the latest driver and software. The manual and driver can be downloaded from our website. To check the printer’s performance, try to print a sample document.
Wireless Setup Wizard
To configure your printer over a wireless network, the network name and password is required. Turn on the router and computer. The printer and computer should be connected to the same wireless network with an active internet connection.
- From your printer’s control panel, choose the Wireless option. On the Wireless Summary Screen, choose Settings and then Wireless settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard and your printer will search for the networks within range. Select your wireless network from the list of results.
- If prompted, enter the WPA key and then follow the on-screen instructions to establish a wireless network connection for your printer. If you have installed the driver software and connected the printer to your computer, then this can be used to change the connection type.
- Select your printer’s name in the list of programs and then choose the Utilities option. Click Printer Setup and Software in the Utilities window. Choose the option Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- Try to print the wireless test report which provides information about the printer status and IP address. If the printer is connected to a network, the report will display the details about the network settings. Try to print a test document to check the connectivity.
Without using a router or access point your Wi-Fi capable devices can establish a wireless network connection directly to your printer using the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
- On your printer’s control panel, turn on HP wireless direct. On your mobile device, make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on and it should be connected to Wi-Fi Direct. Select the correct network name and enter the WPA2 passphrase or the Wi-Fi Direct password.
- Go to our website and download the driver software. Make sure you are installing the driver that suits your printer model and your computer’s operating system. During installation, choose Wireless as the connectivity option. Print a test document to check the connectivity.
- If you are using a USB connection, then open HP Solution Center. Go to Utilities and select Printer Setup and Software. Click Connect a New Printer and in the Connection Options screen, select Wireless. Now you will be able to set up the network connection.
How to Fax on your 123.hp.com/setup 4650 Printer
- Make sure the cartridges are installed and enough paper is loaded into the input tray. Disconnect any telephone devices from the phone jack and unplug the yellow wire from the fax phone port on the back of the printer.
- Connect one end of the telephone cord to the fax line-in port and the other end to the phone jack. Touch the Setup icon on your printer’s control panel. Select Fax Setup and then choose Basic Setup. Go through the Settings and select Rings to Answer.
- Pick a number that is two rings more than your answering machine setting. Select Answer Mode and make sure that the Automatic option is selected. Remove all originals from the document feeder tray. Lift the scanner lid and place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Select the Fax option on your printer’s control panel. Type the fax number in the Enter Fax Number field. Click Start Fax and the printer will start scanning the document. If there are multiple pages, then select yes when it prompts to add another page.
- If you want to scan from the feeder unit, then insert the pages that need to be scanned inside the ADF. Slide the paper width guides inward until they touch the edge of the paper. Select Fax and enter the fax number in the Enter Fax Number box on your printer’s touch panel.
How to configure and use HP ePrint
- First, you will have to download the HP ePrint mobile app. On your Android device, go to Google Play Store. If prompted, sign into your Google account. Tap the search icon, then tap the search field and type HP ePrint. Select HP ePrint in the list of search results and then tap the Install option.
- Click Accept to download the free app. Now you are ready to set up the HP ePrint mobile app to print from your device. After the installation, open the application. The HP ePrint mobile app will allow you to print from photo albums and from the saved files folder on your device.
- First, make sure the printer you are printing to is on and the appropriate paper is loaded. Connect your printer to the wireless network. On your Android device, tap the HP ePrint mobile app icon. A Welcome screen will open with further information about ePrint and activation services.
- Click Done when you are finished reading through the information or tap Skip to continue the setup process. Navigate to the photo you want to print and tap the photo thumbnail. Choose your printer’s name in the list of available printers. If you wish to edit the photo, tap the edit icon and make any changes.
- Then tap Done to return to the preview screen. The correct printer email address should be mentioned in the To: field. Make sure that there are not more than 10 attachments per email print job. Including the attachments, the total size of the email must be 10 MB or less.
- Photos must have a vertical and horizontal resolution of 100 pixels or higher. Make sure the subject line has text. If there is a blank email subject line, the HP ePrint server might cancel the print job. Tap Print to print your photo.
How to print using Air Print
- First, make sure your HP printer is turned on. Touch the Setup icon from your printer’s control panel. Select Network Setup and click OK. Scroll to Wireless Direct and then press OK. Turn on Wireless Direct and press the right arrow button to select the Wireless Direct Name.
- This will be the name for your HP Printer when you search for available printers from your Apple mobile device. To change this name, you will need to connect your printer to a wireless network to use the HP Embedded Web Server. Click Wireless Direct Mode and then touch Open Network or Print Only.
- The Print Only option will allow mobile users to access the printing functions of the printer. The Open Network option will allow mobile users to access the printing function, as well as other printer features. You can also set up a wireless connection for your printer.
- Configure the wireless settings by selecting the Wireless Setup Wizard on your printer’s control panel. Enter your network’s name and password. Your printer will be connected to the wireless network. Make sure your computer is also connected to the same network. On your Apple device, tap the Settings icon.
- The Settings window will open. From the pane on the left side, tap Wi-Fi. The wireless settings menu will open. Turn on Wi-Fi and then select the HP Wireless Direct printer’s name. Open the document you want to print and tap the Print icon. Change your print options if desired and then tap Print.