123.HP.COM OJ 4650 PRINTER SETUP
HP OFFICEJET 4650 Features
The All-In-One printer lets you print, copy, scan and fax as well at an affordable price. The compact printer can easily fit anywhere. The 35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder is capable to feed multi-page documents to the scanning bed. This avoids the need to replace the page each time. HP OJ 4650 is compatible with mobile-printing apps such as HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and Air Print.
Printer Features and Specifications
- The printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- It offers fast and high-quality photo printing.
- You can easily print from anywhere without disruptions using the optional quiet mode.
- The printer has a 100-sheet input tray and an output tray with a capacity of 25-sheets.
- It has a duty cycle of 1200 pages per month.
- The printer supports borderless printing.
Setting up your 123.HP.Com oj 4650 Printer for the First Time
Setting up the printer is quite easy where you simply have to unbox the printer and then discard all the packing materials from the printer. Go through the guidelines given below to complete the remaining steps.
- Make sure that you view the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box as the contents may differ based on the country/region.
- Remove all the unwanted wrap from the printer and control panel. Also, carefully discard the tape from the ink cartridge access door and the input tray.
- Plug in one end of the power cord to the hind side of the printer and the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Now, power on the printer, then set the preferences on the control panel and then select the preferred language and country/region.
- Also, set the date and time and then click Yes to confirm your choice.
- Open the input tray, then carefully pull it toward you to extend the paper tray and then slide the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Place a stack of plain paper into the paper tray with the short edge forward and the print side down.
- Install the ink cartridges after discarding the plastic wrap from it. Open the ink cartridge access door, then insert the cartridge into its slot and then close the lid to secure the ink cartridge into place.
The foremost step is to change the wireless network connection to the wi-fi direct connection. Go through the prompts given below to print from your mobile or computer.
- On the control panel, make sure that you select the HP wireless direct icon or navigate to the Network Setup or Wireless Settings menu.
- Now, click Wireless Direct and then turn on the connection. When connecting to the printer, if you require a password, click On or On with security.
- It is advisable to note the security passcode and then click OK.
- Click Settings –> Wi-Fi –> File –> Print. Make sure that you type the security passcode from the control panel if prompted.
- Once you open the photo or document you want to print, select your printer model from the list of available printers and then click Print.
- Make sure that you reconnect the mobile device or computer to your normal wireless network after the print job completes.
Wireless Setup Wizard
Note that you cannot use Wireless Setup Wizard for printers without a touch display. The prompts to setup this network are given below.</p.
- The fundamental step is to check if you know your network name and security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
- On the control panel, go to the Network menu or click the wireless icon and then select settings.
- When you click the Wireless Setup Wizard option, you may notice a list of wireless networks in the area.
- Now, choose your wireless network from the list. If your wireless network is not listed, type your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list.
- On entering the name manually, make sure that the upper and lower case characters are perfect.
- Now, type your WEP key or WPA passphrase. Check if your printer connects to your wireless network.
- If it does not connect, print a Wireless Network Test report to determine the issue.
How to Fax
The basic guidelines to set up the fax on your HP OJ 4650 printer are given below.
- The foremost step is to set up the ink cartridges and then load the input tray with either U.S. Letter or A4-size paper.
- Make sure that you connect the printer to the telephone cord and adapter (if provided).
- Analyze the type of telephone system as there are two types based on the country/region.
- To fax successfully, it is advisable to use the phone cord that came with the printer.
- Note that both Serial and Parallel type phone system have different instructions for fax setup.
- In order to fax successfully, use the phone cord provided to connect the printer to the wall jack.
- Click the Right Arrow on the printer’s control panel and then select Setup to set the fax date and time.
- Select the Down Arrow and then click the Preferences option.
- To set the month, day and year, make sure that you click the Up and Down Arrows and then to return to the Preferences menu, select the Return Arrow.
- Now, set the fax volume and fax header by following the prompts on the screen.
- In order to set the fax correctly, run a fax test.
- If you find that the printer has problems faxing and the report indicates the printer passed the test, re-check the fax settings listed in the report.
How to print using Air Print
This app delivers both quality photos and documents from Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod preventing the installation of an additional software. Follow the guidelines given below to print using Air Print.
Step 1: Checking the requirements
- It is advisable to get an Apple iOS device running on iOS 4.2 or later.
- Make sure that your HP OJ 4650 printer and the Apple iOS device have the same local network.
- Also, the printer must either support Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct.
- Connect your printer to the same network used by Mac, iPhone,iPad or iPod.
- It is advisable to get the software updates for the printer to print from Mac and iOS devices.
- Place the printer closer to the Wi-Fi router to obtain good network signal.
Step 2: Configuring the wireless connection
- Make sure that you connect both the Apple iOS device and the printer before giving the print option, either through a wireless network or through Wi-Fi Direct.
- If your computer is connected to a USB cable, then use Wi-Fi Direct connection.
Step 3: Printing photo or document from Apple iOS device
- Power on the printer, then click the Action icon to print the document, photo, email, or web page.
- Based on the type of file, click Print or the Print icon.
- Select Printer –> Options. Note that when the printer is in black ink mode only, the Options menu may not display.
- Finally, select the desired number of copies to print and then click Print.
How to configure and use HP ePrint
Follow the basic guidelines given below to configure and print using HP ePrint.
Step 1: Checking the HP e-Print specifications
- Make sure that you navigate to the Web Services Setup, Network Setup or Wireless Settings to establish the Web Services menu if the control panel does not have a button or icon.
- Choose a suitable network connection and then proceed to the next step.
- Initiate Web Series such that the printer gets through the Internet with web-connected printing services, such as HP e-Print.
Step 2: Collecting the printer’s e-mail address
- Make sure that you wait for the printer to print the Important Printer Setup Instructions page that contains information about the Web Service. It may also include either the printer email address or the printer claim code.
- Make sure that you locate the printer’s email address on the information sheet.
Step 3: Printing with the ePrint application
- Note that the documents and photos can be sent securely to the printer via email by the HP e-Print Services.
- Ensure that you have an active Internet connection and an email account.
- Note that if there are additional recipients in the To: field, then the HP e-Print may possibly cancel the print job.
- Including the attachments, ensure that the total size of the email is 10 MB or less.
- Ensure that there is a horizontal and vertical resolution of 100 pixels or higher in the photos.
- Note that the app does not support digitally signed, encrypted and password protected documents.