123.HP.COM OJPRO8100 SPECIFICATION
HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer delivers up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers. With automatic two-sided printing, increase your productivity. The printer lets you create borderless, double-sided flyers and brochures.
- It supports borderless printing.
- The printer is compatible with ePrint and Air Print.
- It has connection options such as wireless, Ethernet and USB.
- The printer delivers high-quality output on the go.
- It has a 64 MB built-in RAM.
- Save energy with this ENERGY STAR certified printer.
- The print resolution for monochrome is 600 x 600 dpi.
- The print resolution for color is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- It has a monthly duty cycle up to 20000 pages.
- The paper capacity of both Tray 1 and Tray 2 is up to 250 sheets.
- It has an output tray with a capacity of 150 sheets.
- It has a 64 MB built-in RAM.
Driver and manual download
To perform any basic task of your printer, the drivers are equally important. For any printer issue, you can go through the manual that came with the printer. The prompts to download the driver for Windows and Mac are given below.
- If there are any obstructions or objects between the computer and printer, eradicate them to maintain a good network connection.
- It is advisable to first check if the printer is connected to a power supply and then turn it on.
- Once you select the Windows logo, go to Settings and then from the list that appears on the screen, choose the model of your printer.
- If you do not find the model of your printer, open Devices and Printers and then select the Add Printer option –> The printer I want isn’t listed.
- Prior to using the guided HP Download and Install Assistant by following the guidelines on the screen, select the Download option under the Driver-Product Installation Software.
- Once you remove the obstructions or objects between the computer and printer, place them within the range of the router.
- After establishing the power connection, switch on the printer and then choose your printer network connection.
- From the list that appears on the screen, select your printer model and then click Apple menu –> System Preferences –> HP Scan.
- In order to create a print queue, make sure that you select the Add Printer option.
- If you have any issues, do not hesitate to reach our technical support team on the Toll-free number.
How to refill the cartridges
When you notice an error message that the cartridge is empty or low on ink, i is advisable to replace the cartridge. However, the steps to refill the cartridge are provided below.
Step 1: Though it is not recommended to refill the ink cartridges, it is a cost-effective method.
Step 2: To commence the process, remove the cartridge from its slot and then place it on a white paper. Locate the refill holes on top of the cartridges with either a toothpick or a needle.
Step 3: Now, pierce the hole through the label. Due to the fact that the holes on the cartridge are big enough, you need not drill it again for the needle to bypass.
Step 4: Carefully pierce the needle into the hole to examine the color in it. Now, attach the needle to the syringe and then add the color into the syringe.
Step 5: Note that when you add ink into the syringe quickly, it may create air-gaps that may sometimes block the cartridge.
Step 6: Prior to adding ink through the hole, make sure that there are no air bubbles in the cartridge.
Step 7: Ensure that you do not overfill the regular cartridge. To a regular cartridge, it is advisable to add only 1.5 ml of color.
Step 8: On the other hand, for an XL cartridge, fill 2.5 ml of ink into the hole. Pierce the needle into the suitable refill hole that has a sponge in it. Wipe the excess ink with a clean and lint-free cloth.
There are numerous issues that may occur with your printer such as setup issue, cartridge issue, paper jams and more. Initially, to prevent the issues, it is better to use an upgraded driver, compatible ink cartridges and media type. Check out if these measures prevent the issues. The troubleshooting solutions for paper feed problems and printhead problem are given below.
Paper feed problems
When there are any torn pieces of paper in the tray or if you do not use an appropriate paper it may lead to paper jams. The solutions to resolve the paper feed problem are provided below.
- The foremost step is to try resetting the printer to solve the paper feed problems.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear side of the printer and from the wall socket.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect the power cable to the printer and to the wall socket.
- Power on the printer and then try to print a printer status report to check if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue persists, make sure that the printer supports the paper type. Go through the supported media types in the printer manual.
- Make the necessary changes in the paper settings and then proceed to the next step.
- Go to File->Print. In the Print window, make sure that you select Properties dialog box. Note that the menu option varies based on the application.
- After selecting the Paper/Quality tab, go to the Drop-down list and select Tray 2 as the Paper Source option.
- Once you make the necessary changes, click OK and then select the print option.
- Sometimes dust or debris may get accumulated in the paper feed rollers that may cause the paper feed issue to occur.
- Carefully wipe the rollers with a clean and damp cloth. Now, try to print a test page and if the issue persists, call our experts on the Toll-free number to fix the issue.
Do you know that the Printhead is essentially the heart of the entire printing system? Therefore, if there is an issue with the printhead resolve it immediately. Go through the prompts below to fix the issue.
- The foremost step is to uninstall, clean and then re-install the printhead. Now, power on the printer and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper with the ink opening pointing upwards.
- Carefully wipe the printhead areas around plastic ramps, the edge between the nozzles and then the electrical contacts. Use a clean and lint-free cloth.
- Now, wait until all the areas get dry before proceeding to the next step.
- It is advisable to check if the latch handle is upwards and then insert the printhead.
- Carefully pull the latch handle and then with the help of colored icons, insert the cartridge one by one.
- Now, check if the cartridge is properly inserted into its place and then close the cartridge access door.
- Reset the Officejet 8100 printer. With the printer on, disconnect the power cable from the printer’s rear end and from the wall socket.
- Make sure that you for at least one minute, then reconnect the power cable and then turn on the printer.
- If the issue still persists, replace it with a new one. But if the issue still continues, call our technical support team.