123.hp.com ojprox451dn PRINTER SETUP
Improve your workforce environment efficient using an Officejet Pro 451dn printer. The printer is an inkjet printer with the printing, scanning, copying and scanning functions. With the ultra high-print speed , it reduces the work-force. This makes you clear that it is mainly designed for large offices or enterprises.
- Use the Automatic Document Feeder to print multiple page documents at a single time.
- Make use of this printer on different platforms such as Windows and Mac Operating systems.
- Save the time and paper cost with the help of the Automatic Duplex printing option.
123.hp.com ojprox451dn Features
- Insert the USB drive into the USB slot on the printer. Print from the drivers without connecting to a system.
- Manage your printer and examine the status from any location with the help of HP Jet Admin.
- Connect the printer to a network using either Wired connection or mobile printing solutions.
Unbox HP Officejet Pro x451dn Setup
Unboxing setup is the process of setting up the printer for the first time after purchasing it. You can make the work easy with the help of the steps given below:
- Open the box. Take out all the materials in the box and keep them aside. Remove all packing materials from the interior and exterior of the printer./li>
- This packaging is done to avoid the damage to the printer. Take out the printer from the shipment box and place it on a flat surface.
- It is suggested to use a power cable in the box for the excellent printer performance. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer and the other end to the wall socket.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button. Insert plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Use the authentic and compatible ink cartridges for printing from the printer. Install them into their respective slots. Once installed, the printer starts printing an alignment page.
- After the configuration, the system urges to install the printer driver and software.
Wired network setup
- Wired network connection mainly uses an Ethernet cable to connect the printer and the system. Ensure that you do not use a standard telephone cable for the connection.
- Get the Ethernet cable in the printer’s shipment box . Turn on the printer, system and a router. Ensure that the ethernet cable is long enough to connect to the router.
- Do not connect using a standard telephone cable. You can distinguish the ethernet cable and telephone cable with a connector with eight wires.
- Plug in one end of the network cable into Ethernet port on the system and the other end of the cable is connected to the network port or switch.
- Once the cable is connected, the name of the printer should be displayed in the list of available devices. In case it is not enlisted, move to the next step.
- Download the printer driver and software by clicking the link. Based on the operating system, the extension of the setup file varies.
- For Windows, the setup file is in .exe format . For a Mac system, the setup file is in .dmg format. Double-lick on it to commence the installation.
- After the installation, you can see the printer’s name in the list of available devices.
Copying documents is the process of taking any number of copies of the original documents either in black or in colour based on the printer features.
Step 1: Gather the requisites
- Organize the printer for fax setup. Get the telephone cable in the printer’s shipment box for fax setup.
- In case the cable is missing, use a cable that contains a connector with two wire leads but not four.
- Ensure the printer and the system are in on state. Verify that the telephone cable is in proper working condition.
Step 1: Place the documents
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder tray based on the printer features.
- Based on the markings on the scanner glass, place the document on it. Press the Copy button to begin the copy job.
Step 2: Follow the copy procedure
- Make the necessary changes in the copy settings such as resolution, resize or number of copies to start the copy job.
- Press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color to begin the copy process. Once the copy button is clicked, copy process starts automatically.
Scan using HP scan and capture app
HP scan and Capture application is compatible with Windows 8 and 10. Try to scan the essential documents or photos from the Officejet x451DN printer. Follow the steps below to start the scanning process.
Go to the Microsoft Store to install the HP Scan and Capture app based on the on-screen prompts. Turn on the system, printer and the router.
Place the original document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder tray based on the on-screen prompts.
In Windows, search the HP Scan and Capture application. You can see the application on the list of available results. Select and double-click on it.
Select the printer’s name from the list and choose Document Scan options or Photo Scan options to make necessary changes and Press Scan to start the scan job.
Scan using HP Scan software
With the help of HP can Software, you can make the changes in the scan quality settings. You can store the scan as PDF file .
Keep the document on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer features.
It is suggested to not to use the Automatic Document Feeder for scanning photo as it damages the printer as well as the photo.
Select the name of the printer from the list of available devices. Open the application and press Scan a Document or photo.
Do the required scan settings changes and click Show scan preview to see the preview of to be scanned documents.
Click Scan to start scan job. Press Save to store the scanned documents in the destination folder.
Printing is the most important function of a printer. Do the necessary changes to the print settings depending on your requirements. To start the printing process, follow the steps below:
Insert plain paper into the input tray . Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper. Do not bend the edges of the paper.
Ensure that the paper is compatible with the printer model. Make the required changes in the Print Settings .
Select the Duplex Printing option to print on both sides of pages. Select the number of copies based on the user’s requirement.
You can also take the printouts in color or black. After making necessary changes such as paper type, paper size and resolutions.
Select the Print preview option to see the document to be printed. Press Print to start the printing process.
Faxing is one of the methods of sending or receiving documents via a landline connection. You can send or receive only a single fax at a time.
Step 2: Get the fax connection
- Plug in one end of the cable to the phone wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack on the rear of the printer.
- In case you have a telephone, plug in one end of the cable to the telephone and the other end to the 2-EXT jack on the printer’s rear.
Step 3: Set the basic fax settings
- From the control panel of the printer, choose the dial type as tone or pulse. Choose the rings to answer option based on the number of phone rings received.
- Set the fax volume level based on your requirement to hear sounds at the time of the fax call. Make sure that you do not configure it to off it means that faxing is silent.
Printer not found during the network setup
When you are unable to view the printer’s name after the driver installation, follow the solutions given below to avoid the printer issue.
Step 1: Restart the system, router and the printer
Unplug the power cable from the router. Switch off the printer. End all the programs running in the system’s background. Plug in the cable back to its position and then switch on the printer.
Step 2: Examine the network and printer status
Ensure that the printer is in proper working condition and it is in print ready state. For a wireless connection, check the wireless light remains stable. For a Wired connection, the green light should be steady.
Step 3: Connect the printer to the network manually
Make use of Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printer to the network or try using WI-FI Protected setup for the connection process. Try to type the credentials manually for the easy setup process.
Step 4: Run the HP Scan and Doctor tool
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to clear the network related issues automatically. This tool is mainly compatible with the Windows system. Launch it to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Disable the firewall software
Deactivate the firewall software for a while. In case the issue is with the software, make necessary changes in the network settings and then enable it again. If the issue is not with the software, enable it and call our customer support team to solve it.