123.HP.COM OJPX451DW PRINTER SETUP
If you want to get a high-speed efficient inkjet printer for your office, pan your eyes to the HP Officejet X451DW printer. One of the most efficient Officejet printer models.
This is a multi-functional printer. You can print, copy and scan documents and photos using this single device. This saves your time, money and increases the efficiency.
This printer uses the HP Pagewide printing technology, best suitable for office or business setup. The maximum monthly volume of this printer is 50000 impressions.
This is one of the fastest inkjet printers you can ever get. The speed of this printer parallels many laser printers. It can print up to 55 pages per minute for both mono and color documents.
The quality of the HP Officejet Pro X451DW is up to 1200 X 1200 DPI for black documents and 2400 X 1200 DPI for color documents.
This printer uses the ink technology. Using the black cartridge, yellow cartridge, cyan cartridge and magenta cartridge, this printer prints high-quality documents and photos.
This printer supports many media types such as glossy paper, plain paper, envelopes, photo paper, labels, etc. It is compatible with media sizes such as A4, A5, B5, Letter, etc.
HP Officejet Pro X451DW How To Install
STEP 1: If you wish to set up your HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer and connect it to a computer and access it, you need to unpack the printer box first. Tear off the tapes.
STEP 2: Open the printer box and carefully remove the contents of the printer box. The contents include ink cartridges, user manual, the printer, power cord, user manual, etc.
STEP 3: Place the printer and the other contents of the box on a flat surface. Be very cautious while handling the printer parts. Discard the printer box after removing all its contents.
STEP 4: Peel off all the packing materials and packing tapes on the printer. Check the sides and rear of the printer and remove the packing tapes if you find any.
STEP 5: Open the ink cartridge access door of the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer. Check for the packing materials and packing tapes. Remove the packing tapes from the printer’s interior.
STEP 6: Pull out the paper tray of the printer and remove all the packing materials and tapes on it. Extend the paper width guides and peel off the packing tapes.
STEP 7: Take the power cord of the printer. Connect one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end to the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer’s rear.
STEP 8: Press and hold the power button on the printer to switch it on. Wait for the printer to settle down and stay idle. Set the preferences such as the language, region, date, etc.
STEP 9: Pull out the paper tray and move the paper width guides. Load a stack of plain paper and close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
STEP 10: Take the new ink cartridge and remove all the packing materials. Open the access door and install the ink cartridges. Close the access door and the printer will align itself.
HP Officejet Pro X451DW Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Tap on the small ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel to reveal the estimated level of black and color inks in your HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer.
- You can also check the estimated level of ink in your printer from your Mac or Windows computer. If you have the HP Smart App, the ink level will display on the home screen.
- If the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer displays a low ink level message or if the error light blinks, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
- Ensure that you always use the genuine HP ink cartridge. If you use the non-HP ink cartridge, you will have print, print quality and in some cases hardware issues.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer’s rear and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to a power or electrical surge.
- Press the power button to switch on the printer. The printer will undergo a preparation process. Wait for the printer to complete it, settle down and stay silent.
- Hold the sides of the ink cartridge access door and open it. Slightly press the old ink cartridge to loosen it. Clasp the edges of the ink cartridge and pull it out.
- Take the new ink cartridge out from its package. Remove all the packing tapes and packing materials on the cartridge. Pull the orange tab to remove all the tapes.
- Make sure that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts on the ink cartridge. It will cause ink clogs.
- Before installing the ink cartridges into your HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer, make sure that you are using the genuine cartridge. Check if your printer is compatible with it.
- Hold the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle. Hold it in such a way that the nozzle of the ink cartridge is facing the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer’s cartridge slot.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the correct slot. The black ink cartridge goes into the slot on the right end and the color ink cartridges go into the respective slots on the left.
- Do not misplace the ink cartridges. If you misplace the ink cartridge, it will damage the printhead of the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer. Push until the cartridge fits.
- Close the access door of the printer. Repeat the steps to install more ink cartridges. The printer will align the ink cartridges and print the alignment page.
HP Officejet Pro X451DW Driver And Manual Download
- Installing the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer driver on your computer is the final step in setting up the printer. You cannot connect the printer to your computer without the driver.
- You can use the installer CD that you received along with the printer to install the printer driver. Insert the CD into the printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The only downside of using the installer CD to install the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer drivers and software is that this CD might not be compatible with your computer.
- You can download the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer driver from our website. Search for the Driver Download section on our website and enter the model number of your printer.
- On the succeeding screen, you will be prompted to select the OS version of your computer. Choose the correct version. If not, you will download the wrong driver.
- From the list of available printer drivers to download, select the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic Driver.
- Wait for the file to complete downloading. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it on your computer. Select the connection type when prompted.
HP Officejet Pro X451DW Wireless Printer Setup
- If you want to set up the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer wirelessly, you need to start off by collecting a few details such as the name and password of the network.
- Make sure that you have not connected your computer and printer using a USB cable or a LAN cable. If so, disconnect all the USB and LAN cables from the printer.
- Connect one end of the printer’s power cord to the printer and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Do not connect it to an electrical surge or a power surge.
- Press and hold the power button on the printer for a while to switch on the printer. The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for the printer to settle down.
- Connect the power cord of the router to the electrical outlet and switch it on. Make sure that the network connection is secure and stable.
- Switch on your computer. You need to connect your computer to the same wireless network to which you will connect your HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer.
- You will find a small wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Tap on it. The Wireless Setup menu will open. Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Select the wireless setup wizard option and follow the prompted on-screen instructions to set it up. Select your wireless network from the list of available networks.
- If you don’t find your network, tap on the Enter New Network Name option. Key in the details about your wireless network. Tap on the Ok button to establish the connection.
- Make sure that you do not connect your HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer or computer to a guest network such as a school’s network.
- Download the latest printer and follow the prompted instructions to install it. Select wireless as the connection type and connect your printer to your computer.
HP Officejet Pro X451DW Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer is bound to deteriorate after constant usage. Even if you do not handle the printer cautiously, you will have print and print quality issues. Fixing the printer issues can be costly at times. You don’t have to worry about that anymore.
Follow the simple steps given below to fix the printer issues :
- If you have any issues with the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer, reset the printer by plugging out the power cord from the printer while the printer is running.
- Clean the printer and the printer parts on a regular basis. Clean the interior of the printer using a dry lint-free cloth. Formation of dust will lead to print and other issues.
- Ensure that you always use the genuine or authentic HP ink cartridges that are compatible with the HP Officejet Pro X451DW printer. If not, you will have hardware issues.
- Regularly updated the printer firmware and printer driver. It will fix most of the bugs and printer malfunctions. Also, it will enable new printer features.
- Check if the connections are secure. If none of the above works, you can service your printer. For further assistance, call the toll-free number.