123.hp.com ojprox576dw PRINTER SETUP
- The HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw MFP delivers high-quality prints.
- It has a print speed up to 42 ppm.
- The printer includes features such as built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n, easy smartphone and tablet printing.
- The printer supports automatic 2-sided printing and it has a 550-sheet paper capacity.
- This printer uses up to 50% less energy than lasers.
- It is a good option when compared to the expensive lasers on nearly every key aspect, from speed to MFP features to running cost.
- The printer has a 500 sheet input tray and a 300 sheet output tray.
- This professional-quality, an AIO wireless printer can handle anything you send its way, from simple black-and-white documents to two-sided duplex printing.
- With your iPad or iPhone, use the AirPrint application in this HP Officejet Pro X576dw to print items.
- You can upload documents via a USB strip, scan them or hit the copy button on this printer to get things started.
- With a maximum resolution of 2,400 X 1,200 dpi, the ink cartridges in these inkjet printers deliver sleek, full-colored, smooth print results.
- This ENERGY STAR certified printer allows you send and receive faxes, with a maximum resolution of 300 X 300 dpi.
HP Officejet Pro x576dw Wireless Setup
- On the home screen of your printer, tap the wireless button and then select the “Settings” button on the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Now, choose the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option. If you are setting up for the first time, you may not see the second screen.
- On the other hand, if you are having connection issues and are trying to reset the connection, you may see the second screen. Tap Yes to start the setup.
- From the next screen, tap continue to enable the printer check for wireless routers. If any routers are detected, you may be asked to select one from the list.
- After selecting your router from the list, you may be prompted to enter the password.
- You can use this password to connect the computer and/or any wireless devices such as phones and iPads to the network.
- In case you do not know the password, contact your ISP. Now, you may be prompted to confirm the setup and check the spelling of the password and the name of the router you are connecting to.
- Power on your Wireless printer. Now, on the touchscreen, ensure that you press the right arrow key and press setup. Tap Network, then select Wireless Setup Wizard and then select your Network (SSID) from the list.
- Now, type the WEP/WPA Passphrase for the network, then click Done and then select OK to confirm the settings. Now, tap OK to print the wireless report or select Skip.
Driver and manual download
- Download the latest version of the driver for your HP Officejet Pro x576dwprinter to let you do any printer task with great ease.
- After analyzing the edition and version of the Windows or Mac on your computer, check if there are any obstructions between the PC and printer.
- Make sure that you eliminate if any and then place them close together. Now, check if your printer is linked to a power source and then turn it on.
- If you have a Windows system, tap start, then click Settings and then select the printer model from the list that appears.
- If the printer was not listed, go to Devices and Printers, then tap Add Printer and then select The printer I want isn’t listed option.
- Now, select My printer is a little older. Help me find it option and then to complete the installation, follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
- For a Mac PC, select the model of your printer, then go to the Apple menu and then click on System Preferences.
- Now, select the devices option and then tap Printers & scanners. Choose the Add a printer or scanner option.
- Go through the manual that came with your printer. It may allow you to complete any printer tasks with great ease.
- After downloading the manual, look for the topic or task that is to be accomplished.
- Make a note that you can get the required information about any feature of your printer with the user manual.
- You may find the instructions on our website user-friendly. Go through the manual and prompts to avoid the need for any technician to come and handle the issues unless necessary.
For any further clarification or support, contact our veterans to help you resolve the issues instantly on a Toll-free number.
Refill ink cartridges
STEP 1: It is not recommended to refill the cartridges as it may affect the print quality of your document.
STEP 2: However, the process for refilling HP ink cartridges is relatively straightforward.
STEP 3: Make sure that you carefully inject the ink into the cartridge and clean off excess ink thoroughly. If you are unable to do this properly, it may affect the ink cartridge’s performance.
STEP 4: Sometimes it may even lead to imperfections like blurred text, blank spots and ink smears.
STEP 5: Make sure that you obtain a compatible ink from a reputable ink manufacturer.
STEP 6: Get other necessary supplies such as paper towels, clear tape, plastic gloves and a 30c syringe that may sometimes come with the ink refill kit.
STEP 7: Ensure that you have an old newspaper to catch any spills. Now, wear plastic gloves and draw ink into the syringe from the ink bottle.
STEP 8: Note that the amount may vary for the black (3.5 milliliters) and tri-color ink cartridges (4 milliliters).
STEP 9: Now, take out the old ink cartridge from the printer and then peel off the label on top. Carefully wipe any dried ink with water and paper towels.
STEP 10: To inject ink into the cartridge, locate the refill hole. For example, in an HP 61 black cartridge, the hole may be in the middle.
STEP 11: For example, in an HP 61 tri-color cartridge, the hole for yellow is in the top middle, magenta is in the middle left and cyan is in the middle right.
STEP 12: Carefully stick the needle down until it pierces through the sponge and then start injecting the ink into it.
STEP 13: Make sure that you do not do it too fast as it can create air bubbles that may block ink from flowing properly to the print head once reinstalled.
STEP 14: Once the ink is gone from the syringe or the cartridge begins to overflow, carefully pull out the syringe.
STEP 15: Now, cover the refill hole with clear tape and then poke a small vent hole in the tape using the syringe’s needle.
STEP 16: If required, use paper towels and a little water to clean any spilled ink. Now, carefully reinstall the ink cartridge and then run a cleaning cycle to remove old, dried ink off the print head.
STEP 17: Ensure that you run a test print. If the print looks fine, let the ink saturate and then start using the printer, as usual, a few hours later.
Printing Common Problems
- Generally, printers may worn out if they are put to use for a prolonged period.
- In spite of their annoying issues, we still need them to do our basic tasks.
- You can use the same printer again if you fix the printer issue and thereby commence printing.
- Ascertain that the printer is on if the printer does not have power indicator.
- It is advisable to check if it has some light or LED indicating it’s receiving power.
- Now, check the data and power cable connections.
- If the printer does not display a power status indicator light, it may indicate that you have a printer issue that requires repair or replacement.
- If the printer goes offline unexpectedly, it is a good option to try resetting the printer and then check the connection status.
- Note that if there are no papers in your printer, it may not print.
- Make sure that you check if there is paper loaded into the tray.
- If you have a problem with the printhead, it is better to initially try cleaning it.
- It is advisable to check if there is a jammed or partially fed paper in the paper tray to avoid it.
- Print a test page to check if the printer is working.
- The troubleshooting solutions for printhead error is given below.
- Sometimes when the printhead is unlatched or improperly seated, it may display an error message.
- It is always a good option to use genuine HP cartridges to avoid an error message when using a cartridge that is not compatible with your printer.
- Try to reset your Officejet Pro x576dw printer. If the error continues, re-seat the printhead. Open the cartridge access door, then unplug the power cable from the rear end of the printer.
- Now, lift the carriage latch and then carefully lift the printhead. Place the printhead back to the carriage and check if it seats properly.
- Make sure that you reseat the printhead up to three times to clear any error messages that may appear.
- Carefully take out the ink cartridge and then check for an error message to diagnose the printer issue.
- Now, clean the ink cartridge contacts and then replace them one at a time to determine if a specific ink cartridge is causing the error message.
- Reinsert one of the ink cartridges into its slot and then carefully push the ink cartridge forward until it clicks into place.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door and then check the control panel to see if the error message persists.
- If the error persists, update the printer firmware and if it still continues, replace the printhead.