123.HP.COM DJ2520 PRINTER SETUP
Enjoy diverse functionalities with this easy to use 123.HP.Com dj2520 printer. With an inbuilt copier and scanner, this model is more than just a printer. Save on paper and do your bit for the environment with the duplex printing feature of this printer. With an LED control panel and an Energy Star certificate, this printer is as good as printing gets.
- This 123.HP.Com dj2520 printer works on ColorLok technology with 241.3 x 424 x 309 mm or 9.5 x 16.69 x 11.9 in (H x W x D), weighs about 3.52 kg.
- Recommended monthly volume is estimated at 50- 200 pages with duty cycle of 1000 pages. Get print outputs for B/ W in 15 seconds.
- The ink cartridge is configured with 1 pigment black cartridge, 1 color cartridge (cyan, magenta, yellow). It comes under white color category.
- It is compatible with Windows XP SP3, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X10.8, 10.9. Envelopes, photo paper, plain paper are the supported Media types. Optical resolution for scanning is 1200 x 1200 dpi. Maximum speed is about 16ppm, 7.5 ppm, 20 ppm, 3 ppm, 5 ppm, 5.5 ppm.
HP Print Deskjet 2520
To print is to take a hard copy of the file which is stored on your computer. Duplex printing can be enabled to lessen the usage of paper. This also makes you have the print in an easily readable format. Printing documents or photos are made uncomplicated by our professionals for you.
Scan HP Deskjet 2520 Setup
Scan provides you a soft copy of a documents or photos. In other words, it is a digital copy which can be saved on your computer in the target folder and can be referred for later purpose. The appropriate app is essential to scan a document. The instruction directs you to scan your essential documents or photos.
Look at the instructions to scan the required documents or photos from your 123.hp.com dj2520 printer to the computer runs with Windows and Mac operating system.
This document gives detailed instructions on how to scan using the steps mentioned below.
- Scan with HP Scan software
- Scan with HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and10)
- Scan with Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
Method1: Scanning with the HP Software – HP Scan in printers released in 2015 and later
HP Scan software comes as an inbuilt feature with the printers which came into the market in 2011 or later. You can begin the scan jobs from the computer, alter the scan quality configuration, and store the scans to any required format and more. Stick on to the instructions to scan the documents.
- Pack the items whose scan is going to be taken either in the document feeder slot or in the ADF based on the printer type and the feature.
- Discover the printer model from the search list.
- If your 123.hp.com dj2520 printer name is discovered, tap it from the search results.
- If your printer name is not discovered, confirm that your computer is installed with the latest driver.
- Tap Scan a Photo or Document.
- Choose any one of the shortcuts that suit the file type and resulting action you require.
- Choose one among the available default settings on the right side of the window, if needed.
- The scans can be previewed and additional settings can be done using Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan option.
- Additional settings like quality, color, and default scan destination folder can be chosen by tapping Advanced Settings or More option.
- Tap Scan option.
- While doing so, the items get scanned and can be previewed.
- Change any required settings if required by tapping the thumbnail image of the scanned materials.
- Tap Save, and you can see the Save as windows.
- Before saving the document, confirm the file type and click Save.
- To view the scans, access the folder where you have saved it.
- Save your scan in the required file format
Method2: Scanning with the HP Scan and Capture (Windows 8 and10)
Try to scan the documents or photos captured with the help of 123.HP.Com dj2520 Scan and Capture application. Confirm that your computer running with Windows 8 or 10 operating system is installed with full featured driver.
Method3: Scanning with Windows Scan (Windows 8 and 10)
Windows scan application enables you to scan the required documents or photos. Ensure that you have installed either the basic or full featured driver on the computer running on Windows 8 or 10 to use this app.
- Your scanner glass or ADF should be loaded with the essential documents whose scan is to be done.
- Open Windows, look for Scan, and tap the Scan app from the filtered results.
You are instructed to install Windows Scan from the Windows Store, if the Scan app is not discovered in the search results.
- If you have Source in existing option, choose you loaded your document or photo.
- You can change the Color mode, Resolution and the location of saving the documents by choosing Show more option.
- Tap Scan.
Your Mac should be installed with the required app to scan the documents and photos. Some printers are capable of scanning multiple documents based on the printer model and the operating system version on the Mac computer.
Method1: HP Easy Scan app (MacOS and OS X 10.9 and later)
This app enables you to scan and edit documents. HP Easy Scan is a free scanning application for Mac users which is available in App Store. Download and install it using the instructions in our manual.
Scanning and editing the documents are made easier using this app. HP Easy Scan, a free scanning app is meant for Mac users. This app is available in App Store. Go ahead with the instructions provided to scan the document successfully.
HP Easy Scan app
- Open the App Store, click Download and run the downloaded file to install it on your Mac computers
- If you are unable to access the app on its own, access the Mac for Scan and go with the 123.hp.com dj2520 Easy Scan from the sorted results.
- The scanner glass should be loaded with the documents or photos to be scanned with the printed side facing down. Lock the scanner lid once the document is placed.
- Open HP Easy Scan and search the printer’s name from the Scanner drop-down list.
- You are supposed to choose the scan type from the Presents menu.
- Tap Edit Settings if you want to change any basic settings to the preset which is selected.
- Press Scan and then Scan Next Item to include many extra pages or click Done.
- You can view the thumbnail version of the scanned items in the left panel and the items can be viewed in the right panel.
- Go with Edit options in order to change the colors, crop or resize the image.
- Press Send which is displayed at your window’s bottom and click the Folder to store the scans to the folder on the Mac computer.
- The folder can be searched by choosing Where option and then tap Save.
- To view the scanned document, open the folder where the file is saved to and then double- tap on the file.
- Multiple documents can be saved into a single PDF file. You are allowed to change the color, size, quality and the orientations of scans.
Method2: HP Scan software (OS X 10.11 or earlier)
Check the printer control panel to know the features that your 123.hp.com/setup 2520 printer has. Make sure that your Mac computer is installed with HP Scan software.
Step1: Make sure that your Mac is installed with the HP Scan Software
- Access the Finder and tap Go to select the Applications.
- Double- tap the HP folder, look for HP Scan from the search list and then follow the prompted instructions.
Step 2: Take a scan of the required documents or photos
Go with the directions given below to take a scan of required documents or photos.
- Keep the documents or photos whose scan is to be done on the scanner glass with the printed side laid down.
- Tap Scan option by accessing the HP Scan window.
- Pick out the 123.hp.com dj2520 printer name from the Scanner menu, choose the desired scan job type from the Presets menu.
- Press the down arrow in the upper-right corner of the pane to check or alter the color, quality settings, orientation of scans.
- To view the Scan items, you should press Continue.
- Go with Scan Next Item or Add to involve more items or click Done options.
- Click the thumbnail version to take a look at the scanned documents.
- The setting can be changed as desired by clicking the Edit option.
- The desired location can be chosen by using Where option. Once you found the desired location to save your files, tap Save.
- The scans can be viewed by clicking the folder where your scans have been saved.
Method3: Scan documents and photos by Use Apple Image Capture.
Apple Image Capture application is usually compatible with Mac OS and OS X. It is a simple method to scan documents or photos.
- The photos or documents to be scanned should be placed on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down, and then lock the scanner lid.
- You can even place the original documents on the automatic document feeder if your 123.hp.com dj2520 printer has that provision. But you are not recommended to place the documents in ADF as it leads to the damage to the photos or to the printer.
- Open Finder-> Go option present in the top menu bar-> Applications-> double- tap the Image capture.
- Search and select your printer name in the Devices or Shared list.
- The preview can be done by choosing Show details option.
- Set the Scan mode as Scanning bed or automatic document feeder depends on the place where your original documents are placed.
- Kind of scan can either be black and white or color or optimized for text only as per your requirement.
- A better quality image is generally resulted with higher resolution. But it increases the file size. The best-detailed scans can be achieved using a higher resolution. But the higher resolutions is not mandatory for black and white text.
- Use Customize Size or standard paper size option to set the size.
- It is your choice to decide where to save the scans.
- Set the format as you want.
- The brightness and saturation of scans can be changed by clicking Manual to display option.
- Press Scan and save them by choosing Scan to the folder.
- View the scanned items by double- tapping the file where the scan is saved.