123.hp.com setup 4632 Printer
The OfficeJet 4632 is an inkjet color printer. It has a maximum monthly duty cycle of up to 1000 pages. It has a recommended monthly volume of 150-600 pages. It uses HP Thermal Inkjet technology.
HP Officejet 4632 offers Scan to email, HP ePrint, HP Auto Wireless Connect, automatic paper sensor, AirPrint, and mobile printing. It is mopria certified.
- The HP OfficeJet 4632 supports an input tray with a capacity of 100 sheets and an output tray capacity of 30 sheets. It offers an ADF of 35 sheets.
- It offers print speeds up to 21 ppm and 17 ppm for black and color print outs in draft mode.
- It delivers print speeds upto 8.8 ppm and 5.2 ppm for black and color print outs by ISO standards.
List of printing issues
- ‘Cartridge Missing’ Error
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
- Printer is Offline
- Slow Printing
- Paper Mismatch Error
- ‘Alignment Unsusccesful’ message.
- ‘Ink Alert’ or ‘Low on Ink’ message.
- An ‘Out of Paper’ message displays on the control panel and the Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper.
First Time Printer Setup
Setting up the OfficeJet 4632 involves, unboxing the printer, connecting to a power source, loading paper, installing and aligning the ink cartridges, and installing the full feature printer driver and software.
- Take the printer from the box. Remove all shipping restraints from the inside and the outside of the printer. Make sure to remove all tapes and cardboard boxes.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the back of the printer and the other end to the wall outlet. Switch on the printer and set your preferred language and region.
- Place the paper into the input tray door. Hold the handles on either sides, and then lift the ink cartridge access door until it locks into position. Once the carriage is idle and quiet install the ink cartridges.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door. Follow the instruction on the control panel to begin the ink cartridge alignment. The OfficeJet 4632 will align the ink cartridges and print an alignment page
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software for your OfficeJet 4632. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
Getting the Printer Claim Code
Confirm that your printer supports web-connected printing services. Ensure that your printer is connected to your local network. Verify that the your country/region is supported. And then follow the instructions below to get the printer claim code.
- Switch on the printer, place plain paper in the main paper tray, and ensure that the ink cartridges are installed.
- From the printer, tap or push the ePrint icon or button. If you are required to enable Web Services or set up ePrint.
- If Web Services is already enabled, tap Print or Print info to print the information sheet that possesses the printer claim code.
- If the information sheet is not printed or the claim code is not mentioned, the characters that precede the @ in your HP ePrint email address is your claim code.
Setting up a new fax
The following instructions are for serial type phone systems which use a separate fax line which does not receive calls.
- Utilize the phone cord delivered in the box with the printer, connect one end to your telephone wall jack, then connect the other end to the port named 1_line on the back of the OfficeJet 4632.
- In case you do not utilize the cord delivered with your printer to connect from the telephone wall jack to the OfficeJet 4632, you might not be able to fax successfully. This special phone cord is different from the phone cords you may already possess in your home or office.
- Switch on the Auto Answer Settings and modify the change the Rings to Answer setting to the lowest settings (two rings) and run a fax test.
- When the phone rings, the printer answers by itself after the number of rings you set in the Rings to Answer settings. The printer beings sounding fax reception tones to the sending fax machine and receives the fax.
Cannot Connect to Web Services
- The printer does not connect to Web Services, and your printer or computer shows the following error messages:
- Server Connection Error: There was a issue connecting to the server. Press Retry OK to exit.
- Server Connection Error: Unable to connect Web Service. Confirm Internet access and attempt again.
- Web Services Problem: Problem connecting to Web Services server.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot Web Services Connection issues.
- Ensure that your printer supports Web Services by looking for an HP ePrint logo, button, or icon on the printer control panel.
- Ensure that the printer is not connected via a USB cable. Ensure that your router meets the following requirements:
- Check if the router operates in a bandwidth that HP printer supports.
- Make sure that you use routers that support Bonjour, Apple’s network discovery software.
- Ensure that your printer is not connected to a guest or host network, such as those networks that allow guest logins.
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the network.
- On your computer, select the network icon in the menu bar to view the network, make sure you are connected to your network and the signal is strong.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services. If the issue is still unresolved, restart the computer, printer and router.
- Switch off the router by pushing the power button or detaching the power cord. Switch off the printer.
- Exit all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Switch on the printer, and wait for the internet activity light to indicate a normal connected status.
- Switch on the printer. Switch on the computer. Attempt to switch on Web Services.
Mobile Printer setup fails
Use the following instructions to troubleshoot issues that can cause wireless printer set up to fail.
- It might take few minutes for the HP Smart app to detect the printer on the network.
- If your printer is not listed, switch off your printer. After one minute, switch on your printer. Once your printer is inactive and quiet, open the HP Smart app on your Android device and then examine the printer list once again.
- Make sure the mobile device is connected to the network. For wireless connection, make sure the wireless icon is either on and steady, or blinking.
- For wired network connection, examine that the cable is fixed to the OfficeJet 4632 Ethernet port and to an available port on the router.
- Examine the router’s band is supported by the printer. Switch off Smart Network switch on Samsung devices.
- Set up your OfficeJet 4632 with the HP Smart app once again to resolve the issue. In case your OfficeJet 4632 is listed with HP-Setup>[your printer model series] under the printer listed, tap your printer, and then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your OfficeJet 4632.
- If your printer is not listed, touch My printer is not listed, touch Help Set up a new printer, and then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your OfficeJet 4632.
Google Cloud Print
Prior to printing through the Google Cloud Print service, you will have to set up your OfficeJet 4632 from a computer or mobile device. You can print from an Apple iOS device, but first Google Cloud Print must be set up from a Chromebook or computer.
Connect your printer to Google Cloud Print from computer
- Switch on the printer, place plain paper in the input tray, and make sure ink or toner cartridges are installed.
- Ensure that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- On your computer or Chromebook, open the Chrome browser, and then sign in to your Google account, if required.
- In the address bar, enter chrome://devices, and then press the Enter key.
- In case your printer is mentioned under New Devices, choose Register, and then Choose Register again to approve and print a confirmation sheet.
- In case OfficeJet 4632 is mentioned under My devices, your OfficeJet 4632 is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Choose Manage to see your
registered Google Cloud Print.
- In case your OfficeJet 4632 is not listed, ensure that it is connected to the network or attempt connecting with your printer’s email address.
- Confirm the registration on the OfficeJet 4632’s control panel appear, or follow the instructions give in the information page that prints out.
- Once your confirm the registration, a confirmation page prints. Your printer is now set to print with Google Cloud Print.
Print document or photo stored on your computer
- To print documents or photos stored on your computer or chromebook, open the chrome browser on your computer or chromebook.
- Navigate to Cloud Print, and then Print Jobs
- Choose Print, choose Upload file to print, and then choose a file from my computer.
- Choose the file your want to print, and then choose Open.
- From the Google Cloud Print window, choose your printer, modify any print settings if required, and then choose Print.
Print a document or photo saved on your Android device
- Open a stored document or image, and then touch the menu icon. Tap Print.
- Choose OfficeJet 4632, modify any print settings if required, and then choose Print.