OFFICEJET 4655 PRINTER AND FEATURES
The HP Officejet 4655 printer is a multifunctional printer that has the capability to Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax. It is a home office based printer that includes Fax and Automatic Document Feeder. The printer offers 100 sheets paper capacity and two-sided printing feature. With the Wireless network connection, print your document on the go.
- The printer works with Windows and Mac operating system.
- Use the mobile printing feature to print a document from anywhere, at any time.
- The printer’s maximum printing speed is up to 9.5ppm for black and for color is 6.8ppm.
- You can connect the HP Officejet 4655 printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network connection.
Primary 123.hp.com setup 4655 Printer Setup
Setting up the printer is the most important process. Make your printer ready to print the desired document or photo by following the steps that are given below.
Step 1 : Unpack the printer from the shipment box
- Take off the printer and its components from the shipment box. Peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Pull out the input tray door, and then remove the packing tape from it.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and then peel off all tape and packing material from the printer and then lock the cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Link the power cord and configure the preferences
- Plug-in the power cord to the rear of the printer and then link the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Switch on the HP Officejet 4655 printer. To configure the preferences on the control panel of the printer, choose the preferred language and then select Yes.
Step 3 :Place paper into the input tray
- Pull out the input tray door and then place sufficient papers inside the printer’s input tray.
- Ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer. Do not overfill the papers inside the input tray.
- After loading the paper, based on the paper size, adjust the paper width guides.
Step 4 : Insert the ink cartridges
- Take off a new ink cartridge from its packing material. Unwrap all the stickers from it.
- It is advisable not to touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge. By touching this might lead to the ink failure, clogging and bad electrical connections.
- Prior to placing the cartridges into the slot, check whether that the cartridges are clean.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Verify that the cartridges are placed properly and then lock the cartridge access door.
- If the printer prints an alignment page, move to the next step.
Step 5 : The ink cartridge alignment
- To attain best print quality, aligning the ink cartridge is required.
- Open the scanner lid. Load the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Lock the scanner lid and then select Ok on the control panel of the printer.
Step 6 : Printer driver and software installation
- Download and install the full feature driver and software for the printer.
- Install the software on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
In the busy world, no one has the time to go to the nearest printing shop to print a document or photo. With the Wireless printing feature, you can print your document or photo on the go.
Wireless printer Setup- Windows
Step 1 : Prep for the installation process
- Gather the required network credentials to connect the HP Officejet 4655 printer and computer wirelessly.
- The network name is the Service Set Identifier and the password might be known as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Check if the printer, computer, and the wireless router are powered on.
- Make use of the same wireless network to connect the printer and computer.
- Place the printer and computer closer and within the range of the router during the setup process.
Step 2 : Link the Printer to the Wireless Network
- Switch on the printer. From the control panel of the printer, click on the Wireless icon.
- The Wireless screen gets displayed. Choose the Settings icon. Click Wireless Setup Wizard and then use the guides on the control panel to link the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3 : Download and Install the Desired Printer Software
- Download and install the printer driver and software on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
- It is suggested to download the full feature printer driver and software.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
- Gather the wireless network name (Service Set Identifier) and the password (WEP key or WPA security passphrase) to connect the printer and computer wirelessly.
- Switch on the computer, wireless router and the HP Officejet 4655 printer.
- Make sure that you use the same wireless network connection to connect the printer and computer.
- During the setup process, position the printer and computer at a minimum distance.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, choose the Wireless icon. Now, the Wireless screen gets displayed.
- Select the Settings icon. Click on the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then use the guides that are displayed on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- It’s time to download and install the suitable driver and software for the printer.
- For more information, feel free to contact us at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website.
Make use of the instructions that are given below to set up the HP Officejet 4655 printer via a USB connection for computer which operates in both Windows and Mac OS.
USB printer Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Prep for the printer setup
- Make sure that the HP Officejet 4655 printer is powered on. Get a USB cable that is less than 3m in length.
- In case you link through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive sufficient power to operate well.
- Prior to installing the driver, if you have connected the USB cable to the computer, you can use these steps to exclude the printer from the installed devices.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-link the cable until instructed during the driver installation process.
- Find devices from Windows and then select Devices and Printers control panel setting from the results.
- Right-click the printer icon, and then choose Remove Device. In case multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.
Step 2 : Configure the driver and set up the connection
- Download the latest driver and software for the printer. Windows users have to download the .exe file type.
- After downloading the driver, install it on your computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
USB printer Setup for Mac
- Ensure that the printer is powered on. Get a USB cable that is less than 3m in length.
- In case you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get sufficient power to operate.
- Unplug the printer’s USB cable from the computer. Do not re-link the cable until it is instructed during the driver installation process.
- Download and install the latest driver and software to get a printer with full functionality.
- After completing the installation process, try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
Once you buy a new printer, you have to set it up. Without setting up the printer, you cannot use it to print. The setup includes both hardware and software. Install the updated driver and software for the printer to get a printer with full functionality. Make use of the tips that are given below to install the driver on your Windows and Mac computer.
Driver installation for Windows
Step 1 :Set Windows update to download driver software automatically
- Find Change device installation from Windows and then select Change device installation settings control panel setting from the list of results.
- Now, the Device installation Settings Window gets displayed. Choose the Yes option and then select Save Changes.
Step 2 : Link your printer to the Computer
- Connect your printer and the computer via a USB cable or over a Wireless network connection.
- For a USB connection: Use the USB cable to connect the printer and computer. Ensure that the cables are plugged properly.
- For a Wireless connection: Use the wireless network name and password to connect the printer and computer wirelessly.
- You can connect the printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard or with the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Choose your printer connection type and use the Windows Add a Printer wizard to install the built-in printer driver.
- Use your printer to print a sample document or photo. If the printer prints the document, you’re done.
- If you find any issue, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Driver installation for Mac
Step 1 : Installing the printer driver
- To install the driver via Apple Software update, you have to create a new print queue on the Mac device.
- Select the Apple menu and then click on the System Preferences option.
- Based on your OS, select Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Verify if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. If you find your printer in the list, remove and add the printer again to check the communication.
- Choose the printer’s name and then tap on the minus sign to remove the printer. After removing the printer, tap on the plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose your printer name and move to the next step.
- In case you couldn’t find your printer, tap on the plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose your printer name.
- Click on the Use or Print Using menu and then choose the name of the printer. Tap Add to add the printer to the list.
Step 2 : Download and install the software
- Download and install the updated driver and software for the printer.
- Install it on your computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
- Once you’re done, try to print a sample document using the printer.
- To avail more information, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Once you find that the printer doesn’t print your document well, you have to fix and resolve the issue. You can easily identify and rectify the printer issue by following the guides that are displayed on this website. Get your printer ready to print the document or photo.
Step 1: Reboot the printer
- Rebooting the printer might help you resolve some types of slow printing issues.
- Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance. If you still find an issue, move to the next step.
Step 2: Verify the printer driver settings
- Find printers from Windows, select Devices and Printers from the list of results.
- Double-click your printer icon and the Set Preferences option. From the Paper type area, ensure Plain Paper is chosen.
- From the Quality Settings area, ensure Draft or Normal are chosen.
- Select Ok or Apply to confirm the changes. Try printing a document. If the error persists, move to the next step.
Step 3: Uninstalling the Printer Driver
- Find programs and features from Windows, select Programs and Features from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name and select Uninstall or Yes.
- Use the on-screen guides to complete the software removal. Reboot the computer.
Step 4: Reinstall the Driver
- After uninstalling the printer driver, download and install the latest driver and software for the printer.
Step 5: Updating the printer firmware
- If you find any printer firmware updates, download available firmware updates and install it.
Step 6: Verify the network connection status
- Without connecting the printer and computer, you cannot use it to print a document.
- Prior to starting the process, check the network connection status.