HP OFFICEJET 6812 PRINTER
HP Officejet 6812, an e-All-in-One Printer is a standout color for business – for less cost per page than lasers. It includes features such as print, copy, scan and fax. The printer is designed for productivity with smart features and mobile printing to keep business moving at work, home or on-the-go. It has a print speed up to 14 ppm for black and white and up to 8 ppm for color.
Printer Specs and features
- The printer has a built-in wireless feature.
- It includes a 35-sheet Automatic Document Feeder.
- The printer is compatible with mobile printing solutions such as ePrint and Air Print.
- The copy speed of the printer is up to 28 cpm for monochrome and up to 24 cpm for color.
- The printer includes a 225-sheet input tray and a 60-sheet output tray.
- The compatible operating systems are Windows and Mac.
- It has a monthly duty cycle up to 15,000 pages.
- Save resources with this ENERGY STAR certified printer.
Prime Setup- 123.hp.com setup 6812 Printer
Are you looking for the steps to setup your Officejet printer? Go through the steps given below to set up the printer hardware. Once you setup your printer, install the printer software on your computer.
Step 1 : Unboxing the printer
- Take out the printer from the box.
- Discard all tape and unwanted packing materials from the outside of the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and then discard all tape and packing materials from inside the printer, including from the carriage, paper tray and scanner bed.
- Now, shut the cartridge access door, then discard or recycle the packing materials and then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Checking the components of the box
- Ensure that you take out all hardware and materials from the box.
- Due to the fact that the contents vary by country/region, it is advisable to see the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step 3: Loading paper into the paper tray
- Raise the output tray. Carefully grasp the handle on the input tray and then pull out the tray.
- Load plain white paper in the paper tray.
- Ensure that you do not fill the paper higher than the yellow, dotted lines on the sides of the paper tray.
- Carefully slide in the paper width guides and then push the tray into the printer until it locks in place.
- Now, lower the output tray, then pull out the tray extender and then carefully lift the paper catch.
Step 4: Forming connection and customizing preferences
- Connect the printer to a power source, then power on the printer and then customize your preferences.
- To the rear end of the printer, plug in one end of the power cord and then connect the other end of the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Power on the printer, then select your preferred language and then click Continue to confirm your choice.
- Choose your specific country/region and then click Continue Setup.
- Now, set the month, day, and year. Also, set the time and then click Continue. If necessary, select a 24-hour format and then click Continue.
Step 5: Inserting the cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage may move to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage halts.
- Take out a cartridge from its package and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Prior to removing the orange cap, ensure that you remove the orange pull-tab and plastic wrap completely.
- Note that on removing the plastic wrap, the paper label on the top of the cartridge may tear slightly. Thus, it is advisable to properly vent the cartridge.
- Carefully hold the cartridge by its sides and then twist the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to remove it from the cartridge.
- Turn the cartridge in such a way that the cartridge contacts face downward. Now, match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Carefully slide the cartridge into its slot and then press the cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Close the cartridge access door and then wait for the printer to align the cartridges.
Downloading a compatible driver for your HP Officejet 6812 printer may let you accomplish any printer task with great ease. Analyze the edition and version of the Operating System on your computer and then follow the steps below to download the driver.
Step 1 : Downloading the Printer Driver
- If there are obstructions between the computer and printer, eradicate them and then place them close together.
- Now, check if your Officejet printer is connected to a power supply and then power it on.
- Select the Windows logo, then go to Settings and then select your printer model from the list that appears.
- If the printer was not listed, it is advisable to open Devices and Printers and then click the Add Printer option. Select The printer I want isn’t listed option.
Step 2 : Installing the Driver
- Click Download under the Driver-Product Installation Software and then go through the instructions on the screen to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant.
- To save and run the driver file from your system, make sure that you select the Download only option and then click on Learn more.
- Now, based on your task, choose the option to print, scan or copy.
Step 1: Downloading the driver for your printer
- Eradicate the obstructions between the computer and printer and then place them within the range of the router.
- Make sure that your Officejet printer is connected to a power supply and then turn it on.
- Select your network connection and then choose the model of your printer from the list that appears on the screen.
Step 2: Installing the driver on Mac
- Open Apple menu and then select the System Preferences option. Make sure that you use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant on the screen.
- Now, select the HP Scan option and to create a print queue, select the Add Printer option.
- Select the print, scan or copy option as per your printer tasks.
- For any further information or support, do not hesitate to reach our experts on the Toll-free number.
Do you want to setup your HP printer on a Wi-Fi network? Connect the printer to the wireless network and then install the printer driver and software by following the steps below.
Step 1: Setting up the printer for the installation process
- Prior to setting up your Officejet printer on the wireless network, collect the network name and security passphrase.
- Ensure that your printer and system are on and also check if the PC and printer are connected to the same network. Make sure that you use a broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer if any.
Step 2 : Connecting the printer to the wireless network
- Press the power button, then on the panel, click the Wireless icon and then select the Wireless Menu icon.
- The printer may search for available wireless networks on tapping Wireless Settings and then select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Choose your wireless network and then follow the prompts on the control panel to connect your printer to the wireless network.
Step 3: Configuring the printer software
- If you have a CD, use it to download the software. Check if the printer is on.
- If your Officejet printer is connected to the system with a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Select a suitable method to identify your printer model and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click the Download option next to the full feature driver or ensure that you click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
How to print
Generally, a network printer is one that you can install directly on your network. We have provided the basic steps to install your HP Officejet printer to a network.
- Connect your printer to either a network router over a wireless network or using wired (Ethernet) cable.
- Note that you can connect your printer to the wireless network using the display screen. If the network is secure, a prompt may display to type the password.
- If you don’t have a screen, ensure that you connect the printer to your PC using USB.
- After connecting the printer to the network, install it in Windows from the Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers and then select Add a printer option. Choose your wireless printer from the list, then select Next and then install the drivers.
- If you don’t have a display screen, make sure that you connect the printer to your PC using a USB cable.
- After connecting the printer to the network, install it in Mac from the Control Panel.
- Open the Apple menu, then click the System Preferences option and then move on to the next step.
- Now, select the Print & Fax option and then click the add button to search for new printer models.
- Choose your network printer from the Default tab. It may display that the network printer is installed in OS X.