123.hp.com oj6958 Printer
The HP Officejet 6958 is an all-in-one printer which is built for business and also produces fast professional quality prints in quick time. It supports Duplex printing and is capable of handling more tasks without slowing down in its speed. If you need professional-quality prints for your home office or small workgroups, then this printer best suits your need.
- The HP OfficeJet 6958 printer’s memory capacity is 1GB and is designed with two paper trays and the output tray capacity is 60 sheet.
- It can print up to 20,000 pages per month. The maximum paper input capacity for this printer is 225 Sheet.
- The maximum resolution of this printer is up to 1200 x 1200.
- It supports easy mobile printing, affordable color, and fast functionality.
- This printer is enabled with dynamic security and supports the Operating System such as Mac and Windows.
- You can easily print from your mobile and it supports wireless printer connectivity.
HOW TO INSTALL PRINTER
Open the printer’s cardboard box and take out the printer. Remove all the stickers and packing materials stuck on it. Then follow the below steps to complete the printer setup.
Step 1: After removing all the packing materials from inside and outside of the printer, keep them aside for recycling.
Step 2: Plug in the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet. Press the power button and switch on the printer.
Step 3: Set the control panel preferences on your printer and finally select the “Yes” option to confirm your choice.
Step 4: After setting the printer control panel preferences, pull the input tray and insert enough paper into it.
Step 5: After loading the paper, open the ink cartridge access door and install the ink cartridges into their slot and close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 6: Automatically the printer prints an alignment page.
HOW TO PRINT, SCAN, COPY, AND FAX
HOW TO PRINT
You can quickly print a document using this HP OfficeJet 6958 printer. To print the documents from a Windows computer, follow the steps as they are described below.
Step 1: Open the document you need to print. Make the required changes such as adjusting text, font, and size.
Step 2: In the document, click the “File” menu and then click the “Print” option.
Step 3: Click Printer Properties, Properties, or Preferences option. Once you click it, either the Document Properties window opens or the Printing Preferences window opens.
Step 4: Based on your print job, change the layout and paper settings. For best printing results, change the quality and color settings.
Step 5:After changing the required settings, click the “Ok” option to confirm your choice. Then click the “Print” option.
HOW TO SCAN
To scan from your computer, you have to install the full feature software and driver. Then do as per the instructions that are given below to quickly scan a document.
Step 1: Open the scanner lid and place the document or photo on the scanner glass.
Step 2: Based on your printer type, load the document in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
Step 3: Remember you should not load the photos on the ADF. Doing this may damage your photo as well as the printer.
Step 4: Open Windows and search for HP, then click your printer model name on the results page which is opened.
Step 5:The HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan. Make the changes and click the “Scan” option.
HOW TO COPY
Using your printer you can produce copies of printed documents and photos using color or black ink. Follow the steps that are given below to copy the document or photo.
Step 1: Load the document or the photo on the scanner glass after opening the scanner lid.
Step 2: Never load the photos in the ADF, which might damage the photo and the printer.
Step 3: Remember you should place the original with the print side down. On the printer control panel, click “Copy” on the home screen.
Step 4:Select the keypad and enter the desired number of copies. Select “Settings” to access any advanced copy settings.
Step 5: Click the “Back” button and return to the Copy screen. To start the copy job, select “Start Black” or “Start Color”.
HOW TO FAX
To send a Fax, you have to open the document that you want to fax on the computer and then do as per the instructions are given below in step by step manner.
Step 1: In your software application, click “Print” from the File menu.
Step 2:Select the printer that has the fax in the name from the Name list. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box to change settings such as color or black fax.
Step 3: This button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences, depending on your software application.
Step 4: Select the “Ok” option after you have changed any settings. Then click “OK” or “Print”.
Step 5: Enter the fax number and other information for the recipient. Click “Send Fax”. The fax is sent.
REPLACING INK CARTRIDGES
You need to replace or change the ink cartridges for your printer when the ink cartridges are empty or go low. Follow the instructions that are given below accordingly to replace the ink cartridge.
- Step 1: You need to open the ink cartridge access door to replace the ink cartridges. After that, the carriage moves to the ink cartridge access area. Also, remember that if the scanner lid is kept open, the ink cartridge access door does not open.
- Step 2:Press the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to release it, when the printer remains silent. Then pull up on the ink cartridge and remove it.
- Step 3: Open the new ink cartridge package and remove the new ink cartridge, then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Step 4:Hold the ink cartridge on its both sides and carefully insert it into its slot. After replacing the ink cartridge, close the cartridge access door.
- Step 5:The printer prints an alignment page after you close the ink cartridge access door. Repeat the same process if you need to replace any other ink cartridge. Now, you can perform all the tasks and print the documents or photos as you require.
PRINTHEAD PROBLEM, INK SYSTEM FAILURE, ‘Ox…’ ERROR DISPLAYS
If a Printhead, Printer Failure, or Ink System Failure error message displays on the computer or printer control panel, you have to follow these instructions to resolve the issue.
Step 1: If the genuine ink cartridges are not used in the printer can also result in this error. To prevent the Printhead, Printer Failure, or Ink System Failure error you should use the genuine ink cartridges.
Step 2: Sometimes resetting the printer can resolve the error. After turning on the printer, wait till the printer remains silent. Now, disconnect the power cord from printer and wall outlet. Connect it back after 60 seconds.
Step 3: Check if the issue is solved, after resetting. If the issue is not solved, then check if the error is cleared after removing the ink cartridges from the slot. If error displays, reinsert the ink cartridges. Then update the firmware.
Step 4: If the error is cleared, then you need to clean the ink cartridge vents and the contacts, and then reinsert them into their slot.
Step 5: Update the firmware if the error message is still there and then check if the issue is resolved.