HP PRINTER OFFICEJET PRO 8600
- The HP Officejet Pro 8660 printer is designed for micro, small or home office purpose.
- Automatic duplex printing feature allows you to print a document on both sides of the page.
- The printer has the capability to Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax a document or photo.
- The HP Officejet pro 8660 printer works with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating system.
- The printer supports Wired and Wireless network connection so you can use any one of the preferred connection types to connect the printer and computer.
- The printer’s paper handling capacity: Input tray: 250 sheets Output tray: 150 sheets.
- The printer’s print speed for black is up to 15 ppm and for color is up to 11 ppm.
- Print your document or photo on the go. An Android user can use the HP ePrint app to print the document from wherever you are whereas a Mac user can use the AirPrint app to print from your mobile.
- With 50-sheets Automatic Document Feeder, complete your print job quickly and easily.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8660 is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer uses less energy without compromising its performance.
- You have two options to install the driver on your computer a. Using installation CD b. From the Website.
- Use the installation CD that came with the printer to install the driver and software.
- Switch on the computer where you need to install the driver. Check whether that the system has a disc drive.
- Place the CD into the disc drive and use the on-screen guides to run and execute the setup file.
- Each operating system has a unique driver. Prior to installing it check the compatibility of the OS.
- During the process, you are prompted to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Click Yes–> Continue–> Next–> Done to complete the process successfully.
- Once completing the installation, try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
- If you find any issue while printing a document, you can move to the next step.
- Just give a call at the toll-free number that is displayed on this website to download and install the printer driver and software effortlessly.
- Our technical experts will download and install the driver on your computer via a remote access.
- Get an updated driver and software for the printer and prep your printer ready to print the desired document or photo.
Wireless printer setup
STEP 1: Before starting up the setup process, gather the required wireless network name and password to connect the printer and computer.
STEP 2: Switch on the printer, wireless router, and the computer. During the setup process, place all the network connected devices within the range of the wireless network.
STEP 3: You need to use the same wireless network connection to connect the HP Officejet Pro 8660 printer and computer.
STEP 4: Unplug any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer. From the control panel of the printer, click on the Wireless icon and then select the Wireless menu.
STEP 5: Tap Wireless Settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer searches for available networks.
STEP 6: Choose your wireless network name from the list of results and then make use of the instructions on the control panel to link the printer to your wireless network.
STEP 7: Follow the steps that are listed below to add the printer on your computer
STEP 8: For Windows computer: Once connecting the printer to your network, you can add it to your Windows computer so that you can print well.
STEP 9: Access the Control Panel from the Start menu or by right-clicking the Windows button.
STEP 10: Choose the View devices and printers or Devices and Printers option. Click on the Add a printer button. Choose your printer from the list of results.
STEP 11: Download and install the updated driver and software for the printer. For Windows operating system, download the .exe file type.
STEP 12: For Mac device: click on the Apple menu and tap System Preferences. Select the Print and Scan button.
STEP 13: Tap on the + button, choose your printer from the list. Install the suitable driver for the printer.
STEP 14: For Mac OS, you have to download the .dmg file type. Once downloading the setup file, install it on your computer.
STEP 15: For more information, call us at the toll-free number, our technical experts will guide you to setup your printer.
Ink cartridge replacement
- It is advisable to periodically estimate the ink level of the printer’s cartridge.
- During the estimation process, if you find that the cartridge level is empty, you have to replace it with a new one.
- Do not replace the cartridge that is low. Once you get a notification message stating that the cartridge is empty then you can replace it with a new one.
- To avoid printing delays, it is suggested to have an additional cartridge with you so that you can replace the cartridge as soon as possible.
- Tap the power button to power on the printer. Place plain white paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Press down on the cartridge to release it from the slot and then pull the cartridges out of the slot.
- Take off a new cartridge from the packing material and then remove the plastic tape and stickers from it.
- Ensure that the cartridge is clean. If the cartridges are not clean, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- Make sure that you do not touch the copper colored contacts or the ink nozzles by touching these parts might result is ink failure, clogs, and bad electrical connections.
- Place the cartridges into the slot. Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left side of the slot and then place the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Once inserting the cartridges into the slot, check whether that the cartridges are placed properly. Lock the cartridge access door.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for the alignment page to print automatically.
- The printer print an alignment page automatically only when a new cartridge has been installed.
- The ink cartridge alignment is necessary to get the best print quality. Use the steps that are listed below to align the cartridges.
- Raise the scanner lid. Load the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Lock the scanner lid. Tap the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the front panel of your printer. The printer aligns the cartridges.
- Now, its time to check the quality of the document. Try to print a sample document using the printer.
- If the printer print well, you’re done. If the quality of the document is not as expected, repeat the process that are mentioned above.
- If not, contact our technical support team on the toll-free number.
While printing a document, if you find that the printer doesn’t work well, you have to fix and resolve the issue. Without resolving it, it is impossible to use the printer to print. Here are the basic printer troubleshooting tips to identify and rectify your printer issue easily. Make use of it and get your printer ready to print the document.
- Always position the printer on a flat surface to avoid the paper jam issue.
- Prior to loading the papers inside the tray, check its size and type and ensure that the paper is suitable for the printer.
- While placing the paper, make sure that you load sufficient paper inside it. Do not overfill the paper inside the input tray.
- Do not use an unauthenticated ink cartridge to print a document. It may lead to cartridge issue and poor print quality.
- Before inserting the cartridges into the slot, check whether that the cartridges are clean.
- Periodically update the printer firmware and also the printer driver and software.
- It is suggested to clean the printhead and the paper feed roller regularly to avoid the print issue.
- Check the connection between your printer and the computer. If it is a wireless connection, ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
Paper jam error
- Power off the HP Officejet Pro 8660 printer. Unplug the USB cable from the posterior side of the printer.
- Unlink the power cord from the rear of the printer. To release the door, you have to press the tab that is on the left side of the rear access door.
- Pull the door away from the printer to remove it. Take off any jammed paper or bits of torn paper from the rollers inside the printer.
- Unlock the carriage access door. Remove the paper from the output tray. Find any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage.
- Take off any paper or object you find. Lock the cartridge access door. Re-link the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Connect the power cord back into the wall outlet. Tap the power button to power on the printer.
- Prior to loading the paper, check whether that the paper is compatible with the printer.
- Dust and debris on the printer rollers might cause the paper jam issue. Ensure that the roller is free from dust.
- Restart the printer and computer and try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
- To print a document, use only one paper type at a time. Do not mix up the different paper types.
- Check if the HP Officejet Pro 8660 printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Use the desired wireless network name and password to connect the devices.
- Place all the network connected devices within the range of the wireless network to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- In case you have changed the wireless network name, you need to reconfigure all the network connected devices.
- If you connect multiple devices to the same wireless network, the signal strength will be minimal so it is suggested to connect the limited device.
- Update the printer firmware and the driver and software for the printer regularly.
- If the driver uses the wrong communication port then the printer remains offline as the connection cannot be established.
- In some cases, the firewall software might block the communication with the network printer so disable the firewall software temporarily and try to print a document.
- Make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix and rectify the connection issue. Restart the printer and computer and try printing a sample document.
- If you still find an issue, feel free to contact our technical support team on the toll-free number to get an instant solution to resolve the issue.