Total Guide for HP Deskjet 6940 Setup
- If you wish to get a single function inkjet HP Deskjet 6940 Setup whose productivity parallels the laser printers, the best choice for you to buy would be the HP Deskjet 6940 printer.
- This printer does not support multi-function or multitasking. The processing speed and the print speed of this printer are so high that it is on par with the laser printers.
- This printer supports wired connectivity. You can use a USB or LAN cable to connect your computer and printer. It also has the other features such as borderless printing, etc.
- The HP Deskjet 6940 Printer Setup is compatible with media types such as labels, banner cards, plain paper, photo paper, envelopes, cards, transparencies, etc. It supports media sizes such as A4, A5, B5, etc.
- This printer uses the HP thermal inkjet printing technology to print documents and photos. The average monthly volume of this printer is around 500 to 800 pages.
- The print speed of the HP Deskjet 6940 printer is as high as 36 pages per minute for black and 27 pages per minute for color documents. Print your documents in a jiffy.
How to Download the Latest HP Deskjet 6940 Printer Driver And Manual?
- Installing the HP Deskjet 6940 printer driver is the final step in setting up the printer. You need to install the driver to connect your printer to your computer.
- If you don’t install the driver on your computer and connect your printer to it, your computer won’t recognize the printer. You cannot access the printer features.
- You can use the installer CD that was shipped along with the HP Deskjet 6940 printer to install the printer driver. Insert the CD into the computer and follow the prompted instructions.
- The only disadvantage of using the installer CD to install the HP Deskjet 6940 Setup driver is that this CD might not be compatible with the latest OS version of your computer.
- You can also download the HP Deskjet 6940 printer driver from our website as an alternative. Enter the URL of our website in the address bar of your computer’s browser.
- Tap on the Enter key to load the home page of our website. Once the page completes loading, check for the Driver Download section. Key in the model number of your HP Deskjet 6940 Printer Setup printer.
- Select the Operating System’s version of your computer. If you choose the wrong version of OS, you will download the wrong driver and you won’t be able to install it.
- From the list of available drivers, download the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic Driver and install it.
- You will receive a hard copy or a printed copy of the HP Deskjet 6940 printer manual bundled along with the printer. This is one of the accessories of the printer.
- Enter our website and look for the Manual Download section. Enter the model number of your printer to begin downloading the user manual.
How To Print Using HP Deskjet 6940 Printer?
- Plug in one end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet and the other end of the power cord to the printer. Do not connect it to an electrical surge or power surge.
- Tap on the power button on the printer to switch it on. The printer will undergo a warm-up process. Wait for the printer to complete it and settle down.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest updated printer driver on your computer. If you don’t install the printer driver, you cannot access the features of the printer.
- Check the estimated level of ink in your dj6940 printer. If the ink level is too low or if the ink cartridge exhaust, you need to refill or replace the ink cartridge.
- Extend the paper tray of the printer. Slide the paper width guides away and load a stack of paper. Close the paper width guides in such a way that it brushes the edges of the paper.
- Check if the connection between your computer and printer is secure. If you are using a USB connection, connect it directly to the computer and not to the USB dock.
- Open the document or photo that you wish to print using the HP Deskjet 6940 printer. Tap on the File menu and navigate to the Print option. The Print Properties window will open.
- From the list of available printer devices, select the name of dj6940 printer. Choose the shortcut type that matches your print job from the Presets menu.
- Customize or edit the settings. You can change the preset settings such as the quality settings, layout, color, orientation, and other visible attributes of the document.
- Select the correct paper type and paper source for the print job. After customising all the settings, tap on the Print option to begin printing.
How to Refill DJ6940 Ink Cartridges?
- Ensure that you always use the genuine HP ink cartridges to refill the ink cartridges. If you use the non-HP ink cartridge, it will affect the print quality and the printhead.
- Make sure that you regularly check the estimated level of ink in your HP Deskjet 6940 printer. If the ink levels run low, you can refill the ink cartridges with authentic ink.
- If you wish to check the estimated level of ink in your HP Deskjet 6940 Setup, you need to switch the printer. Press the small ink drop icon to reveal the ink levels in your HP Deskjet 6940 printer.
- If you have a Windows computer, search for the keyword HP. Click on the results to open the HP Printer Assistant window. The estimated level of ink will display on the home screen.
- If you are using a Mac, open the System Preferences window. Tap on the Print & Scan option and select your printer. Click on the Supply Levels tab to reveal the ink level in your printer.
- If you wish to check the estimated level of ink in your printer from the HP Smart App, download and install it on your mobile phone. Connect your printer to the device. The ink level will display on the home screen.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end of the power cord directly to the wall outlet. Make sure that you don’t connect the power cord to an electrical surge or power surge.
- Press and hold the power button to switch on dj6940 printer. Wait for the printer to complete the preparation process and settle down. Clasp the handles on the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- The ink carriage will slowly move to the center. Once it settles down, pull the ink cartridge out of its slot. Remove the label stuck on the ink cartridge. You will find small pores on it.
- Use a syringe to inject the ink into the ink cartridge. If you are refilling a tri-color ink cartridge, ensure that you inject the correct ink into the correct slot. Clean the ink cartridges after refilling it. Stick the label back.
- Install the ink cartridges into its slot. Close the cartridge access door. Load a plain paper on the scanner glass and press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button to start aligning the ink cartridges.
How to do USB Printer Setup for HP DJ 6940 Printer?
- If you wish to set up your HP Deskjet 6940 printer using a USB cable, make sure that you have not connected the HP Deskjet 6940 Printer Setup to the computer before installing the required driver.
- Use an authentic USB cable to connect your computer and printer. Make sure that the cable is at least three meters in length. Anything shorter than that is not advisable.
- Press the power button on the printer to switch it on. The dj6940 printer will undergo a preparation process. Wait for the printer to complete it and continue once the printer settles down.
- Enter our website and look for the Driver Download section. Type in the model number of your printer in the space provided and tap on the Begin option.
- Select the OS version of your computer. Make sure that you select the correct version. If not, you will download the wrong printer driver and you cannot install it.
- Download the full feature driver from the list of available drivers. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic Driver.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the prompted instructions to install it. Select USB as the connection mode and connect the printer’s USB to the computer.
How to Troubleshoot HP Deskjet 6940 Printer?
HP Deskjet 6940 printer is just like any other electronic device; it is bound to wear out after a certain period of usage. Fixing the HP Deskjet 6940 printer issues and printer problem could be a strenuous job if you don’t have proper guidance. Follow the simple troubleshooting steps given below to fix the printer issue.
- If you are having an issue with the HP Deskjet 6940 Setup, restart the printer device. Switch off the printer and disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Connect the cable back and switch on your printer. If the issue persists, check the estimated ink level. Make sure that you use authentic ink cartridges and products.
- Check if you have inserted the paper that is compatible with your printer and suitable for the print job. If not, you will have print and print quality issues.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct printer settings on your computer. Check the quality settings. Ensure that you have selected your dj6940 printer from the list of available printers.
- Reset the printer system. Update the printer firmware.