Download the HP Deskjet 1010 printer manual or user guide from our website and troubleshoot all the printer issues with simple instructions provided in it. Troubleshooting steps to some common issues are given below.
- Step 1: You can quickly troubleshoot all the technical issues related to your printer, with the printer manual guidance. The HP Deskjet 1010 printer manual contains the simple solutions to all the problems and it also gives tips on handling your printer.
- Step 2: The most common error this printer faces is ‘printer going offline'. When the printer goes offline, use HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool to resolve the issue. If the error persists, then set the default printer and unpause the printing.
- Step 3: Now, check if the issue is solved. If not, then try to reset the printer and check the connection status. Then check whether a correct port is used, as the printer remains offline if the driver uses a wrong port.
- Step 4: Check if the issue gets solved by updating the printer firmware. If not, then create a manual connection and then check if the error or the issue is cleared. If not, then you have to service the printer.
- Step 5: All the printer related printing and scanning problems can be solved using the Print and Scan doctor tool. The printer user guide also contains detail troubleshooting instructions in a stepwise manner. Using it use can solve the other common issues.
PRINTER WON’T PRINT
When you try to print, the printer does not print and displays an error message. Try the steps that are provided below accordingly to troubleshoot this issue.
Step 1: If the print jobs are stuck in the print queue, the printer stops printing. So, check if any of the lights are blinking or any error conditions exist on the printer or your computer screen, if exist then clear them.
Step 2: Try to print and if the issue persists still, then delete the print job files and restart your computer. Now, check the power connection and then reset your printer. As resetting the printer can easily clear the error or problem.
Step 3: If the issue is there even after resetting your printer, then try to remove and reconnect the USB cable from the printer. If your printer is connected to a network, then run Print and Scan doctor tool to identify and resolve the issue.
Step 4: If the issue is not cleared after running the Print and Scan doctor tool, then check whether the printer is paused or offline. Also, verify if the correct printer name is set as the default printer and try to print again.
Step 5: If the error displays, then try to remove and reinstall the printer driver. Also, check if the problem lies in the software application. Now, try to print and check if the error is cleared. If not, then service the printer.
PAPER FEED PROBLEM
When you try to print, the printer does not feed the paper from the tray. To resolve the paper feed problems, try these troubleshooting steps given below accordingly.
Step 1: To resolve the problem, first try to reset the printer. To reset, you have to disconnect the power cord from the printer, when it is kept turned-on. Then, disconnect the power cord from wall outlet. Then you have to wait for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Now, connect the power cord back to the printer and the wall outlet. Now, try to print and if the error is there, then check the condition and the quality of the paper and then reload it back into the printer.
Step 3: If the problem is still there, then check if there is any loose paper, debris, or foreign objects left on the tray. If there then try to remove them from the tray and then print a test page.
Step 4: If the issue is still there, then try to clean the paper pick rollers. As there may be some dust or paper residue on the rollers inside the printer, which may cause the paper feed issues. Now, try to print.
Step 5: If the error is not cleared yet, then adjust the paper settings in the print driver. If the paper size and type in the paper tray do not match the size and type settings in the print driver, also results in this issue.